Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Ferrari's Front Wheels...

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM. HAVE YOUR SAY

According to the rules the front Ferrari wheel fairings are illegal. Looking at it from the front it is clear that the brake vents extend wider than the rim and also wider than the tyre's widest point.

12.4 Wheel dimensions:

12.4.1 Complete wheel width must lie between 305 and 355mm

when fitted to the front of the car and between 365 and 380mm when

fitted to the rear.

12.4.2 Complete wheel diameter must not exceed 660mm when

fitted with dry-weather tyres or 670mm when fitted with wet-weather

tyres.

12.4.3 Complete wheel width and diameter will be measured

horizontally at axle height with the wheel held in vertical position and when fitted with new tyres inflated to 1.4 bar.

3.3 Overall width:

The overall width of the car, including complete wheels, must not

exceed 1800mm with the steered wheels in the straight ahead

position. Overall width will be measured when the car is fitted with

tyres inflated to 1.4 bar.

Where does it say that the Ferrari is wider than 1800mm and not only that the front brake vent isn't part of the wheel anyway, its part of the brake ducting. They take them off at each pit stop. I'll have to agree with the FIA on this one.

I'm sure if that was the case, then Mclaren would have been quick to point that out. They do have the Ferrari's blueprint and I'm sure it does not exclude the fairings

I'm sure if that was the case, then Mclaren would have been quick to point that out. They do have the Ferrari's blueprint and I'm sure it does not exclude the fairings

Coughlan had Ferrari's drawings in his house, not McLaren. And not concerning all the areas of the car.

Coughlan had Ferrari's drawings in his house, not McLaren. And not concerning all the areas of the car.

Is that a fact?

Dream on.

Dream on.

Yeah sure. McLaren stealing Ferrari drawings and sending an housewife to a local copy and photo center to have a copy.

Then Dennis himself sent Coughlan to talk with Honda so they could help the Japanese team improve their form with Ferrari and McLaren knowledge.

I suppose you are a FIArrari fan...

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM. HAVE YOUR SAY

According to the rules the front Ferrari wheel fairings are illegal. Looking at it from the front it is clear that the brake vents extend wider than the rim and also wider than the tyre's widest point.

12.4 Wheel dimensions:

12.4.1 Complete wheel width must lie between 305 and 355mm

when fitted to the front of the car and between 365 and 380mm when

fitted to the rear.

12.4.2 Complete wheel diameter must not exceed 660mm when

fitted with dry-weather tyres or 670mm when fitted with wet-weather

tyres.

12.4.3 Complete wheel width and diameter will be measured

horizontally at axle height with the wheel held in vertical position and when fitted with new tyres inflated to 1.4 bar.

3.3 Overall width:

The overall width of the car, including complete wheels, must not

exceed 1800mm with the steered wheels in the straight ahead

position. Overall width will be measured when the car is fitted with

tyres inflated to 1.4 bar.

:eusa_think:

Toyota are using them now, so clearly, no other team has any issue with them and I expect they'll all have them within the next 2 years!

Yeah sure. McLaren stealing Ferrari drawings and sending an housewife to a local copy and photo center to have a copy.

Then Dennis himself sent Coughlan to talk with Honda so they could help the Japanese team improve their form with Ferrari and McLaren knowledge.

...and it's quite clear, you're not

Didn't know that...Interesting. Reading the rulebook it seems their car is (STILL) illegal. But FIA obviously disagree

I cant believe you replied to your own post lol

I cant believe you replied to your own post lol

:clap3::clap3: I didn't notice that. That is so funny. How childish is that???? Christian84 is a pure Ferrari hater. I think the FIA should investigate him. I think it was him that put the white powder in Kimi's car. poor Stepny got framed.

Didn't know that...Interesting. Reading the rulebook it seems their car is (STILL) illegal. But FIA obviously disagree

Wow, do they know about your findings though?

Cristiano & FUSchumi , why don't you join McLaren? They would be too glad to hire you.

Yes, Woking and when you do keep them busy and away from computers.

Piffle.

Piffle indeed.

The only crime Ferrari should be hauled in for is slapping those horrible rim decals on their wheel trashbin covers.

:clap3::clap3: I didn't notice that. That is so funny. How childish is that???? Christian84 is a pure Ferrari hater. I think the FIA should investigate him. I think it was him that put the white powder in Kimi's car. poor Stepny got framed.

Yup, we should have known all along.. It was christano and FUschumi(after all they are the same person)

Toyota are using them now, so clearly, no other team has any issue with them and I expect they'll all have them within the next 2 years!

As always, the only time a team complains about an innovation is if they don't think they can duplicate it quickly...

What you

:clap3::clap3: