Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

What Happened At Nurburgring

IS there any truth to what I read today about Hamiliton's car being lifted out of a trap with a crane, and he was allowed to continue racing????

Yes that it true. A whole bunch of cars all went off at the same corner and aqua planed into the barriers. Lewis stayed in his car, kept the engine running and a crane appeared, picked up him and put him back on the track.

This p**sed off more people than you can imagine. The crane didn't' help any of the other drivers. Granted they may have turned their engines off thinking no help was going to come, but it only spread fuel on the fire that Lewis was getting preferential treatment. Best example of that was his safety car atrocity. That is without doubt the worst ****ing piece of driving I have ever seen in my life. And poor Vettel got the blame.

IS there any truth to what I read today about Hamiliton's car being lifted out of a trap with a crane, and he was allowed to continue racing????

He was allowed to continue racing because the race was red flagged, I believe.

Yes that it true. A whole bunch of cars all went off at the same corner and aqua planed into the barriers. Lewis stayed in his car, kept the engine running and a crane appeared, picked up him and put him back on the track.

This p**sed off more people than you can imagine. The crane didn't' help any of the other drivers. Granted they may have turned their engines off thinking no help was going to come, but it only spread fuel on the fire that Lewis was getting preferential treatment. Best example of that was his safety car atrocity. That is without doubt the worst ****ing piece of driving I have ever seen in my life. And poor Vettel got the blame.

Keeping the engine running is a crucial part of this. If the others had kept their lumps running they would have been lifted out as well. You can't knock Hamilton for having more presence of mind that everyone else, can you? Oh wait, you can.

He was allowed to continue racing because the race was red flagged, I believe.

Indeed. If the race is stopped, any car still running and able to make it to the starting grid will be allowed to participate in the re-start. I also seem to recall that if there's a spare car, a driver can jump in that and race, albeit from the pitlane instead of the grid proper.

i just a little shocked by how you didnt know this, yourve got over 1000 posts but u didnt watch the race?

Franz Tost shoved Scott Speed.

Fernando passed Massa.

Then Fernando cried like a baby about Massa giving it his all to win, since F1 is about being a polite little pussy and letting the other guy win, especially when you have a shot at the championship.

I'd mention the Lewis thing, but since he didn't score points, I don't care. And that's how F1 works. Constructors' leaders McLaren get penalized points for having and using Ferrari documents. Spyker had 0 points, and despite having, and using as evidence, Red Bull RB3 and Toro Rosso STR02 documents, received no penalty. That's how we roll.

i just a little shocked by how you didnt know this, yourve got over 1000 posts but u didnt watch the race?

This is numero 1417, and I haven't watched a race SINCE Nurburgring. Decided to end my viewing career on a high note.

Keeping the engine running is a crucial part of this. If the others had kept their lumps running they would have been lifted out as well.

You say it for the sake of the argument or do you really think this regulation makes sense?

if the former then:

"yes, obviously he had the right to continue his race"

if the later :

"man, this regulation is plain stupid. If any of the competing cars in the course of the race had been helped by any third party , be it either team members or marshals, should be declared DNF by the race director. And by help I mean any form of physical contact with the car other than int the pit"

You say it for the sake of the argument or do you really think this regulation makes sense?

if the former then:

"yes, obviously he had the right to continue his race"

if the later :

"man, this regulation is plain stupid. If any of the competing cars in the course of the race had been helped by any third party , be it either team members or marshals, should be declared DNF by the race director. And by help I mean any form of physical contact with the car other than int the pit"

Sorry, but what I've related is exactly what the sporting regs say. You can b!tch about it as much as I've b!tched about the vague rule used to hang McLaren, but in the end, it is what it is. You can, of course, ignore all that and go on clinging to how you think F1 should be. Whatever makes you happy, man!

Touching my penis makes me happy.

I touched my penis while watching Nurburgring. It was a very good race.

Touching my penis makes me happy.

I touched my penis while watching Nurburgring. It was a very good race.

I take it you took pole.

And finished.

Sorry, but what I've related is exactly what the sporting regs say. You can b!tch about it as much as I've b!tched about the vague rule used to hang McLaren, but in the end, it is what it is. You can, of course, ignore all that and go on clinging to how you think F1 should be. Whatever makes you happy, man!

I have no intention to argue , I think the rules are pretty clear. My question was concerning your opinion on that rule : is it just me or is it stupid that a car can be pushed back on the track.

on the other hand the time lost when waiting in a car for help is harsh punishment itself , so...

