Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

A Bit Of Balance

Some quotes by team principles on the demon called Lewis Hamilton:

Q: (L'Equipe) Did you ever imagine that a rookie could be fighting for the world championship in the way that Lewis is?

Williams: Not to the level of competitiveness that Hamilton is doing. He is very special. Once every ten years they come along, like Ayrton and Michael. It is a very rare event and a fantastic event, and a story for Formula One.

Theissen: I am surprised too at how strong he is. I expected him to be able to win races in a strong car but to dominate the season in the way he did is quite exceptional. Although it is his first year in F1, I don't really see him as a rookie. In my view he is the best prepared driver who ever entered F1.

Todt: Normally a very talented driver in their first year in F1 doesn't drive for a winning team with a winning car. That was the opportunity he had and he used it very well. We can only have respect and admiration for what he has achieved this year.

Dennis: That's the way sport is. He has broken more records than any other young driver and I think the records speak for themselves. We can all eulogise about his achievements but I think actions speak louder than words. He is just an exceptional talent and I am sure he will set many more records in the future. I hope they will all be in McLaren Mercedes

I am surprised by Jean Todt's answer to this. While I expected him to chalk Lewis' talent up to his car, I didn't expect the 'very talented driver' comment. High-praise from a cutthroat b@stard that thinks all non-Ferrari drivers are a sub-species....

Good comments, and is this the first non lewis bashing thread?

I suppose nobody wants to bad mouth the kid when in the future he may be looking to swap teams, and he is rather good anyway.

Well,Lewis did goor alrigh' but today many things depends bout the car.. He did amazing job,better then everyone expected but I must say that Sutil,Rosberg or Kovalainen would probably do good too,maybee good as Hamilton too... :blush:

Well,Lewis did goor alrigh' but today many things depends bout the car.. He did amazing job,better then everyone expected but I must say that Sutil,Rosberg or Kovalainen would probably do good too,maybee good as Hamilton too... :blush:

Hamilton beat Sutil in the same equipment, Frank Williams gives Hamilton higher praise than Nico and Nico's his driver, and Kovalainen...well, it's too early to tell.

Good comments, and is this the first non lewis bashing thread?

I suppose nobody wants to bad mouth the kid when in the future he may be looking to swap teams, and he is rather good anyway.

There can't be such a thread.....

Lewis Sucks.. Mclaren cheat to compete.... :P

Yeah and the crane thing and then Hammy's dad and he complained and the FIA we all hate the FIA and Jerez why did Schumi did that I mean La Rascasse and Alonso why can't he stop whining for just one frigging minute and Todt and Dennis and Briatore with a garter belt!

The guy that sold me these cigarettes swore they were Gitanes... :eusa_think:

:thbdn::lol:

Yes, I do realize laughing with a thumbs down makes no sense.