Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Ferrari: Raikkonen At Schumacher's Level

Button's the cutest F1 driver. You've got an awful taste. I don't want to imagine what kind of men you sleep with.

Hey! I'm hurt :(

Is it also the case that Michael was ahead of the respective competition in key areas which accentuated the impression of dominance? ie not only driver skill but fitness, teamwork, strategic mind and race savvy.

I believe that since his secrets have been unlocked and emulated it has made it more difficult for drivers like Kimi to stand out from the competiton. So rather than Michael being mighty is it not true that all are now nearly as mighty?

What am i talking about? That almost sounded like rational reasoning....NO! Michael was a super human! His talent will never be repeated! Only blind devotion will suffice!

:wtf:

Kimi at Schumi's level? :laughing::lmavfa:

I say, he is higher! Schumi used the rules and time and support to his advantage and, you must admit that Kimi literally had his hands tied while he was at Mclaren. He had to work like a robot. He has to talk when they saw "talk". he has to poo when they say "poo". At Ferrari, I think he is more free and he is quitely going and doing his job with no one's notice, which is a good thing. This is Kimi's first season with Ferrari, and he has blown away Massa and other drivers with the most silent bomb.

I wouldn't use the term blown away...

Massa was leading him till Italy, but after that Kimi put his foot down and with the full team effort took the WDC away in a very commendable manner

Massa was leading him till Italy, but after that Kimi put his foot down and with the full team effort took the WDC away in a very commendable manner

Mclaren, right?

:wtf:

Kimi at Schumi's level? :laughing::lmavfa:

I say, he is higher! Schumi used the rules and time and support to his advantage and, you must admit that Kimi literally had his hands tied while he was at Mclaren. He had to work like a robot. He has to talk when they saw "talk". he has to poo when they say "poo". At Ferrari, I think he is more free and he is quitely going and doing his job with no one's notice, which is a good thing. This is Kimi's first season with Ferrari, and he has blown away Massa and other drivers with the most silent bomb.

I'm not sure whether he is higher but what i certainly know is his doing his job like the silent assassin. Yep i can agree with you on many points. In the next few seasons we can really see the true level of kimi

Pah. Senna.

No, I joke of course, each to his own!

Michael was indeed a more complete and consistant driver than Kimi, Schumi's gift was to be able to stay on the limit for longer than others, well that was one of his many gifts anyway.

I don't think he stayed at the limit very long. At least not in the era where aero has played such a part and its about fast lap times around pit stop matter.

I think if you look at his driving over the years you can see how he Adapted to the times. all the way to the early 2000's he was always pushing. Think of his wet races and even the dry races he won with margins of 50+ seconds. Or think of Sepang in 99. He was the class of the field that day and handed the win to Eddie because he now had to play No2. To me, in the times after 2001 or 2002 when pit strategy really started to have huge impacts on the race, you can see Michael's style change. Just drive times the guy in front is driving and then once he is in the pits Michael would just throw out laps 1 2 or 3 seconds faster. I think that shows he didn't drive on the limit very often in the later years. And I think Brazil last year showed just how far his limit was. He was fully loaded on fuel and did laps equal to that of Massa who was on a 2 stopper. Of course Massa wasn't going to overtake Michael but the two of them were the only ones to be in the 1:12 range.

And I think that's what Kimi needs to learn. Just stick with the guy in front and then just bust out Lap after Lap at the limit. He has to learn that the limit sometimes doesn't even have to be touched. That you just need to bring it home, score the points and win as quickly as possible and then Just let it rip in the last races.

Is it also the case that Michael was ahead of the respective competition in key areas which accentuated the impression of dominance? ie not only driver skill but fitness, teamwork, strategic mind and race savvy.

I believe that since his secrets have been unlocked and emulated it has made it more difficult for drivers like Kimi to stand out from the competiton. So rather than Michael being mighty is it not true that all are now nearly as mighty?

What am i talking about? That almost sounded like rational reasoning....NO! Michael was a super human! His talent will never be repeated! Only blind devotion will suffice!

Yep this has been a special feature of michael. Key word, the strategic mind. He has the ability to think strategically during a race and turn the result upside down. That is where he has excelled most and won a lot of races. He tend to discuss his strategy with ross brawn and make it work. Even if he didn't have the fastest car he'll make it look like by his strategy.

I'm not sure whether he is higher but what i certainly know is his doing his job like the silent assassin. Yep i can agree with you on many points. In the next few seasons we can really see the true level of kimi

But I am sure. Last season I was one of the members getting the stick for Kimi's unlucky season. I was one of his hardcore fans, but I never wanted him to go to Ferrari. But from the pictures I see him with Ferrari, it looks like Kimi was tied and raped by all the bosses at Mclaren. He looks more comfortable and happy in Ferrari. Ron realized the value of freedom only after Kimi left, but, he has been too free this season. Ron will learn. But I think he is getting old, but I still belive he can do a better job next season.

Yes, silent Assasin is the right name, suits more than Iceman to my opinion. We have already seen Kimi's true instincts. He never gave up. It looks like MS and Kimi were having phone sex while we thought they don't speak. Looks like MS adviced him a lot. I really thought that Kimi will wont win the crown this season.

According to me, the competition has been blown or Massacred with the way Kimi won. Anyways, not even for one second I think Kimi won it by fluke. He deserves it.

And I think that's what Kimi needs to learn. Just stick with the guy in front and then just bust out Lap after Lap at the limit. He has to learn that the limit sometimes doesn't even have to be touched. That you just need to bring it home, score the points and win as quickly as possible and then Just let it rip in the last races.

To my knowledge he already has a fantastic inlap and outlap. He showed it this year in brazil and china to name a few. In the last race he did the fastest 1st sector of anybody on his inlap and did the 3 fastest laps of the race back to back when massa pitted.

But i do agree that michael has the fastest inlap and outlap. We know this from rubens barrichello as well. He once told that he is able to match michael's pace but not his inlap and outlap

Button's the cutest F1 driver. You've got an awful taste. I don't want to imagine what kind of men you sleep with.

Oh, imagining them is fine - it's looking at them for real that's painful. It's why we turn the lights off...

:lol: Walk around to stretch it out. It'll pass.

My wife used to think that. But now she calls him 'The Caveman'

Oh,sorry,I didn't know :( .

Anyway, you must be an exception,cause even with that barrel on... :naughty:

Oh, imagining them is fine - it's looking at them for real that's painful. It's why we turn the lights off...

:lol: Walk around to stretch it out. It'll pass.

Yep. Everybody sleeps with the lights off. Cause we're still talking about sleeping,aren't we? :mellow:

My wife used to think that. But now she calls him 'The Caveman'

Yeah,we've also had some deep conversations about his facial fluff here :lol: but he's still gorgeous... :wub::lol:

Yep this has been a special feature of michael. Key word, the strategic mind. He has the ability to think strategically during a race and turn the result upside down. That is where he has excelled most and won a lot of races. He tend to discuss his strategy with ross brawn and make it work. Even if he didn't have the fastest car he'll make it look like by his strategy.

I think that his strategic mind was more to do with unsettling his competition with mind games, spotting crucial information at key times (ie following cars and observing their tyre condition) and other little details. The ability to think strategically during a race that you speak of was purely the preserve of Brawn. Michael, as great as i think he was did not have the mental capacity to re-evaluate pre-determined race strategy during a race without consultation and calculation from the prat perch.

In other words it wasn't Michael hitting Brawn with ideas and demands mid-race, more the other way around.

I think that his strategic mind was more to do with unsettling his competition with mind games, spotting crucial information at key times (ie following cars and observing their tyre condition) and other little details. The ability to think strategically during a race that you speak of was purely the preserve of Brawn. Michael, as great as i think he was did not have the mental capacity to re-evaluate pre-determined race strategy during a race without consultation and calculation from the prat perch.

In other words it wasn't Michael hitting Brawn with ideas and demands mid-race, more the other way around.

You don know how right you are, I've posted an article once where it stated Brawn use to tell Micheal, come in! and without hesititation Micheal would do exactly what Brawn ordered, no matter how ridiculous the situation might have looked... The trust in Brawn was phenomenal..... he had a real telepathic link with Brawn....