Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Ferrari: Raikkonen At Schumacher's Level

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63153

"Generally with Kimi, we were struggling a bit at the beginning because he had some trouble to adapt his driving style to our car, to learn all our systems and to learn the Bridgestone tyres but I have to say that from mid-season to the race that he did today he can be at the same level as Michael.

"A driver that can do a race like today, such difficult conditions, without making a mistake is a great driver."

-------------------------------

Will this silence the Kimi's bashers? I doubt it, stupid people will still call him a car breaker! :)

"Generally with Kimi, we were struggling a bit at the beginning because he had some trouble to adapt his driving style to our car, to learn all our systems and to learn the Bridgestone tyres but I have to say that from mid-season to the race that he did today he can be at the same level as Michael.

"A driver that can do a race like today, such difficult conditions, without making a mistake is a great driver."

Will this silence the Kimi's bashers? I doubt it, stupid people will still call him a car breaker! :)

Pre-showdown display of confidence, nothing more. If the kid were really on Michael's level he would have driven the wheels off it all year long.

He can be, but he aint yet.

Pre-showdown display of confidence, nothing more. If the kid were really on Michael's level he would have driven the wheels off it all year long.

He can be, but he aint yet.

Exactly my thoughts, although I wish it was true.

For me kimi's performance was OK ..expected more from him

Michael's level ..imo let him first get into his own class :ermm:

A few races ago I was convinced that Kimi had cracked the secret to Mikey the Schu's success in the current aero-dominated, no passing parade that most races turn into...that secret being the ability to reel off fast laps right around his pit-stop. I must now admit that I was wrong. Nobody yet has cracked this secret.

I heard Steve Matchett relate a conversation he had with Mikey the Schu one time. He asked the secret to Mikey's car control. Mikey said that the 'four corners talked to him'. When asked about the rain, Mikey said 'the four corners whispered to him'. I would say Kimi hears more than most, but not as much as Mikey.

I heard Steve Matchett relate a conversation he had with Mikey the Schu one time. He asked the secret to Mikey's car control. Mikey said that the 'four corners talked to him'. When asked about the rain, Mikey said 'the four corners whispered to him'. I would say Kimi hears more than most, but not as much as Mikey.

Agreed.

Maybe Kimi is capable of reproducing Michael's 2004 season (yawn), but whether he is capable of Spain 94, Spa 95, Spain 96, Monaco 97, Hungary 98 (just to name a few) remains to be seen.

A car breaker at McLaren for sure but at Ferrari, well only once at you guessed it the Nurburgring, where is German bad luck charm continues & all the so-called Kimi bashers e.g. my Dad, thought it was a pity to not see the Hockenheimring featured in this seasons calendars!

Back to the point. With Ferrari, Kimi is unstoppable especially when it comes down to reliability!

KR=MS? Do they hate MS at Ferrari more than I do?

So, he won a few races. Kudos for him. That makes him a Schumi?

He is so not like Schumi that you could see his tires completely worn. MS (that darned cheater, just in case you think I have any simpathy for him) would have raced this same race and ended with his tires in perfect condition.

Schumi was not just fast. Schumi was aware of every single part of his car and used it to his advantage. He used to change the race line not because he was clueless about what the hell is a racing line (like Massa) but because he was looking for the best patch of tarmac in every place to preserve his tires during changing weather conditions.

He knew when to preserve the engine, when he could push it to the limit. He was also a strategist. Would never made a mistake like Lewis did at the last race (granted, LH is a rookie, and MS learnt with time).

So, what did Kimi do to be considered like Schumi again?

KR=MS? Do they hate MS at Ferrari more than I do?

So, he won a few races. Kudos for him. That makes him a Schumi?

He is so not like Schumi that you could see his tires completely worn. MS (that darned cheater, just in case you think I have any simpathy for him) would have raced this same race and ended with his tires in perfect condition.

Schumi was not just fast. Schumi was aware of every single part of his car and used it to his advantage. He used to change the race line not because he was clueless about what the hell is a racing line (like Massa) but because he was looking for the best patch of tarmac in every place to preserve his tires during changing weather conditions.

He knew when to preserve the engine, when he could push it to the limit. He was also a strategist. Would never made a mistake like Lewis did at the last race (granted, LH is a rookie, and MS learnt with time).

So, what did Kimi do to be considered like Schumi again?

You've often downplayed your knowledge of F1. I here and now call you a LIAR! You have a most perfect understanding of this sport, sir (except when you disagree with me then you're a senile, balding, spandex-wearing knob that doesn't know what shape a tyre is).

A cra breaker at McLaren for sure but at Ferrari, well only once at you guessed it the Nurburgring, where is German bad luck charm continues & all the so-called Kimi bashers e.g. my Dad, thought it was a pity to not see the Hockenheimring featured in this seasons calendars!!