I have no intention to argue , I think the rules are pretty clear. My question was concerning your opinion on that rule : is it just me or is it stupid that a car can be pushed back on the track.

on the other hand the time lost when waiting in a car for help is harsh punishment itself , so...

Ah. My opinion is that I agree with the rule. If your car is running, get it back on track any way you can and get back to racing.

I've been a member since 2004. I see your post count is larger the mine and you have only been a member since 2006.

I very seldom watch a race anymore. I think the F1 circus is a joke, and it would be kind of hypocritical to think so little of it, and still set my alarm to get up at 05:00 hrs to watch.

I never watched LH park it in the gravel trap either. My belief is that driver input, other then complete incompetence, like parking it in the gravel while entering the pits, means little in an F1 race any more. When the wizards of F1 decided to hand the WCC to Ferrari this year, it makes little sense to me to watch at all.

I find it simply amazing that LH can have his car lifted back on the track, and continue to race. I wrote this charade off without knowing this. Now that I find out this is true, I just shake my head in disbelief, and am happy I didn't waste any more time watching this years "World Championship"

It amazes me that they didn't rescind that rule after Schumacher got a push- I remember the furore that caused.

Does anyone know what purpose, if any, that rule serves? If it was taken out are there any circumstances where safety would suffer? I can't see that there are.

I've been a member since 2004. I see your post count is larger the mine and you have only been a member since 2006.

I very seldom watch a race anymore. I think the F1 circus is a joke, and it would be kind of hypocritical to think so little of it, and still set my alarm to get up at 05:00 hrs to watch.

I never watched LH park it in the gravel trap either. My belief is that driver input, other then complete incompetence, like parking it in the gravel while entering the pits, means little in an F1 race any more. When the wizards of F1 decided to hand the WCC to Ferrari this year, it makes little sense to me to watch at all.

I find it simply amazing that LH can have his car lifted back on the track, and continue to race. I wrote this charade off without knowing this. Now that I find out this is true, I just shake my head in disbelief, and am happy I didn't waste any more time watching this years "World Championship"

Lewis was craned out the gravel and he was allowed to continue racing because of the red flag. That's it pure and simple. There is no charade.

The same happens in motorbike racing, for example. They can sometimes slide off into the gravel, but if they can continue they can be helped back on by marshals and there is no fuss or outcry. What's the difference?

It amazes me that they didn't rescind that rule after Schumacher got a push- I remember the furore that caused.

Does anyone know what purpose, if any, that rule serves? If it was taken out are there any circumstances where safety would suffer? I can't see that there are.

I think it is purely down to the quickest way of clearing the danger.

At least on brazilian tv coverage, they said it was permited to get the push if u keep engine on, because it wasn't mentioned on the rules, but after that race they decided it wouldn't be allowed anymore. (that's what they said here, i dont trust them anyways)

The marshalls system is the problem. Like the FIA in general, the inconsistency in the application of already vague rules, the continous supsicions of favoring the "driver of the day", the fact that their usually controversial decisions, even if appealed, are insantaneous thus the damage is already done by the time everybody admits they were wrong...it should be changed.

It was awful in the old days. As races tend to be won more and more outside the track, it gets even worse.

I was at the Nurburgring this year right in front of the first corner.

I was so p**sed off to see that happen.

And he wasnt in a more dangerous position than the others the simple fact is LH made a rookie mistake which will hopefully cost him the championship.

I was at the Nurburgring this year right in front of the first corner.

I was so p**sed off to see that happen.

And he wasnt in a more dangerous position than the others the simple fact is LH made a rookie mistake which will hopefully cost him the championship.

Well, it was fairly dangerous seems they stopped the race.

Lewis was craned out the gravel and he was allowed to continue racing because of the red flag. That's it pure and simple. There is no charade.The same happens in motorbike racing, for example. They can sometimes slide off into the gravel, but if they can continue they can be helped back on by marshals and there is no fuss or outcry. What's the difference?

I think it is purely down to the quickest way of clearing the danger.

Were the others allowed to restart????

Did he start at the back of the grid or did he restart from his original position????.

I will hold off using the term charade, until I know the answer to those two questions.

I don't recall the race being stopped YHR or there being a restart. A whole bunch of cars went off on one corner, Lewis got craned back out, and rejoined the pack. The safety car was out at this time. Lewis was able to unlap himself even though he was already last behind the safety pack (thus nullifying the rule of unlapping yourself to get out of the way of the front runners). Thankfully he didn't score any points that day.