Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sixten

The Coldest Podium? The Hottest Last Race In Years?

Is it just me or was that one of the coldest podium I ever saw?

I mean, nobody smiled*, they barely touched each other, they wouldn't look each other in the eyes even when they shake hands. And that goes for all three of them. Body language tells a lot. At the final photographs Kimi and Fernando were at least 15 cm apart.

However, the next race will be one of the hottest races ever! Three contenders for the title in the final race! When was the last time we witnessed something like this? Whoever owns race tickets for Brazil and decides to watch the race on his home TV, could make a little fortune selling his/her tickets now!

As for the Brazilian result, I expect Hamilton to let Massa win in his home race, while himself taking the 2nd place and the WDC.

*Alonso did smile. He always do so to somebody at the crowd below but I tend to believe that there is nobody at the the crowd and he only does it for the cameras!.. :eusa_think:

As for the Brazilian result, I expect Hamilton to let Massa win in his home race, while himself taking the 2nd place and the WDC.

:blink: Yeah, sure... he will give him sweeties too, come on Sixten.

If one Ferrari is to win that race that one's Kimi.

It would be Kimi only if Lewis is 6th or below... Otherwise Massa can take the win....

That's internal affairs kiko01. I wrote 'expect'... But I don't expect Hamilton letting Kimi take the win.

And I agree with goferrarigo that Ferrari will help Kimi only if Hamilton is 6th or below...

the only way Massa will win is if Alonso and Hami are both out and Kimi can be 2nd then Kimi would win by one point.

I still find it ridiculous that Kimi could have 6 wins to Hami's 4 and still not be WDC. They really need to revert back to the pre-"OMGZ SCHUMIZ TOO GOODZ WE NEED TO MAKE RULES SO HE CANT WIN" points system.

the only way Massa will win is if Alonso and Hami are both out and Kimi can be 2nd then Kimi would win by one point.

I still find it ridiculous that Kimi could have 6 wins to Hami's 4 and still not be WDC. They really need to revert back to the pre-"OMGZ SCHUMIZ TOO GOODZ WE NEED TO MAKE RULES SO HE CANT WIN" points system.

+ 1 Agree

And I agree with goferrarigo that Ferrari will help Kimi only if Hamilton is 6th or below...

To start with Kimi will have the best strategy (which is normal since he's the only one having chances) Lewis or Fernanndo could have any problem and the best way to capitalize it is with Kimi first, don't expect Ferrari to wait untill the last lap to decide what to do!!!!

+ 1 Agree

I don't agree... there's a thing called concistency which is a requirement to be a WDC (Lewis and Fernando have it). Let's face it, Kimi has had the best car and he's not going to be WDC this year. When he has his day he is almost untouchable but he's not consistent enough :naughty:

I don't agree... there's a thing called concistency which is a requirement to be a WDC (Lewis and Fernando have it). Let's face it, Kimi has had the best car and he's not going to be WDC this year. When he has his day he is almost untouchable but he's not consistent enough :naughty:

Kimi has been fantastic the last 6 races. What's going to happen is when FA realises that he won't win, he'll take LH out and give kimi the WDC.

I would not say Ferrari was cut out best car.

I mean, nobody smiled*, they barely touched each other, they wouldn't look each other in the eyes even when they shake hands. And that goes for all three of them. Body language tells a lot. At the final photographs Kimi and Fernando were at least 15 cm apart.

However, the next race will be one of the hottest races ever! Three contenders for the title in the final race! When was the last time we witnessed something like this? Whoever owns race tickets for Brazil and decides to watch the race on his home TV, could make a little fortune selling his/her tickets now!

*Alonso did smile. He always do so to somebody at the crowd below but I tend to believe that there is nobody at the the crowd and he only does it for the cameras!.. :eusa_think:

Kimi and Alonso has alot of respect for each other, they're very professional about it... Alonso made sure to shake Kimi's hand post-race.....no nonsense, no backslapping like Lewis does and exurburant Lewis/Massa actions... Kimi and Alonso is just consumate professionals...

fair enough that drivers need to be consistent, but i still think there should be more of a reward from finishing 1st as opposed to 2nd. A win in formula 1 should mean a lot more than just 2 points difference from 2nd.

For example, say there are 2 drivers and after 10 races one of them has won 8 and retired from 2 and the other driver has come second in all 10 races then they will be equal on points. I know thats where your consistency argument comes in but it doesn't seem right that someone with 8 wins compared to someone with 0 wins could be equal on points

The Mclaren/Mercedes is the best car of '07 Kiko, and it never had reliability issues. and I would'nt make such a strong point on Kimi not winning the championship either, might come back to bite you in the butt :P

You're wrong.

