Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2//horns

Young And Old

I guess the topic becomes relevant in regard to the events of today.

Inexperience, World Champion, talented, too young, just a small collection of words that could've been gathered from todays race.

It begs the question, how much does talent over weigh experience, vica versa? The question may need to be cleaned up a bit, but the matter or issue raised here is obvious.

Today we've seen a young man all but clinch a driver championship and others perform at an elite level, yet we have seen a contrast of events (event) from another (poor bloke, -_- ).

You cannot forget the equipment when talking about experience and talent. It takes more for instance to drive the Spyker than the Mclaren, so those in smaller teams are likely to look more inexperienced. Whereas in a faster car, they may make mistakes but they have the speed so you don't only remember the mistakes but the points / podiums / wins.

You need a mixture of both. Vettel has much talent but not enough experience. Wurz is the opposite.

you're right there dribbler

All very true All.

I know it's been discussed before, but days (and the sucesses and the mistakes) like today make me wonder what kind of racing we'll see in those conditions, but without traction control..........

All very true All.

I know it's been discussed before, but days (and the sucesses and the mistakes) like today make me wonder what kind of racing we'll see in those conditions, but without traction control..........

I didnt think about that! Wow imagine todays race without traction control. I think there would be alot more people off the road that there was today I can be certain about that.

If there were no TC on the cars the race would for sure have been called off. It just would not be safe any more or at least in those conditions the amount of danger would have been too much to justify a race

People really think it's inexperience? I think the man just screwed up, like anyone else could have... Didn't Montoya run into MS in Monaco in SC period?

If, as a team owner, I thought someone had talent but not enough experience to run in a race I would not let them touch my $1 million car, no matter the hype. So I really don't think inexperience had anything to do with it.

Vettel screwed up badly, let him stew in that for a while.