Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

China Gp - Race Day

Not today.

Look at where Liuzzi is too, it's clear the car was performing well.

Button was dealing with a load of oversteer and Rubens clearly was struggling.

Rubens lost a lot, i think, with the crash with Daqvidson.. and probably something got damaged

Chinese Grand Prix Results - 7 October 2007 - 56 Laps

POS DRIVER NATIONALITY ENTRANT LAPS TIME/RETIRE

1. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari 56 1h37m58.395

2. Fernando Alonso Spain McLaren-Mercedes 56 9.8

3. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari 56 12.8

4. Sebastian Vettel Germany Toro Rosso-Ferrari 56 53.5

5. Jenson Button Britain Honda 56 1m08.6

6. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Ferrari 56 1m13.6

7. Nick Heidfeld Germany BMW Sauber 56 1m14.2

8. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Renault 56 1m20.7

9. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Renault 56 1m21.1

10. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 56 1m24.6

11. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault 56 1m26.6

12. Alexander Wurz Austria Williams-Toyota 55 1 Lap

13. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota 55 1 Lap

14. Takuma Sato Japan Super Aguri-Honda 55 1 Lap

15. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda 55 1 Lap

16. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Toyota 54 2 Laps

17. Sakon Yamamoto Japan Spyker-Ferrari 53 3 Laps

R Robert Kubica Poland BMW Sauber 33

R Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 30 Spin

R Ralf Schumacher Germany Toyota 25 Spin

R Adrian Sutil Germany Spyker-Ferrari 24 Accident

R Anthony Davidson Britain Super Aguri-Honda 11

FASTEST LAP:

Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari 56 1:37.454

Rubens lost a lot, i think, with the crash with Daqvidson.. and probably something got damaged

Button wasn't far in front then though as he was going backwards too.

Look at the last race; Liuzzi beat Rubens and the race before it. Toro Rosso have been the faster of the two teams recently.

Nuh, Button fans will vote for Button... Kimi fans will vote for Kimi, Alonso will probably get some votes from his fans and then there is Andres who votes for Liuzzi.

hehe

Over to Brazil. We're in for a testicle-squeezing race.

The reality for Brazil...

If Kimi was to win the race then to win the title he needs Hamilton in 6th, 7th or 8th.

If Alonso was to win the race then he needs Hamilton to finish 3rd or lower to win the title.

The reality for Brazil...

If Kimi was to win the race then to win the title he needs Hamilton in 6th, 7th or 8th.

If Alonso was to win the race then he needs Hamilton to finish 3rd or lower to win the title.

Anly that after today's race, it is al possible given how usless they are at McLaren. What on eart were they doing leaving Hamilton out there at some point loosing as much as 7 seconds a lap? They should have brought in Hamilton 3 laps earlier and the would be celebrating a WDC by now... they didnt need to beat Kimi. Well, poetic justice after all. Dennis, Bernei and Co. do not diserve any better....

Anly that after today's race, it is al possible given how usless they are at McLaren. What on eart were they doing leaving Hamilton out there at some point loosing as much as 7 seconds a lap? They should have brought in Hamilton 3 laps earlier and the would be celebrating a WDC by now... they didnt need to beat Kimi. Well, poetic justice after all. Dennis, Bernei and Co. do not diserve any better....

They wouldn't be celebrating a WDC necessarily. Hamilton would have had to make an extra stop afterwards for fuel losing quite a bit of time.

Either way Hamilton's not blameless it was his mistake at the end of the day that put him out - which I believe he admitted to - good on him!

haha. It was awesome to see the golden boy all beached up :)

Now all we need is for Alonso and Hammy to take out each other in the first corner and justice will be served.

Seriously though, Hamilton's tire failure was his own fault. He kept pushing harder than others and went in with too much speed into the pit lane ... knowing well that his right rear was about to disintegrate.

Luckily he wasn't assisted back onto the track....again. :rolleyes:

makes you wonder...Kimi would have wrapped this up already without the detergent in his fuel tank. :eusa_think:

He's not getting mine. Toro Rosso was a strong car today. I think Button out performed his car more.

He gets my vote today- especially after going backwards in the earlier part of the race

They wouldn't be celebrating a WDC necessarily. Hamilton would have had to make an extra stop afterwards for fuel losing quite a bit of time.

Either way Hamilton's not blameless it was his mistake at the end of the day that put him out - which I believe he admitted to - good on him!

That is not correct. Alonso stop on lap 32 compared to lap 30 for Hamilton. After lat 25 he was loosing a lot of time per lap. I think it was lap 28 when he lost 7 seconds. Had they bought him in then, he could have been fueled to the end and he could have probably secure n.2 finish. Remember Vettel on pitted once I believe.

I think McLarens mistake is that they were ONLY focused on beating Aloso. When Hamilton lost time they were in doubt because he could have lost the spot to Alonso. I think they deserve loosing the WDC to Ferrari for their inability to manage the team.

That is not correct. Alonso stop on lap 32 compared to lap 30 for Hamilton. After lat 25 he was loosing a lot of time per lap. I think it was lap 28 when he lost 7 seconds. Had they bought him in then, he could have been fueled to the end and he could have probably secure n.2 finish. Remember Vettel on pitted once I believe.

I think McLarens mistake is that they were ONLY focused on beating Aloso. When Hamilton lost time they were in doubt because he could have lost the spot to Alonso. I think they deserve loosing the WDC to Ferrari for their inability to manage the team.

Seems our top 2 teams this year are bad at managing because both have had this kind of stupid and frustrating mistakes troughout the year. But I agree with you of course, Ferrari to win the WDC, lol.

What a race. These wet races are fantastic. And well done kimi. Lovely lovely stuff iceman. Awesome drive. Finally we get to see a lewis hamilton retirement. I was wondering when it was coming and ultimately it happened. So now its perfectly poised for a season finale in Brazil. I only wished if massa finished ahead of alonso so kimi could have been in a better position.

So Kimi 1st Alonso 3rd and Hamilton 6th...

And then Kimi wins the WDC....

Yep thats right. Kimi for WDC.

Analysing the points i found that kimi and massa have had two retirements each. Alonso and hamilton have one each. So i expect another retirement for the mclaren camp to make it even steven. And who knows, if alonso finds he's not in a position to beat hami, he will probably take both of them out so kimi can win. He will not want to lose that title to a rookie in the same car as it'll be a disgrace. So ultimatley Kimi can be victorius.

LET THE ICEMAN PREVAIL :clap3:

Forza Ferrari Gratcia Ferrari :clap3:

Haha, so we wish... but I don't think it's likely they retire, and we should hope more for Alonso takin Hamilton out, lol

Damn Ferrari's reliability problems!

Yep thats right. Kimi for WDC.

Analysing the points i found that kimi and massa have had two retirements each. Alonso and hamilton have one each. So i expect another retirement for the mclaren camp to make it even steven. And who knows, if alonso finds he's not in a position to beat hami, he will probably take both of them out so kimi can win. He will not want to lose that title to a rookie in the same car as it'll be a disgrace. So ultimatley Kimi can be victorius.

LET THE ICEMAN PREVAIL :clap3:

Forza Ferrari Gratcia Ferrari :clap3:

i will second that... maybe another wet race to spice things up again???

This is where I think they made the mistake - My thinking is that they were trying to get a pitstop's gap to Nando and ultimately made the wrong call. That said, it was Lewis' fault for beaching the car on entry to the pits so ultimately he is to blame.

I'm not happy at this outcome as it will only mean that the pressure to perform at Interlagos will be amplified - Lewis is still favourite IMHO as his pace was significantly faster than Nando's today and Kimi needs both to retire and a win to be crowned WDC.

The two week break will do Lewis good as it did before Fuji

I'm sorry but I didn't watch the rest of the race once Lewis had been eliminated. By all accounts Kubi appears to have been unlucky and perhaps the boy Vettel is as good as Mario claims.

Only watched the last 19 laps of coverage! Vettel 4th, Hamilton retired with heavy worn tyres & Button 5th!!!!! If only Sao Paulo was in Korea right now instead of waiting 2 weeks cos it's on!!!!!!!!!!

I think McLarens mistake is that they were ONLY focused on beating Aloso.

Doesn't take a sharp man to see this yet there are not that many around.

Well, that's the kind of "equality" RD trumpets so much.

When Hamilton lost time they were in doubt because he could have lost the spot to Alonso. I think they deserve loosing the WDC to Ferrari for their inability to manage the team.

Yep, yep, yep.

It is a fact that RD has dragged McLaren into a bottomless pit of sht... and he ain't stopping either. After Hamilton's retirement, he wasted but second before dumping more insults and lies about Alonso to the lewisteric press.

The question is no longer whether they are sabotaging Alonso. The question is simply HOW they are going to do the next race. The frigging fools may end up delivering the championship to us.

Kimi does the job once again, brilliant, brilliant drive!!

He did it on merit as well, because he had overtaken and pulled away from Hamilton even before Hamilton crashed.

Shame Massa couldn't complete a ferrari 1-2, now that would've been special on ferraris 200th win.

So glad the championship goes onto the last round. I'm doubtful Kimi can actully win the WDC with how the track is, but after today, anything can happen. You never know, Hammy might even crack under the pressure.

In retrospect, that was an awesome lap from Kimster. Four laps more fuel and only a tenth-of-a-second down for pole. Excellent :clap3:

KIMI FOR WDC

It will happen!

Alonso, please give me just an iota of the luck you have. Please. I beg you.

:lol: If only...

hahahahahaha,

Oh my

Isn

Great race today.. :clap3: Kimi,great job,great manevar on Hamilton,nice calibration as always.. :clap3: Hamilton,rooki mistake,brake under pressure and made this noob mistake. .Solid job by Alonso and Massa,nice fight tho,great mavevar by Alonso.. :clap3: Vettel,great job,I'm very glad.. Good job for Button too,he finnaly got his chance.. Suprised by Liuzzi,nice hold.. :blink: Sorry for Kubica and Ralf,they just cant get a good break.. Williams and Renault bad result but great manevar by Renault on Rosberg.. Great race,spiced the things up.. :clap3:

Yes, out of the Renaults Fisichella made some good moves... I'm still surprised Heikki ended up ahead of him with all the problems he had :blink: