Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Fiarrari Strikes Again! Hamilton Under Investigation

Mostly the sudden brakings Pabloh, and playing mind games with Alonso....

You never see Kimi or Alonso do that, they back the field up at the final corner b4 the safety car goes back in...

Well, Alonso did it last year ...got penalty too ..then did it on ms under red flag ..he got penalty too :lol:

Well, Alonso did it last year ...got penalty too ..then did it on ms under red flag ..he got penalty too :lol:

Sorry, old age, lost brain cells and all that, can you refresh my memory? :lol:

However, there is a vast plethora of other F1 related videos! Are they copyright free?

No, apparently the FIA take 5 days to type 'www.youtube.com', so get in quick! :lol:

Indeed, except that he didn't even say it was Lewis's fault. MW said LH did a "Sh#t" job, but that is not the same as blaming him for a crash. It's clear from everything MW has said that he blames SV for making a genuine mistake in difficult circumstances. Even SV still accepts he is to blame, not LH.

Tbf I think Kimi and Alonso are pretty good at playing mind games too Brad! :P They wouldn't do very well if they weren't.

I agree with you too. No overtaking means no permanent overtaking. As far as I can see, it doesn't refer to changing places temporarily as one car breaks suddenly for whatever reason, or gets off the line more slowly on the formation lap. I could be wrong though of course.

not on track....

When you look at the video closely you can clearly see that hamilton takes a totally different path to what the safety car and other drivers took. According to rules, the leading driver is supposed to stay right behind the safety car and take the same path. So it proves that hamilton's driving was clearly Sh#t and not acceptable and also shows he's just another rookie

When you look at the video closely you can clearly see that hamilton takes a totally different path to what the safety car and other drivers took. According to rules, the leading driver is supposed to stay right behind the safety car and take the same path. So it proves that hamilton's driving was clearly Sh#t and not acceptable and also shows he's just another rookie

The lead driver is supposed to be within 5 car lengths, not sure there is anything that says he has to take the same line, though.

The lead driver is supposed to be within 5 car lengths, not sure there is anything that says he has to take the same line, though.

What i meant by taking the same line was, to take a path which is more similar towards the safety car. You needn't be pin point accuracy. And you also need to consider the weather aspect. If a driver does this, it puts others in a difficult position. The drivers said that there was almost zero visibility

<H2 class="uppercase clear">Alonso slates Hamilton`s `manoeuvres`</H2>

Thursday 4th October 2007

Fernando Alonso agreed with Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel's assertion that McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton was guilty of dangerous driving at the Japanese Grand Prix.

The 22-year-old is being investigated by stewards for his part in a crash between Webber and Vettel behind the safety car on lap 45 of Sunday's 67-lap race, which ended both drivers' afternoons.

Leading at the time, Hamilton has been fiercely criticised by Webber, who was second, in the build-up to this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix for constantly braking and accelerating in the final section of the Fuji Speedway.

If found guilty of causing the collision, he could face losing the 10 points he earned for his fourth victory of the season.

However, it is more likely Hamilton will suffer a 10-place grid penalty for the penultimate race at the Shanghai International Circuit.

Alonso followed his rookie team-mate for the first 19 laps as the race began behind the safety car due to appalling conditions at the Fuji Speedway and believes he could have handled the situation differently.

"I also overtook Lewis two or three times, so it seems that we all agree," he said.

"It's difficult to know what the car in front of you needs to do.

"I didn't see the race on TV but, hearing the comments of the drivers, they seemed to overtake the car in front a couple of times and had to make some unnecessary manoeuvres to avoid the cars in front."

In looking at the race a couple times over the past week, it didn't look very sporting. If he is deemed to have impeded both drivers on his actions, it warrants punishment.

Will be interesting to see what takes place.

What i meant by taking the same line was, to take a path which is more similar towards the safety car. You needn't be pin point accuracy. And you also need to consider the weather aspect. If a driver does this, it puts others in a difficult position. The drivers said that there was almost zero visibility

That's what I mean, I don't think there is anything to say that the drivers have to follow a similar path or line to the safety car. As long as you are on track, I don't see how there can be an issue. In fact it is probably better if drivers took different lines, out of the spray, better visibility, etc.

I've studyied the video a few time. Hami clearly veered to the right and braked harshly. fine. Alonso so confirmed that he overtook hami a couple of times. The question to ask now is why didnt webber do the same in that instance. U can overtake as long as u give the position back before the start finish line. Also if vettel was concentrating, all this wouldnt have happened.

