Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Sorry State Of Affairs

The FIA has screwed up so much this year it has totally ruined the show for me this year.

Inconsistant penalities, bizarre rulings and other BS have overshadowed the on track performance. I find I am disliking LH, simply because of the FIA's unfairness in things concerning him.

LH was not within 5 car lengths of the safety car, that is a violation, and he goes unpunished. His whole perfomance behind the safety car was something out of carting. Alonso stays too long in his pit box during qualifying and he gets demoted five places on the grid. They have to dig right down to the grey area to make it a penalty but they did. In the LH case it clearly shows he was in violation of a stated rule, and they choose to ignore it. Not only that but his actions caused real consequences on the track during a race.

Then there is the whole Mclaren penalty thing that totally ruined the WCC this year. A wrong was committed, no doubt about it, but to pin the blame on Mclaren was all about being able to collect 100 million.

I find it hard to believe that this kind of crap can go on indefinately before a major fall out happens.

Just one fans opinion.

Yep. A joke. Gotta laught it off and enjoy whatever little racing they let us have.

It's been like this for a long time, though. Just last year, Schumacher's penalty in Monaco or Alonso's in Monza are but two examples.

FIA has been trying to doctor championships for a long time. Sometimes they even succeed. Not this season, though, please please Hamilton don't cry and never ever ever leave F1. Hilarious.

YHR, I agree with your opinions on the FIA inconsistancy, but as the (not so) Quiet One said, we already have threads which cover these things.

Yeah, well, this thread is special. You know why? I shed my light in this one, but not the others.

FIA is a sad, sad excuse for a sanctioning body. A sanctioning body should be commited to the racing and general welfare of the sport of F1 and the World Championships for Drivers and Constructors. The focus should be on improving on-track action and the quality of competition between drivers and constructors. Also, it should put an emphasis on pleasing the fans as the fans are the only reason the sport will survive.

Now, here's the problem. It became a business. FIA know they can make alot of money now, and right before they think they'll lose, they'll sell and make huge profits. That's the problem. The thinking is short-term, not long-term.

Furthermore, it's time to make up your minds, FIA. They say they want to use road car-relevant technology. Fine. But doesn't that mean you need to open up regulations and bring back innovation to contribute to the road cars? However, I see spec cars in the future 2011 regs. So how will teams improve road cars if they aren't allowed to be creative? I won't argue for either side; both have pros and cons. But I will argue for choosing one of the two. You can't do both.

I see the same aspects in NASCAR, and I honestly see the demise of NASCAR within 15 years. However, I'll get to that some other time.

I'm not old enough to say "In the olden days, Formula 1 was...." but I've been around long enough to notice that things should not be like this. Industrial espionage, multimillion dollar penalties, FIA directing traffic on race day, rule and specification changes making the cars into glorified lawn mowers running on rails... I thought all this was about large cojones, larger engines, larger-than-life personalities with chicks and booze. Now: Thoughts about kids, managers roughing up drivers in the paddock, drivers screaming like little girls cause the other guy touched my car with his car and I messed up, mommy. Figure skating has more socially adjusted athletes than this. Drivers now have personalities of ballerinas, 3rd graders, annoying overachievers, shy virgins or businessmen with much to lose.

I'll still be up at all hours watching year in year out (so suggestions to "just don't watch it then" are just overdone). But somebody high up has to put a stop to this climate of complaints and penalties.

Speed channel commentators said it right during Fri morning Prac 2: bring in ex-drivers as race refs, same ones form race to race. Lets get some continuity here, some semblance of order.

Yeah, well, this thread is special. You know why? I shed my light in this one, but not the others.

FIA is a sad, sad excuse for a sanctioning body. A sanctioning body should be commited to the racing and general welfare of the sport of F1 and the World Championships for Drivers and Constructors. The focus should be on improving on-track action and the quality of competition between drivers and constructors. Also, it should put an emphasis on pleasing the fans as the fans are the only reason the sport will survive.

Now, here's the problem. It became a business. FIA know they can make alot of money now, and right before they think they'll lose, they'll sell and make huge profits. That's the problem. The thinking is short-term, not long-term.

Furthermore, it's time to make up your minds, FIA. They say they want to use road car-relevant technology. Fine. But doesn't that mean you need to open up regulations and bring back innovation to contribute to the road cars? However, I see spec cars in the future 2011 regs. So how will teams improve road cars if they aren't allowed to be creative? I won't argue for either side; both have pros and cons. But I will argue for choosing one of the two. You can't do both.

I see the same aspects in NASCAR, and I honestly see the demise of NASCAR within 15 years. However, I'll get to that some other time.

OK, now it's special, before it was fine. I agree with the rest of course.

The FIA has screwed up so much this year it has totally ruined the show for me this year.

Inconsistant penalities, bizarre rulings and other BS have overshadowed the on track performance. I find I am disliking LH, simply because of the FIA's unfairness in things concerning him.

LH was not within 5 car lengths of the safety car, that is a violation, and he goes unpunished. His whole perfomance behind the safety car was something out of carting. Alonso stays too long in his pit box during qualifying and he gets demoted five places on the grid. They have to dig right down to the grey area to make it a penalty but they did. In the LH case it clearly shows he was in violation of a stated rule, and they choose to ignore it. Not only that but his actions caused real consequences on the track during a race.

Then there is the whole Mclaren penalty thing that totally ruined the WCC this year. A wrong was committed, no doubt about it, but to pin the blame on Mclaren was all about being able to collect 100 million.

I find it hard to believe that this kind of crap can go on indefinately before a major fall out happens.

Just one fans opinion.

And what precise rule did Lewis 'violate' oh wise one

<_<

Once a series attracts large-money sponsors, their interests become the determining factor in the stewards/governing body's decisions. NASCAR and F1 are like that. GP2, Busch, ChampCar, DTM, etc. are not, and those 'lesser' series still have some semblance of sanity in the stewards' descisions.

Yeah I agree. It's like that in many sports really. In football (soccer) there's long been a suspicion that the superstar teams are favoured by referees, for example.

And what precise rule did Lewis 'violate' oh wise one

<_<

oh, just LET IT GO!

All of the drivers disagree with you, Bernie Ecclestone who just called Hamilton "the saviour of F1 " agrees that hamilton has to win no matter how to save F1. Case closed.

:bangin:

oh, just LET IT GO!

All of the drivers disagree with you, Bernie Ecclestone who just called Hamilton "the saviour of F1 " agrees that hamilton has to win no matter how to save F1. Case closed.

Tell me where Bernie said that. And if you cannot cite a source then please reply to this post agreeing that everything you ever say is wrong.

I am slightly inebriated at the moment, but posts like this really irritate me. The idea that we should agree with every one of your hideously skewed posts is both arrogant and insulting.

http://f1-racing.com/view-article.php?newsid=230976 Bernie says, he thinks Lewis is the only option for champion this year and his only fear is that Lewis would not win it.

http://f1-racing.com/view-article.php?newsid=231000 Opinions on the verdict.

Oh, and I read also that the drivers meeting was rather unpleasant for Lewis, as others apparently thought he did deserve the penalty. http://f1-racing.com/view-article.php?newsid=231029

In Finland the general athmosphere seems to be that FIA is creating their champion here, their golden boy Lewis. I think it is better not to comment on this any further not to get into a fight with Hamilton fans...

oh, just LET IT GO!

Indeed, case closed! All Lewis has to do is win the WDC and little men like you will continue bitching in the corner about how Kubi is the best blah blah blah

When the history books are written it is only the result and the points tally that are recorded - everything else is semantics and irrelevant.

<_<

>

^ Eric and Autumn, while I agree with you guys I also disagree.

NASCAR has put the Chase format in and then modified it as a populist movement to please as many as possible. And above all it killed the stock car and replaced it with the stock car, not to mentioned it eliminated dirt tracks, almost eliminated road courses and the dusty back roads (similar/like those found in the european rallycross) are nowhere to be found, all for the new superspeedway "IT" fan and also teams interests.