It's nice to know that even after a year to sort it out, you mindless Kimi-drones still don't understand my theory on this.

Don't worry Mike. Are my typo's confusing you? ANyhway, Kimi is no Schumacher & never will! Lets leave it at hat & not get into a nig deal about it!

Don't worry Mike. Are my typo's confusing you? ANyhway, Kimi is no Schumacher & never will! Lets leave it at hat & not get into a nig deal about it!

No, I'm still sober so I confuse quite easily. Kimi could be another Mikey the Schu, but he's not there yet. He is still damned quick and in the top 'tier' of drivers. If he can pull off the WDC this year, he will have earned it.

I think many of you are reading more than its necessary, though I agree that the praise could be a show of confidence before the final race, what ferrari intend to say that, Kimi has finally stepped up to deliver the results we expected from him as a replacement for Schumacher. I don't think Ferrari would be so brazen as to start comparing Kimi's results with that of Schumacher

Kimi is not at Michael level, we saw that in China, Michael would have won that race even starting form the pits and specially with thoses safety car period, probably Kimi is the the driver who is closer to get to that point but he is not a Schumi's level.

Agreed.

Maybe Kimi is capable of reproducing Michael's 2004 season (yawn), but whether he is capable of Spain 94, Spa 95, Spain 96, Monaco 97, Hungary 98 (just to name a few) remains to be seen.

remains to be seen?! wat about spa 04? suzuka 05? fuji 07? note that all the races you said was when the drivers could make a bit more difference in the car without TC and all that bs. hopefully that returns next year

Kimi is not at Michael level, we saw that in China, Michael would have won that race even starting form the pits and specially with thoses safety car period, probably Kimi is the the driver who is closer to get to that point but he is not a Schumi's level.

In Kimi's defense, Schumi was absolute crap in 2005. Was it the driver or the car? Clearly it was the car. Skill and talent take you only so far.

Bring on 2008. I'm just sad JV isn't going to be there. We'll see who the real drivers are once the aids are abolished. I don't even know if Kimi will adapt, but we'll all see soon enough.

And where is the surprise? Alonso and Kimi are the best two drivers in the field. Of course, I tip for Kimi. And, yeah, sure, there had to be a period of adjustment. No surprises here at all. Really, if it wasn't for Monaco (Kimi, Kiiiiiiimi)....

Beisdes, the comment is meant to be kind to Schumacher.

Bring on 2008. I'm just sad JV isn't going to be there. We'll see who the real drivers are once the aids are abolished. I don't even know if Kimi will adapt, but we'll all see soon enough.

Kimi and Lewis will wipe the floor with everyone. Fernando had better get out of Mclaren now whilst he's only looking vaguely inferior to Lewis.

i am a kimi fan...but in my opinion schumi is greater than kimi...

schumi was gifted with more talents....also he was in the right place at the right time so his results spoke of his actions....

from what i noticed kimi on other hand somettimes gets fired up and shows excellent performance...but i think his inconsistency and bad luck are the drawback...

while a rookie can prove he can beat a championship teammate why didnt kimi with lots of experience took more time to out perform massa?????....

Guys, guys, guys, y'all are reaching. If I'm correct, Luca said; "he can be...".Emphasis on the "can". He did not say "he is at the level of Schumacher. That would make all the difference. I think Kimi, to reach that level, with that awesome talent; would need the audacity and charisma that characterised Michael. That's one of the reasons I didn't like him while he raced I think, but it certainly gave him the edge- that consummate desire to win always. Kimi's apparent cold demeanor, the antithesis of Schumacher, may have more to do with it than any other reason.

My opinion is he's still getting there. He might not have got to schumi's level yet, but i think from next year onwards he will. I reckorn 2008 to be his year. If ferrari can give kimi a fast and reliable car next year, he'll be hard to contain for his rivals. Then we can see the iceman edging towards michael's glory. :clap3:

In Kimi's defense, Schumi was absolute crap in 2005. Was it the driver or the car? Clearly it was the car. Skill and talent take you only so far.

You can call it a crap, but even being a "crap" he manage to get were must of the drivers in the field would like to be and nobody else would do the same in that car, even driving a crap he did the best posible job and that is what a good driver is suppose to do, I am completly sure that Schumi in this car, this season would be the WDC probably two or three races ago while Kimi is hoping (like me) for something to happen to get the title.

Well,Kimi can't be compared with Sch yet.. :nono1: Sry,but he need a lot of drivin to do yet to be compared.. But,maybee some day.. :blush::naughty:

oh wow, never saw this thread or article, lovely lovely stuff!!!!!!