Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karta

Brazil

Ok, this is what it looks like:

Hamilton 107

Alonso 103

Raikkonen 100

Now what it means for Brazil for Alonso and Raikkonen (Hamilton is trivial).

ALONSO

Alonso needs to win while Hamilton is third or worse. Anything less than win is probably not going to be enough because unless special circumstances there is no way Ferrari or Mclaren driver will be below 4th place. So barrin any incident i would say Alonso has realistic, albeit quite hard, chances for championship. All he needs is to win and a Ferrari driver to split him and Hamilton.

However, given the recent development i would say he is not desired champion by Mclaren team. Not sure how far team would go, but lets assume quite (which is rather big freedom, but for speculation it works :P ). Problem with that is that pitstops are always dangerous as lots can happen. And with his own team seems to be favoring Hamilton they can affect course of the race even at last pitstop. Especially if seems Alonso might win and Hamilton cant get second place.

Overall i would say that Alonso needs for Hamilton to crash out while Raikkonen to be competing for first or second place. That way it would be either him or Ferrari driver winning, else DNF for him would suite team rather well too as status quo would be held. This line of thought is taking rather big freedom at length team would be willing to go for Hamilton to win.

Raikkonen.

Raikkonen is in difficult position, it would be far better for him to have 2 points more at least. With 5 points being 1st and Hamilton 4th would be enough which is not really impossible, especially if somehow track would suit Ferrari more. That way Massa could let Alonso pass him while Holding up Hamilton if such situation would arise. It would be risky strategy, but it would not require Hamilton DNF.

But since it is 7 points to Hamilton and 3 to Alonso Raikkonen needs to win and Alonso not second. Second scenario would be Raikkonen second and Alonso 4th. Both those pretty much require Hamilton to DNF. If Hamilton finishes race pretty surely Raikkonen wont win overall. Given the lack of competition at top, i dont see Alonso finishing below 3rd if Hamilton DNF's in normal race. But since second scenario pretty much would be Massa winning, then i am sure Massa would let Raikkonen pass him if it would give him championship.

OVERALL.

If Hamilton does not screw up or something happen to him, he will probably win championship. Raikkonen needs Hamilton DNF and while Alonso has better theoretical chances team support will probably make it near impossible.

Yep. By all accounts, Hamilton has it in the bag. It was decided a long way back.

I rather hope not. In fact, I find myself drifting happily toward the notion of a Kimi WDC. Simply because I don't feel that either Fernando or Lewis really deserve it this year. But both will have learned valuable lessons this year.

I rather hope not. In fact, I find myself drifting happily toward the notion of a Kimi WDC. Simply because I don't feel that either Fernando or Lewis really deserve it this year. But both will have learned valuable lessons this year.

I agree. Kimi WDC not only fair (given the Stepney-Mclaren-gate) but would put things in its place

Like last year, Massa says he'll sacrifice his victory for his team-mate. Ergo, Massa will win the race. NOthing will change.

Massa would have given the win to Schumi but Fisi ****ed it up, and thus Schumi was never in a chance to take 1st.. had he reacehed 2nd position i assure you Massa would have had another pitstop for Schumi to be first...