Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Ode To The Humble Lewis Hamilton

This guy just get's humbler by the second doesn't he.

To quote Lewis from this article here... http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2766409,00.html

"They've got to be smart and think about it: I know they've got politics and sponsors and all that sort of stuff, but they've got to do what's right and I'm sure they will."

What's right for who. You?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least Schumi kept his stuff out of the media as far as selecting his No2 and other internal team stuff. Lewis is now just as bad maybe even worse than Alonso. When I first read that statement from Lewis and a one a few lines up in the article, it almost sounded to me that he would contemplate going to another team if they didn't do what was right in his eyes.

Yeah he won the race. Doesn't mean he runs the team. I thought Kimi drove a blinder. The Ferrari tactics where a joke, get Brawn back in the team now! And if they did indeed get the email about the tyres too late, then honestly that sux. I'm not doing any conspiracy theory stuff here, I just think it messed up what could have been a great duel up front.

In my mind, Kimi would have won had it not been for the tyre stuff up, and then the other stupid thing his team did which was not to change his tyres on his 2nd pitstop. That was odd. In the end he needed new tyres and virtually no fuel. Weird.

[quote name='Murray Walker' post='218788' date='Oct 1 2007, 02:40 PM']I don't see the problem. He just said what he would like to see.[/quote]
Picture Nando saying that about Lewis...focus yourself on it...now imagine what would have been posted in the forums in such case...

Now you see the problem? ;)

I'm going to be predictable here and support the boy God. Alonso has cost the team $100m, their constructors points and individual team members performance bonus - He has colluded with Pedro in trying to withold setup data from his own team mate.

Alonso is a nice guy but he is no longer welcome at Mclaren.

Sling your hook pal

<_<

I'm going to be predictable here and support the boy God. Alonso has cost the team $100m, their constructors points and individual team members performance bonus - He has colluded with Pedro in trying to withold setup data from his own team mate.

Alonso is a nice guy but he is no longer welcome at Mclaren.

Sling your hook pal

<_<

Ahhh You are right! I knew Coughlan and Ron had nothing to do with this! Of course!!!

Alonso's mails (which were sent to the FIA by RD, unless he lied about that, too) are why they were penalized!!!

Brilliant!

Do you also think that the main person to be blamed for the 9/11 attacks is the guy that built the WTC?

Ahhh You are right! I knew Coughlan and Ron had nothing to do with this! Of course!!!

Alonso's mails (which were sent to the FIA by RD, unless he lied about that, too) are why they were penalized!!!

Brilliant!

Do you also think that the main person to be blamed for the 9/11 attacks is the guy that built the WTC?

I'm sorry mate, but you and the other pose of Nando fans dont want to believe his collusion in the Spygate saga. The whole world cant be wrong and you right - Lewis was simply saying what a lot of F1 fans, Nando fans excluded, have been thinking.

Nando has made a total fool of himself this year and will still be beaten to the WDC despite all his underhand tactics - If he stays at Mclaren it will be worse for him than this year as Lewis will galvanise the team in the same way that Schumi did.

If you are honest with yourself you will still love Nando, but admit will be beaten to the WDC by the better driver.

i am not surprised...i knew that he wasn't the saint his fans wanted him to be...and he has proved it...

i mean,hamiltons' fans may say whatever they want about fernando but they must recognise one thing:Fernando has never said anything bad about lewis...not even now that the kid is attacking him in the most disgusting way(imo)...

SER radio: This evening in Spain, while you were sleeping there some words of Hamilton have appeared, saying

This just adds fuel to the fire in my opinion :D Which is great entertainment. But Lewis is starting to think hes number one at Mclaren when he has to remember there is no number 1 in Mclaren. Even though most of the team in Mclaren is supporting Hamilton. I mean look at qualifying at Fuji. When Hamilton got pole the mechanics were going crazy yet Alonso was on pole already? So the team was number one anyway. I do feel for Alonso but he has to prove himself and at the moment hes not doing that and making mistakes. So to save himself he either stays at Mclaren and has to destroy Hamilton next year or go Toyota and dominate when he does a Schumi (which is very risky and may fail). Or else now Hamilton will take the limelight and championships away from him and Alonso will fade away in the distance.

But I do feel sorry for Alonso. If I were him Id go to Toyota and sort that team out. They are just so unorganized and where is all that money going !?

I'm sorry mate, but you and the other pose of Nando fans dont want to believe his collusion in the Spygate saga. The whole world cant be wrong and you right - Lewis was simply saying what a lot of F1 fans, Nando fans excluded, have been thinking.

Nando has made a total fool of himself this year and will still be beaten to the WDC despite all his underhand tactics - If he stays at Mclaren it will be worse for him than this year as Lewis will galvanise the team in the same way that Schumi did.

If you are honest with yourself you will still love Nando, but admit will be beaten to the WDC by the better driver.

:blink:

Would love to reply your comments, but sadly they have no relevance whether in relation with the thread or my previous post.

This just adds fuel to the fire in my opinion :D Which is great entertainment. But Lewis is starting to think hes number one at Mclaren when he has to remember there is no number 1 in Mclaren. Even though most of the team in Mclaren is supporting Hamilton. I mean look at qualifying at Fuji. When Hamilton got pole the mechanics were going crazy yet Alonso was on pole already? So the team was number one anyway. I do feel for Alonso but he has to prove himself and at the moment hes not doing that and making mistakes. So to save himself he either stays at Mclaren and has to destroy Hamilton next year or go Toyota and dominate when he does a Schumi (which is very risky and may fail). Or else now Hamilton will take the limelight and championships away from him and Alonso will fade away in the distance.

But I do feel sorry for Alonso. If I were him Id go to Toyota and sort that team out. They are just so unorganized and where is all that money going !?

Lewis destroyed Nando in Japan - He was faster in Quali despite having a heavier car and managed to pull out a 3 sec gap in the opening stint of the race proper. His inlap was Schumacheresqe and meant he was able to leapfrog the midfield.

If Lewis wins the WDC he will only gain in confidence and will thrash Nando if they remain team mates next year. I agree, he should look for pastures - Todt's comments were interesting in that he wasn't mincing his words or trying to court Nando for the future. Toyota and Renault are his best bet and I fancy Kova will pose as big a threat as Lewis if they are team mates.

im sure alonso isn't going to cry over hamilton's comments, i don't see any attack - isn't hamilton just stating his opinion? that is, he doesn't want alonso as his team mate anymore. people are always complaining about how drivers can't give opinions anymore, but that's all hamilton is doing.

ok so it serves it's purposes as well, when he says he sees his future at mclaren, making sure mclaren know where he stands - his loyalty.

im sure alonso isn't going to cry over hamilton's comments, i don't see any attack - isn't hamilton just stating his opinion? that is, he doesn't want alonso as his team mate anymore. people are always complaining about how drivers can't give opinions anymore, but that's all hamilton is doing.

ok so it serves it's purposes as well, when he says he sees his future at mclaren, making sure mclaren know where he stands - his loyalty.

I'd say he is not only pushing Nando out, he is also hinting for a pay rise...

Lewis is on a basic of $500,000 a year - Nando is on $10m, Kimi $$$, Button $$$, Webber $$$

I'd say he deserves a pay rise dont you.

Picture Nando saying that about Lewis...focus yourself on it...now imagine what would have been posted in the forums in such case...

Now you see the problem? ;)

:) Of course I would react a little differently emotionally in that case, but Nando has already said that he wants preferential treatment in the team, so I don't think he can complain at Lewis saying he'd rather have another teammate really.

Oh yeah! Did someone say FA has never said anything bad about his team mate? What about when FA accused LH of using FA's setup data?

Yep, Autosport reckon he will be the first billion dollar driver.

Lowest payed world champion ever?

Lewis is on a basic of $500,000 a year - Nando is on $10m, Kimi $$$, Button $$$, Webber $$$

I'd say he deserves a pay rise dont you.

Yes, in fact I totally support him on that one. His salary is a shame when compared to other drivers, it was very low even for a rookie, now that he showed his worth it is obviously ridiculous. I was merely stating my opinion on what he meant. No irony in that post ;)

:) Of course I would react a little differently emotionally in that case, but Nando has already said that he wants preferential treatment in the team, so I don't think he can complain at Lewis saying he'd rather have another teammate really.

What he said was unpolite and arrogant. Of course, you can say he is entitled to say so or think so. But then you will have to agree that Alonso was also entitled to be arrogant and unpolite before. Fact is Alonso and Lewis deserve each other. Both are equally arrogant and unpolite. Lewis can do that and most British will forgive him or say that it's because of Nando. Nando can do that and most Spanish will forgive him or say that it's because of Lewis/Ron.

Lewis can say any crap he wants, just like Nando. And he will be despised for his words, just like Nando :P

Just for the record: not a single fan here (to my recollection) not even AleHop, ever denied Nando could make stupid comments or have bad attitudes. Somehow, I am yet to see the same criticism to Lewis from the Lewis fans. No, I don't mean you Muzza, this is just a rambling.

What he said was unpolite and arrogant. Of course, you can say he is entitled to say so or think so. But then you will have to agree that Alonso was also entitled to be arrogant and unpolite before. Fact is Alonso and Lewis deserve each other. Both are equally arrogant and unpolite. Lewis can do that and most British will forgive him or say that it's because of Nando. Nando can do that and most Spanish will forgive him or say that it's because of Lewis/Ron.

Lewis can say any crap he wants, just like Nando. And he will be despised for his words, just like Nando :P

Just for the record: not a single fan here (to my recollection) not even AleHop, ever denied Nando could make stupid comments or have bad attitudes. Somehow, I am yet to see the same criticism to Lewis from the Lewis fans. No, I don't mean you Muzza, this is just a rambling.

Yep that's true, they deserve each other. Lewis has got worse with his comments lately, lacks class. Alonso's press talk I could understand, I mean you come into a team expecting to be world champion, then a rookie starts showing a bit too much skill - I just don't like the way he makes his comments.. Up until now, Hamilton hadn't been quite as bad, now he is on a similar level. It's sort of like what Mark Blundell* said, 'Hamilton should just focus on the racing, instead of adding more tension' - or something similar to that. I understand why Lewis makes his latest comments, but he could just say these things to the team.

*One of the ITV guys.

Anyway all this bollocks is precisely why I like Kimi, or others like that, now if only he'd win a champioship.

Yep that's true, they deserve each other. Lewis has got worse with his comments lately, lacks class. Alonso's press talk I could understand, I mean you come into a team expecting to be world champion, then a rookie starts showing a bit too much skill - I just don't like the way he makes his comments.. Up until now, Hamilton hadn't been quite as bad, now he is on a similar level. It's sort of like what Mark Blundell* said, 'Hamilton should just focus on the racing, instead of adding more tension' - or something similar to that. I understand why Lewis makes his latest comments, but he could just say these things to the team.

*One of the ITV guys.

Anyway all this bollocks is precisely why I like Kimi, or others like that, now if only he'd win a champioship.

Kimi is not WDC material - He earned a fortune and Mclaren and when he leaves the car is WDC fast - He'll earn a fortune at Ferrari but will barely beat Massa - Maybe he doesn't have the luck or maybe he just isn't good enough.

Kimi is not WDC material - He earned a fortune and Mclaren and when he leaves the car is WDC fast - He'll earn a fortune at Ferrari but will barely beat Massa - Maybe he doesn't have the luck or maybe he just isn't good enough.

Whoah, I wasn't attacking Lewis or anything, so a strange response there.

Is Kimi WDC material? - that's a debate I can't be aresed to have again, as I'm not a fanboy.