However, the next race will be one of the hottest races ever! Three contenders for the title in the final race! When was the last time we witnessed something like this?

1986 F1 season, Australian GP.

fair enough that drivers need to be consistent, but i still think there should be more of a reward from finishing 1st as opposed to 2nd. A win in formula 1 should mean a lot more than just 2 points difference from 2nd.

For example, say there are 2 drivers and after 10 races one of them has won 8 and retired from 2 and the other driver has come second in all 10 races then they will be equal on points. I know thats where your consistency argument comes in but it doesn't seem right that someone with 8 wins compared to someone with 0 wins could be equal on points

Exactly my arguement...

There should be motivation to charge for 1st place and not be content being 2nd as the guy 1st will only be getting a small advantage...

Kimi has been fantastic the last 6 races. What's going to happen is when FA realises that he won't win, he'll take LH out and give kimi the WDC.

I could see Ferrari sweeping the front row - brazil is supposed to be a track better suited for the ferraris, right? - McLaren the second & Fred pulling a Spa type move in turns 1 & 2. I think he'd rather see Kimi be WDC than boy wonder. Plus he's already paranoid that McLaren is out to get him so he would have the last laugh. Boy that'd be sinister, but you never know.

Kimi and Alonso has alot of respect for each other, they're very professional about it... Alonso made sure to shake Kimi's hand post-race.....no nonsense, no backslapping like Lewis does and exurburant Lewis/Massa actions... Kimi and Alonso is just consumate professionals...

That's why I think Fred & Kimi would make for a great pairing at Ferrari. No BS as it is now because Kimi wouldn't play into any drama & even if he did no one would be able to understand his responses anyway!

Pretty funny how Kimi walked right past Alonso, then alonso must have said something to him & he turned to shake hands.

+2 agree.

As for Brazil, I expect all the top four to be going for the win, erm as usual. Ferrari won't give Massa the win just because it's his home race, and Lewis certainly won't either.

My prediction, the two Mclarens take each other out at the start, Ferrari give Kimi the win while Massa is leading. I know, I'm dreaming.

+2 agree.

As for Brazil, I expect all the top four to be going for the win, erm as usual. Ferrari won't give Massa the win just because it's his home race, and Lewis certainly won't either.

My prediction, the two Mclarens take each other out at the start, Ferrari give Kimi the win while Massa is leading. I know, I'm dreaming.

If both Mclarens are out... Then why give Kimi the win and just Let Kimi finish 2nd... He would still win the WDC

If both Mclarens are out... Then why give Kimi the win and just Let Kimi finish 2nd... He would still win the WDC

That would make sense, that's the only scenario I see where Ferrari would prefer Massa winning - whether Kimi would let him past, I'm not so sure.

as I said... lot of respect for each other....

Montezemolo: team cost Alonso the title

By Michele Lostia and Matt Beer .....

Alonso offered further praise for Raikkonen in an interview with Italian radio station RAI yesterday.

"He is an extraordinary guy - a very, very nice personality even though you don't see it," the Spaniard said.

"The moments I have with him behind the podium and in the press conference, he always laughs and plays pranks, things you don't see when you then watch him on TV.

"So I think he is a really good person, very focused in the races. He loves F1, he is a really great driver. He fought in 2003 and 2005, now he's managed to win the title, I'm very happy."

www.autosport.com

Wow... I really like Nando now :) . Though I think Kimi could be more 'touchy'(patting,etc) with Fernando. After this year, I think he could really do with a racing buddy- especially one he's been through these campaigns with ('05 and this year), and clearly respects.

as I said... lot of respect for each other....

Montezemolo: team cost Alonso the title

By Michele Lostia and Matt Beer .....

Alonso offered further praise for Raikkonen in an interview with Italian radio station RAI yesterday.

"He is an extraordinary guy - a very, very nice personality even though you don't see it," the Spaniard said.

"The moments I have with him behind the podium and in the press conference, he always laughs and plays pranks, things you don't see when you then watch him on TV.

"So I think he is a really good person, very focused in the races. He loves F1, he is a really great driver. He fought in 2003 and 2005, now he's managed to win the title, I'm very happy."

www.autosport.com

Not a surprise... i heard Fernando saying a lot of times how important is the luck in Formula 1 and have used Kimi as an example. He has allways showed a lot of respect for him. He's not evil actually :naughty: