Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DriftingGuy

Spockears Threatens To Quit F1

He's a very intelligent guy in my opinion. He may not have a phd...but seriously Kimi rocks. He never talked Sh#t about his former team even during the spy story (despite Haug saying he was not an hard worker at the beginning of the season), he never says something wrong about other drivers, he just want to win on track and that's all. He is not a showman that's for sure, but I admire him.

Thats why he is my other favourite driver, but stopped being his faithful follower because he is driving that FERRARI! :D

He never talked Sh#t about his former team even during the spy story (despite Haug saying he was not an hard worker at the beginning of the season)

Apart from a statement in which he revealed that Mclaren Listened in on Ferrari radio while he was there.

Apart from a statement in which he revealed that Mclaren Listened in on Ferrari radio while he was there.

I don't think that was a jab. Rather a statement of fact that just about all teams were listening to each others radios. Old news and it was well known at the time.

Kimi is a legend. End of. If you don't love Kimi the robot's approach to F1, seek help!

What exactly has he achieved to attain legendary status

:eusa_think:

Fed Up, you misunderstand what I mean, by legend I mean someone who is cool/funny - please don't tell me you think Kimi isn't cool or funny.

Fed Up, you misunderstand what I mean, by legend I mean someone who is cool/funny - please don't tell me you think Kimi isn't cool or funny.

Afraid not my friend - I see F1 as a sport not a movie set

Anyone who can say on a live television broadcast around the world that he would rather go take a Sh#t than watch some Schumi / Pele thing or whatever is was is a legend.

The Ring 2005. Legend. Not only did he not moan or bitch about it, he readily admitted flatspotting his tyres. He didnt' even say anything against JV, rather he actually gave him a compliment saying he was a very hard driver to pass. Legend.

Japan 2005. Legend. Fisi, not so.

Lewis crying he'll quit F1 cause it's not fair. Hardly a legend.

Anyone who can say on a live television broadcast around the world that he would rather go take a Sh#t than watch some Schumi / Pele thing or whatever is was is a legend.

The Ring 2005. Legend. Not only did he not moan or bitch about it, he readily admitted flatspotting his tyres. He didnt' even say anything against JV, rather he actually gave him a compliment saying he was a very hard driver to pass. Legend.

Japan 2005. Legend. Fisi, not so.

Lewis crying he'll quit F1 cause it's not fair. Hardly a legend.

Fair enough - I just don't judge F1 drivers in the same way that you do.

I cant really remember the ring 2005 - is that the one where he continued racing on a tyre that was vibrating and should really have pitted to change tyres, thereby bagging some points as opposed to none. If that was the race I would have respected him more had he pitted and looked at the bigger picture.

I guess I'm an F1 fan that is more interested in the result than the spectacle.

Kimi is a legend. End of. If you don't love Kimi the robot's approach to F1, seek help!

I believe he got from last to 3rd in Fuji using a 'dry setup', that's our Kimi :thbup:

Just in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

FIA responds to Hamilton's threats

Stewards have been quick to respond to Hamilton's threats by offering him a gift certificate vaild for ten places in the grid.

"The other drivers are meanies to him", officials explain, "something had to be done for the sake of the sport. We considered giving them all a five position penalty in the grid but we don't want to be acussed of favoritism (as if) so we are instead promoting Hamilton. Fair is fair."

Workers at the Shangai circuit could be seen painting the new grid position over night. When asked why it is placed 0.8 kilometers ahead of the others, officials explained that, "Naturally, we have used RD' famed Book of Equality to compute the ten places. It was given to him by gremlins so its origin cannot be put into question by Ferrari."

Race director Charles Whiting had this to say, "The assumption has always been that fans are imbeciles and, of course, time has proven us right."

Meanwhile, Ecclestone is studing how all this affects future championships, "Yes, yes, all those GP's where Hamilton did not do too well this season will be dropped from the calendar. Have no doubt."

Hamilton did not want to comment since, as he put it, "I have not yet been told what to say. It makes sense that I go off on Alonso, as RD always says, but I don't know if I should appear like vulnerable victim or, you know, tough. Aaaaaanywho, any one wants a liquorice?"

I cant really remember the ring 2005 - is that the one where he continued racing on a tyre that was vibrating and should really have pitted to change tyres, thereby bagging some points as opposed to none. If that was the race I would have respected him more had he pitted and looked at the bigger picture.

So you can't seperate them at all, I mean just because I think Kimi has a better personality than Nando doesn't mean I think he's a better driver. There is the driver, then there is the man. I don't like Schumacher's driving, but I respect him as a person - what with his charity work and other things.

Yes that was the race. Back then if you remember, there were no tyre changes. So had Kimi pitted, he would have been penalized anyway. After that race, they clarified the rules to allow tyre changes in the extent of it being dangerous. Kimi lost out to the rules. It was all or nothing and half a lap more he would have it. How amazing would it have been had his car exploded on the start/finish line and he skids over the line backwards for the victory!

I believe he got from last to 3rd in Fuji using a 'dry setup', that's our Kimi :thbup:

But the real legends, Michael, Prost, Senna, Mika, Piquet would not have been on a dry set up in the first place nor would they have started the race on intermediates when the rest of the grid were on extreme wets - Kimi just gets in the car and drives fast - he doesn't take responsibility fr anything else including strategy or testing.

He doesn't take F1 seriously enough for me, but I can see why his not give a damn attitude endears him to some.

Yes that was the race. Back then if you remember, there were no tyre changes. So had Kimi pitted, he would have been penalized anyway. After that race, they clarified the rules to allow tyre changes in the extent of it being dangerous. Kimi lost out to the rules. It was all or nothing and half a lap more he would have it. How amazing would it have been had his car exploded on the start/finish line and he skids over the line backwards for the victory!

If Lewis can get his car craned out of the gravel trap I'm sure mclaren could have argued that his tyre was dangerous and changed it - the rules did allow for that, but Kimi chose to risk it.

What exactly has he achieved to attain legendary status

:eusa_think:

Successfuly avoiding any chance he had of delivering according to expectations, perhaps?

(Feels uncomfortable to be siding with you...like one of those comics where the superhero and the villain worked together...I call the Lex Luthor role! I have the physique du rol)

Agreed.

Name me one driver on the grid who hasn't whined and I'll wear a purple Speedo to work on Monday.

Sato...............can you take pictures. :D

But the real legends, Michael, Prost, Senna, Mika, Piquet would not have been on a dry set up in the first place nor would they have started the race on intermediates when the rest of the grid were on extreme wets - Kimi just gets in the car and drives fast - he doesn't take responsibility fr anything else including strategy or testing.

He doesn't take F1 seriously enough for me, but I can see why his not give a damn attitude endears him to some.

I've never bought that line. I think that's an urban myth thing that never died down. Like the one about how JV was difficult to work with. Yet we heard references from the BAR, Renault and Sauber mechanics on how excellent his feedback was, how good he actually was to work with. Even his co-driver said this to some degree.

So this whole Kimi is too lazy stuff, is hard for me to believe.

Anyone remember an Australia tennis player called Patrick Rafter? One of the best Wimbeldon finals ever that I saw was him versus Goran. Anyway, he once said that he had to work ten timers harder and train that much harder than others to be at the same level. It didn't mean that Agassi and the others were lazy since they didn't train as much. It just meant his natural base ability was less than the other players, so he had to train more to make up the difference.

Take Coulthard for example. He pounded out tracks in testing. More than Kimi did. Yet Kimi cleaned him up when it came time to racing.

Back to point. Whether Kimi did more setup and laps or not isn't the question here. It's whether it would have made a difference. In relation to his years at McLaren, hell no. The car was horrid for years. So much so that in one year they drove the previous years car for the whole season, and he still had a decent shot at the title.

Since there are limits on testing these days, how actually can he lazy if he's doing all the testing days, and setups etc. Is there more here? like simulators. Where exactly does this being lazy thing actually join reality?

Just in.

FIA responds to Hamilton's threats

Stewards have been quick to respond to Hamilton's threats by offering him a gift certificate vaild for ten places in the grid.

"The other drivers are meanies to him", officials explain, "something had to be done for the sake of the sport. We considered giving them all a five position penalty in the grid but we don't want to be acussed of favoritism (as if) so we are instead promoting Hamilton. Fair is fair."

Workers at the Shangai circuit could be seen painting the new grid position over night. When asked why it is placed 0.8 kilometers ahead of the others, officials explained that, "Naturally, we have used RD' famed Book of Equality to compute the ten places. It was given to him by gremlins so its origin cannot be put into question by Ferrari."

Race director Charles Whiting had this to say, "The assumption has always been that fans are imbeciles and, of course, time has proven us right."

Meanwhile, Ecclestone is studing how all this affects future championships, "Yes, yes, all those GP's where Hamilton did not do too well this season will be dropped from the calendar. Have no doubt."

Hamilton did not want to comment since, as he put it, "I have not yet been told what to say. It makes sense that I go off on Alonso, as RD always says, but I don't know if I should appear like vulnerable victim or, you know, tough. Aaaaaanywho, any one wants a liquorice?"

:clap3: GOLD :clap3:

You have a point, but a couple of things stand out to me;

1. The Mclaren is significantly faster & reliable now that he has moved on

2. The Ferrari development has lacked direction since MS/Brawn left

3. Kimi has made too many errors.

Perhaps he is simply not good enough to be a WDC. One thing i've noticed about Kimi is that he has never had to endure pressure like Michael, Nando or Lewis. It is like he is always the underdog, the guy that has to hang it all out just to catch up with those ahead in the standings.

For Kimi to win a WDC he will have to emulate Michael and I just don't think he has it in him.

Successfuly avoiding any chance he had of delivering according to expectations, perhaps?

(Feels uncomfortable to be siding with you...like one of those comics where the superhero and the villain worked together...I call the Lex Luthor role! I have the physique du rol)

he met my expectations, but then again so does george bush, michael jackson, sakon yamamoto. maybe my expectations are too low?

he met my expectations, but then again so does george bush, michael jackson, sakon yamamoto. maybe my expectations are too low?

Don't tell that to Mrs.Drib

Sato...............can you take pictures. :D

Uhm...uhm...uhm...ermmm...err...uhh...welll...

OH I KNOW! I NEVER SAID I WOULDN'T WEAR ANYTHING ELSE. HA!