Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

The Most Bizarre Day In Nascar

Qualifying Results

Michael Waltrip on pole?!? All-Toyota top 3? Nemechek in fourth?! Villeneuve and Andretti P6 and P7? Allmendinger?!?! Said?!?!!? 7 of the top 10 Toyota?!?! What the hell?!?!?!

Weird. Weird weird weird.

Indeed they are.

I would never buy any American car out there. They all suck.

I have a Volkswagen Golf GTI and am looking at the Nissan Altimata Coupe.

Get German cars... They are pretty good but a tad bit expensive... -_-

I'm not surprised. I expected them to do well eventually...

BUT...

The entire top 7 have failed to qualify for sooo many events, and Toyota has struggled enormously this year.

I think in the first 12-ish races, Michael Waltrip had only made 1, and had -25 points. The fact he won the pole is huge improvement.

With Joe Gibbs Racing next year, Toyota will assert itself as a force in You Have No Service Cup.

I've lost count of how many times I've said it ... When Honda or Toyota gets involved in a series, bad things happen.

Keep in mind, Toyota has never had a carburetted, pushrod V8 in production... But when you put 'Yota's budget behind the concept of building the best-ever, 100% new-design, obsolete engine ... to be surprised that they're strong to dominant is disingenuous at best; more likely, it's just idiotic.

I have no idea why Nascar are still using Carburetors instead of Fuel Injection. Carburetors havent been widely used since the 1980's.

Because, ykick. It's tradition. It's big bad stock cars. It's how we roll.

What kind of Horse Power does a Nascar generate?

The V8 Supercars use either a 5.0 L Ford "Windsor" SVO or Chevrolet Aurora race engine. Both engines produce around 650 BHP and both engines use Electronic Fuel Injection. Why doesnt Nascar use these engines?

What kind of Horse Power does a Nascar generate?

The V8 Supercars use either a 5.0 L Ford "Windsor" SVO or Chevrolet Aurora race engine. Both engines produce around 650 BHP and both engines use Electronic Fuel Injection. Why doesnt Nascar use these engines?

NASCAR uses 5.7L V8's that generate 800+hp

So. That's just how we roll.

The only thing that annoys me about the V8 Supercars is the 7500 RPM rev limiter as in my opinion it slows the cars down too much. With the rev limiter the fastest a V8 Supercar can go is 301 kph but without the rev limiter they could theoretically go 330 kph.

On somewhat related thread..To all the NASCAR drivers dumping on JV's entrance upon the scene...beware the Speedcar series. There's any number of talented Ex-F1 guys that are going to see how fun it is to beat and bang on another car and the ridiculous amount of cash t be had in NASCAR for doing just that. I would love to see Eddie Irvine in NASCAR...

JV did ok I read. As a sign of respect for the drivers who couldn't stop bitching about him, he voluntarily moved to the back of the field at the beginning of the race. Can't wait to see how he progresses over the years.

I have no idea why Nascar are still using Carburetors instead of Fuel Injection. Carburetors havent been widely used since the 1980's.

One of my cars has a carb, and I love it. I can fix it with a screwdriver. I can tune it just by listening. Hussah for carbs.

One of my cars has a carb, and I love it. I can fix it with a screwdriver. I can tune it just by listening. Hussah for carbs.

My car has a Carburetor aswell but then my car was made in 1983 by Mazda. Not exactly state of the art technology.

The only thing that annoys me about the V8 Supercars is the 7500 RPM rev limiter as in my opinion it slows the cars down too much. With the rev limiter the fastest a V8 Supercar can go is 301 kph but without the rev limiter they could theoretically go 330 kph.

At Talladega and Daytona, NASCAR uses a restrictor plate, limiting the cars to around 200-210 mph range. Without the plate, they would go 240 mph on those tracks.

But the racing's fun there and the cars are still fast...would be quite dangerous without RPs.

JV did ok I read. As a sign of respect for the drivers who couldn't stop bitching about him, he voluntarily moved to the back of the field at the beginning of the race. Can't wait to see how he progresses over the years.

Yeah, I didn't watch, but I saw the highlights.

I don't think he's doing too well in Trucks right now. Both races he qualified well driving for the best team, and both he fell backwards, and made a dumb error and wrecked at 'Dega...

My car has a Carburetor aswell but then my car was made in 1983 by Mazda. Not exactly state of the art technology.

I never understood the whole "motorsport needs state of the art technology"...

Personally, I don't think NASCAR needs it. It takes the good ol' boys spirit out of it...although that spirit is already gone. But there's just something fun about stock cars, and with F1 tech, they wouldn't be fun anymore.

It makes the two series unique, and that makes it more fun. There'd be no point for all these series if they were all the same.

Believe me, compared to mine your little Mazda is up there with the Stealth bomber.

Believe me, compared to mine your little Mazda is up there with the Stealth bomber.

Oh i wouldnt be so sure of that. It has a very respectable 0-100kph time of about 25 seconds and 100 is about its top speed aswell. The 1.3 Letre engine has done a total of about 370,000 km (or 230,000 miles) and sounds like its trying to go up Mt Everest every time you reach a slight hill :D

A little random, but:

To this day, I still maintain my belief that the best sound in all of motorsport is 43 stock cars coming out of turn 3 at Pocono to complete lap 1.

No no no no no no no. It's a herd of D types, GTOs and DB4s going through Vale on a damp track.