Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

2007 Fia World Touring Car Championship

It may look rather slow comparing with f1. Especially on tv, but believe me those cars are all but slow.

They're not as powerful and tricky to drive like touring cars from late 80's when Sierra RS Cosworth and bmw m3 were running the show but still enough to make a passanger wet his pants :)

At Brands in the BTCC race I saw Giovannardi (correct spelling?) go onto the grass at high speed and then get back on the track, I think he was very sideways at one point - I don't know whether it was more car control or luck, but it was very impressive.

Found it on youtube, looks like it's one n. Giovanardi

At Brands in the BTCC race I saw Giovannardi (correct spelling?) go onto the grass at high speed and then get back on the track, I think he was very sideways at one point - I don't know whether it was more car control or luck, but it was very impressive.

Looks like luck to me...

Don't be so sure, there must of been an element of skill.

Some element of skill for sure but i would think of it as .9 - luck and .1 skill

Strangely enough, I watched that race while on hols in England! It was a cool race especially as it was wet & with many crashes involved!