I don't know if I am allowed to do this, but I see no disclaimer on the website. However you can find the video if you haven't seen it already on via.Auto sport and the Hamilton investigation thread.

In looking at the the video provided by Autosport, my judgment is that the actions of Hamilton have contributed to the accident and most definitely warrant a punishment. To what extent, I would say grid penalty, nothing more.

Question: Can evidence from a third party be used in such a case?

For what it's worth, I think the video shows he does have a part to play in the crash. If Vettel can be (extremely harsly) punished for his part in the accident, then so can Lewis for being central to a chain of events that caused said accident.

I don't think Vettel deserved a penalty, as I said on here last week, but considering he got one for his part, then I can't see how Lewis or anyone can moan if he gets one too.

I think the penalties are harsh in the extreme - but at least it's a consistent application of a dodgy decision.

Lewis has had the rub of the green so far this year, being unfairly freed from gravel traps, cutting people up and escaping a penalty at Hungary for a team fallout which he started - perhaps it's about time the nonsense of F1 these days caught up with him too, rather than just his competitors.

For what it's worth, I think the video shows he does have a part to play in the crash. If Vettel can be (extremely harsly) punished for his part in the accident, then so can Lewis for being central to a chain of events that caused said accident.

I don't think Vettel deserved a penalty, as I said on here last week, but considering he got one for his part, then I can't see how Lewis or anyone can moan if he gets one too.

I think the penalties are harsh in the extreme - but at least it's a consistent application of a dodgy decision.

Lewis has had the rub of the green so far this year, being unfairly freed from gravel traps, cutting people up and escaping a penalty at Hungary for a team fallout which he started - perhaps it's about time the nonsense of F1 these days caught up with him too, rather than just his competitors.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. What is now required is consistancy from the stewards/FIA.

If they penalised RK and SV for their indiscretions then surely he should be penalised as well.

This is a perfect opportunity to say that I am quite fed up with all the penalties being handled over the last seasons. There have been way too many, way too random, and way too inconsistent.

Penalties intended in a corrective way would be acceptable, if used sparingly.

At this moment, there have been more situations solved outside the track than inside.

As for this particular situation, I don't give a damn. Alonso crashed anyways :( And Kova finished in the podium :D

As for this particular situation, I don't give a damn. Alonso crashed anyways :( And Kova finished in the podium :D

but,andres,this may be a good opportunity for fernando to bounce back...! :naughty:

Now the video footage is removed from YouTube... You can only read the following statement:

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management"

If I was the fan that shot that video, I'd have 32,768 copies of it up on youtube and every other video service that I could find.

It wasn't an in-car cam shot, it was a video a FAN shot. Sheesh! He should be charging the FIA for the use of it!

FIArrari you make me sick...

Nope, just you.

No doubt it has not been PROVOKED by Ferrari...but being VERY USEFUL to Ferrari he will be punished anyway. If he's not punished I'll send 1 euro to every Ferrari fan on this forum. I'm ready to subscribe it

You have more money thean sense. Every other team will benefit if he is punished, not just Ferrari, idiot.

You know you're in the deep end when you're teammate accuses you of dangerous driving. Lewis should be given a light penalty, Vettel's should be rescinded. Now, time for funny:

A day in the life of Christiano:

My penis cannot sustain a 4 minute erection. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

Williams has a problem with balance. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

My mother is in the hospital. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

I cannot sleep at night. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

My girlfriend dumped me. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

Does anyone see a pattern here?

but,andres,this may be a good opportunity for fernando to bounce back...! :naughty:

I don't want to disappoint you, Angie, but a 10 grid penalty won't be enough to hinder Lewis chances, it will only make the Lewis fan yell "in your face" with even more passion by the end of season :lol:

You know you're in the deep end when you're teammate accuses you of dangerous driving. Lewis should be given a light penalty, Vettel's should be rescinded. Now, time for funny:

A day in the life of Christiano:

My penis cannot sustain a 4 minute erection. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

Williams has a problem with balance. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

My mother is in the hospital. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

I cannot sleep at night. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

My girlfriend dumped me. ITS FIARRARI'S FAULT!

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Did he post his diary?

Did he post his diary?

I can get into his head like Schumi did last year at China to Alonso.