Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Honda 2008 Wcc!

Honda  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Honda?

• They are crap
    • They aren't good
    • They are rubbish
    • They're alright in a bad way
    • Honda smell
    • Who are Honda?
    • They are crap
    • i like honda

This was too funny not to share!

Button: 2007 should make Honda stronger

By Pablo ElizaldeWednesday, October 3rd 2007, 15:13 GMT

Jenson Button says he and his Honda Racing team should become stronger as a result of their dismal 2007 season.

The Japanese squad have endured a miserable season, having scored just two points on their way to eighth place in the constructors' championship.

Button, who scored his maiden victory last year before becoming the top point scorer in the final part of the season, says he has no regrets about having stayed at Honda, but admits the team should learn from the errors made to be stronger in the future.

"It's done now, it's behind you," Button told the official Formula One website. "It's about not making the same mistakes again. The same goes for the team as well as for every individual. If you make the same mistakes again, you are a fool. It's that simple.

"We should learn from our slips and become stronger."

Button, sixth last year with 56 points, says 2007 has probably been the hardest year of his career.

"It was a tough season and of course it wasn't the season that we had expected," Button added. "The car has not improved over the past few months - at least not as much as we needed it to.

"Obviously, we went the wrong direction aerodynamically, but that process probably started at the end of last year. So yes, it's been a tough year - probably the toughest of my whole career.

"So all we can do is work as hard as we can and employ people to give fresh ideas. We have already started that process."

Despite his torrid season, Button admits he is excited about next year, and reckons Honda's plans are on the right track.

"We are perfectly on track. But for me I am excited to start testing as it is not just aerodynamics that we have to improve but we have new systems, no traction control, nothing to help you on the braking.

"I am looking forward driving without traction control as I feel that it supports my style of driving and from what I have done so far the lap times look pretty promising."

space.gif

Source

===============================================================================

:lol: Go Honda! How can they expect to learn from their mistakes when it seems they still make the same ones, they can't even learn from success. If every team became more competitive because of learning from misakes, we'd have 11 winning teams this year, instead of two.

Jenson Button dare not say a word against Honda, otherwise he may have to endure the gaze of Nick Fry's smile for even longer as a punishment.

Button's only hope next year is that all the other drivers will simply forget where the throttle is due to lack of traction control, or that it rains - a lot.

Honda have produced a good car in 2006...they can produce a good one again. This season they made a big mistake with the new wind tunnel and that's the reason for their poor form this year.

I expect them to be back where they should be in 2008

Meh I read the title and thought another stupid Nick Fry comment, but they've said nothing about winning the WCC... non story.

The thing that has impressed me about Button this year (apart from his qualifying last weekend) has been his Schumacher-esque professionalism in backing his team. His frustration and disappointment has been clear for everyone to see but he has learned that there is no wisdom in slagging your team in public. Michael knew that you won and lost together. I admire him for sticking with Honda even though they have produced a lemon. For all of Button's reputation of shifting allegiance i feel that he will be justified in moving on at the end of next season if they fail to deliver him a competitive machine. He has come on strong this year and really deserves a car worthy of his talent. He must be seething at Lewis's domination of the British lime light.

Meh I read the title and thought another stupid Nick Fry comment, but they've said nothing about winning the WCC... non story.

Ok, you caught me, I attempted to humoursly exaggerate the truth and gave the thread title a 'headline' - so to grab attention.

It used to be a non-story, but now I have brought it to the fore, it has become the stuff of legend. :P

Basically, I start threads when I'm bored.

:lol: Go Honda! How can they expect to learn from their mistakes when it seems they still make the same ones, they can't even learn from success. If every team became more competitive because of learning from misakes, we'd have 11 winning teams this year, instead of two.

Jenson Button dare not say a word against Honda, otherwise he may have to endure the gaze of Nick Fry's smile for even longer as a punishment.

Button's only hope next year is that all the other drivers will simply forget where the throttle is due to lack of traction control, or that it rains - a lot.

My exact thoughts when i reading the article....

Ok, you caught me, I attempted to humoursly exaggerate the truth and gave the thread title a 'headline' - so to grab attention.

It used to be a non-story, but now I have brought it to the fore, it has become the stuff of legend. :P

Basically, I start threads when I'm bored.

I do that too....

whenever BAR or Honda build one decent car to go Racing for a World Championship season, they Most often back the next Season with a poor one in my opinion.

in 2000 JV was at the top of his game scoring 4 4th places that year.

the following Season, JV scored 2 Lucky podiums at Spain (after Hakkinen's dramatic last Lap) and at the German GP after a Race of attrition.

Most of 2001 BAR were mid grid strugglers.

then 2004 BAR had a whopper of a season and then they backed it up with another poor one in 2005.

2006-2007 they have been in the same struggles with themselves!

I believe that this team will never make it for my 2 cents worth and JB should realise this and move on.

I too feel JB should get some support for being so loyal to Honda, it is Schumacher-esque. He's a nice bloke and a very very good racer, he just hasn't been able to show it off. His qualifying last week was hugely impressive. He really is an excellent wet weather driver, for a start he drove 7 laps in those conditions without a front wing and didn't crash out which deserves some credit. He deserves a championship worthy car as I would love to see him challenge at the front once and for all to prove he really is as good as the top 3! Next year we will see who is the best driver anyway as the traction control ban will show who is truly a good driver and who shouldnt even be in F1!

The thing that has impressed me about Button this year (apart from his qualifying last weekend) has been his Schumacher-esque professionalism in backing his team. His frustration and disappointment has been clear for everyone to see but he has learned that there is no wisdom in slagging your team in public. Michael knew that you won and lost together. I admire him for sticking with Honda even though they have produced a lemon. For all of Button's reputation of shifting allegiance i feel that he will be justified in moving on at the end of next season if they fail to deliver him a competitive machine. He has come on strong this year and really deserves a car worthy of his talent. He must be seething at Lewis's domination of the British lime light.

:clap3::clap3: Well said couldn't agree more- very hard way to learn a hard lesson but they will pull together.

I admire him for these things too Dribbler, along with other things that have come out of his predicament such as freely admitting that being at the back of the grid - he's learnt more about wheel to wheel stuff. Not often you hear drivers being so honest. As for his shifting allegiance, yup, he's made some c#ck-ups and sadly, perhaps enough to turn his career into a cul-de-sac.....

He's quick, consistent, brings his car home more often than most and if ever he can dig himself out of the sh1te car he drives there isn't any doubt in my mind he's capable of a WDC. And to be massively big headed for a moment, I'm the same chappy that predicted at the start of this year that Hamilton would be achieving podiums and seriously rattling Alonso's cage by mid season - so rest assured, I'm a damn good guesser ^_^

I've heard enough jibba jabba from this team and when I came across this article, I just thought, its already begun!

I hope Jenson's faith is repayed - I have a niggling worry that they'll be just as bad next year. If they haven't recovered any lost ground over the course of this year, how will they re-gain that advantage, plus the extra they'll need to be at the sharp end for 2008?

I can't quite get my head around just why this years car is so bad. They say it's aerodynamics - could they not just strip the bodywork/aero and come up with something new to fit to the car from scratch? Is it a fundamental flaw that they just can't fix without a new chassis?

And to be massively big headed for a moment, I'm the same chappy that predicted at the start of this year that Hamilton would be achieving podiums and seriously rattling Alonso's cage by mid season - so rest assured, I'm a damn good guesser ^_^

Cool. What are my chances of convincing mrs dribbler on a 48 hour shagathon this weekend?

I wonder if Geoff Willis monkeyed with the windtunnel software before he left.....

Anyway, Button impressed me by driving around at near-race speed in Fuji without a front wing. Seriously, that's impressive...especially considering Massa, Sutil, Alonso and Kimi's rally moments. I have said in the past, and I will continue to say it: Button should be at McLaren.

I too feel JB should get some support for being so loyal to Honda, it is Schumacher-esque. He's a nice bloke and a very very good racer, he just hasn't been able to show it off. His qualifying last week was hugely impressive. He really is an excellent wet weather driver, for a start he drove 7 laps in those conditions without a front wing and didn't crash out which deserves some credit. He deserves a championship worthy car as I would love to see him challenge at the front once and for all to prove he really is as good as the top 3! Next year we will see who is the best driver anyway as the traction control ban will show who is truly a good driver and who shouldnt even be in F1!

I think it was only 1 lap more....

Now we get to see whether he's a good damn liar too.

That is brilliant if in response to Steve's comment right above yours!

Yes, and you're brilliant for catching it! You rock!

It was. ;)

Well she was last weekend. Oh fu..... :eekout:

I knew it! She came home smelling of Old Spice.......

[quote name='Autumnpuma' post='219604' date='Oct 4 2007, 08:21 PM']I wonder if Geoff Willis monkeyed with the windtunnel software before he left.....

Anyway, Button impressed me by driving around at near-race speed in Fuji without a front wing. Seriously, that's impressive...especially considering Massa, Sutil, Alonso and Kimi's rally moments. I have said in the past, and I will continue to say it: [b]Button should be at McLaren[/b].[/quote]

If Ron Dennis fancies a break from the mental mindf**k of this year it would be a match made in heaven. Button doesn't get stressed out or gobby, he can do the 'I'm a team man' stuff, but most of all I'd love to see how he compares with Hamilton (at the wheel!) - I reckon a hell of a lot closer than many think.

Well, it's good to dream - but I don't tnink Ron rates him.