Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Fastest F1 Drivers Of All Time

according to an F1 racing magazine survey that was done last year. Here is the compelete list.

1: Ayrton Senna

2: Michael Schumacher

3: Jim Clark

4: Nigel Mansell

5: Ronnie Peterson

6: Juan Manuel Fangio

7: Mika Hakkinen

8: Fernando Alonso

9: Jackie Stewart

10: Jochen Rindt

11: Gilles Villeneuve

12: Stirling Moss

13: Kimi Raikkonen

14: Alain Prost

15: Nelson Piquet

16: Alberto Ascari

17: Emerson Fittipaldi

18: Niki Lauda

19: Stefan Bellof

20: Keke Rosberg

21: James Hunt

22: Alan Jones

23: Francois Cevert

24: Chris Amon

25: Juan Pablo Montoya

26: Jacky Ickx

27: Mario Andretti

28: Carlos Reutamann

29: Tom Pryce

30: Jody Scheckter

31: Damon Hill

32: Jack Brabham

33: Giuseppe Farina

34: Hans Joachim Stuck

35: Carlos Pace

36: Tony Brooks

37: John Surtees

38: Johnny Cervos Gavin

39: Gerhard Berger

40: Jo Siffert

41: Didier Pironi

42: Jarno Trulli

43: Mark Webber

44: Rene Arnoux

45: Jean Alesi

46: Dan Gurney

47: Ricardo Patrese

48: Jean Pierre Jarier

49: Jenson Button

50: Tony Brise

Mark Webber?!?!?WTF!?!?!?How can a driver with few podium finishes be on that list?Was it an australian magazine?Nothing against Webbo, he's pretty good as a driver but he doesn't deserve to be on the list

Mark Webber?!?!?WTF!?!?!?How can a driver with few podium finishes be on that list?Was it an australian magazine?Nothing against Webbo, he's pretty good as a driver but he doesn't deserve to be on the list

Read the first post and you may know.

And Jenson is a smarter driver than Jean Alesi was (IN MY OPINION), and anyway faster than Webber

It wasn't a survey about podiums or being a smarter driver. It was about pure, sheer speed. Not about being a well-rounded and complete WDC driver. They used things like qualifying vs teammate percentages, not things like number of podiums.

It is good that Gilles is so high up there, he drove like a bat out of hell...

By the way, it has been revealed that the FIA has a DNA sample from each one of these drivers and in 25 years they are going to clone the lot of them and let them have it out in a stock-car series =)

That's the only way we'd ever be able to settle this...

The order here seems a little questionable to me:

14: Alain Prost

15: Nelson Piquet

16: Alberto Ascari

17: Emerson Fittipaldi

18: Niki Lauda

20: Keke Rosberg

21: James Hunt

Prost was never known for his pure speed... maybe that is just because we had to contrast him with Senna in the late 80s, but still it seems like some of those champions had more pure speed than the professor.

Prost was never known for his pure speed... maybe that is just because we had to contrast him with Senna in the late 80s, but still it seems like some of those champions had more pure speed than the professor.

:rolleyes:

Would be interesting if there was some in deep explanation on how did they arrive to such conclusions?

I am not sure saying that Fangio is faster than Mika means anything at all.

Would be interesting if there was some in deep explanation on how did they arrive to such conclusions?

I am not sure saying that Fangio is faster than Mika means anything at all.

They had 8 guys related to F1 (Super Aguri janitor, some Playboy bunny who slept with every driver on the grid, Nigel Stepney, that guy who ran across the track in the 2003 British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton's father, Ayrton Senna's brother's friend's cousin's dog's bone's manufacturing company's owner's mother's brother's uncle, me, and Peter Windsor) get drunk at a cheesy Mexican restaurant and pull names out of a sombrero.

They had 8 guys related to F1 (Super Aguri janitor, some Playboy bunny who slept with every driver on the grid, Nigel Stepney, that guy who ran across the track in the 2003 British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton's father, Ayrton Senna's brother's friend's cousin's dog's bone's manufacturing company's owner's mother's brother's uncle, me, and Peter Windsor) get drunk at a cheesy Mexican restaurant and pull names out of a sombrero.

Ahhhh...it's kosher, then!

Right when I saw that Clark was listed #3 I knew this list was bullsh!t. Any proper list would put him #1. Period.

I disagree. Stefan Bellof and Gilles Villeneuve should be at the top.

and kimi so low??????? if its just done on pure speed i mean wat the hell?????

Yeah, I don't think he needs to be too much higher honestly, but I have the same knowledge of F1 as a piece of dirt does, so what do I know? But I do think on pure speed, he should be higher than Alonso.

And really, the list was based off of qualifying vs teammate...but Kimi's had stiffer competition in teammates (JPM, Massa, etc) as where Fernando has had a clear advantage over Giancarlo Fisichella (before the days of Lewis)...

I disagree. Stefan Bellof and Gilles Villeneuve should be at the top.

I love 'em both. How's about this:

1) Jimmy Clark

2) Gilles Villeneuve

3) Stefan Bellof

Yeah, I don't think he needs to be too much higher honestly, but I have the same knowledge of F1 as a piece of dirt does, so what do I know? But I do think on pure speed, he should be higher than Alonso.

And really, the list was based off of qualifying vs teammate...but Kimi's had stiffer competition in teammates (JPM, Massa, etc) as where Fernando has had a clear advantage over Giancarlo Fisichella (before the days of Lewis)...

Mika right on place, But I would like to see Kimi above Alonso. Atleast a spot above!

Nelson Piquet 15th?

The guy hasent even raced in formula one yet, has he.

My bad.

was Nelson's father really that awesome?