F1 banned the active ride cars due to pressure from the fans (who saw driving aids). And with the loss of active suspensions both mechanical grip and ground-effects (clean) downforce was reduced and overtaking took a path downwards from witch it never recovered.

Fan pressure can also be a very bad thing.

IMO an enlighted dictatorship is needed.

As for the spyscandals, they're quite normal.

When the history books are written it is only the result and the points tally that are recorded - everything else is semantics and irrelevant.

<_<

Well, it seems that the whole world but Great Britain is putting under doubt this triumph, i don't remember something like that... This is not just Fernando whining, eveyone's whining, maybe there's a reason :naughty:

Well, it seems that the whole world but Great Britain is putting under doubt this triumph, i don't remember something like that... This is not just Fernando whining, eveyone's whining, maybe there's a reason :naughty:

And didn

>

^ Eric and Autumn, while I agree with you guys I also disagree.

NASCAR has put the Chase format in and then modified it as a populist movement to please as many as possible. And above all it killed the stock car and replaced it with the stock car, not to mentioned it eliminated dirt tracks, almost eliminated road courses and the dusty back roads (similar/like those found in the european rallycross) are nowhere to be found, all for the new superspeedway "IT" fan and also teams interests.

F1 banned the active ride cars due to pressure from the fans (who saw driving aids). And with the loss of active suspensions both mechanical grip and ground-effects (clean) downforce was reduced and overtaking took a path downwards from witch it never recovered.

Fan pressure can also be a very bad thing.

IMO an enlighted dictatorship is needed.

As for the spyscandals, they're quite normal.

We agree?!?! MIRACLE! THERE IS A GOD! :P

And yes, I agree, NASCAR's funky stuff was caused differently...but still...does the hardcore fanbase of F1, the ones who have actually watched the so-called "golden ages" live...do they feel alienated by F1? I didnt' see the dirt track era (though I wish I had) or the real stock car era, BUT, I saw the 80s and 90s and it was super enjoyable...great racing, fan-friendly, good commentators, etc, but now I feel alienated by NASCAR as they cater to business and focus on that, and not on the fan's enjoyment and the racing. Sure, call me a whiny baby, but...when the fans leave, the sponsors leave, too. And when the sponsors leave, the sport dies. With NASCAR, they have all these new casual fans, but that's all they are. In five years they'll go find some new phenomenon, and then what happens to NASCAR?

I'm not old enough to say "In the olden days, Formula 1 was...." but I've been around long enough to notice that things should not be like this. Industrial espionage, multimillion dollar penalties, FIA directing traffic on race day, rule and specification changes making the cars into glorified lawn mowers running on rails... I thought all this was about large cojones, larger engines, larger-than-life personalities with chicks and booze. Now: Thoughts about kids, managers roughing up drivers in the paddock, drivers screaming like little girls cause the other guy touched my car with his car and I messed up, mommy. Figure skating has more socially adjusted athletes than this. Drivers now have personalities of ballerinas, 3rd graders, annoying overachievers, shy virgins or businessmen with much to lose.

I'll still be up at all hours watching year in year out (so suggestions to "just don't watch it then" are just overdone). But somebody high up has to put a stop to this climate of complaints and penalties.

Speed channel commentators said it right during Fri morning Prac 2: bring in ex-drivers as race refs, same ones form race to race. Lets get some continuity here, some semblance of order.

:huh::eusa_think: Aaaaah, what's that supposed that to mean? :unsure:

Bugger :frusty: ! I mean "What's that supposed to mean?"

You can use the edit button to change your post, so no one will ever know your mistake...

Because they're all a bunch of whining pussies who have lost any grasp of the real world ?

I guess he has some sort of inside knowledge of ballerina personalities and so sees the resemblance to F1 drivers :lol:

Because they're all a bunch of whining pussies who have lost any grasp of the real world ?

Yeah, probably... :whistling: