Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

What Happened At Nurburgring

Were the others allowed to restart????

Did he start at the back of the grid or did he restart from his original position????.

I will hold off using the term charade, until I know the answer to those two questions.

I don't know to be honest, they would be allowed if they can get their cars to the grid.

At the back of the pack.

I don't recall the race being stopped YHR or there being a restart. A whole bunch of cars went off on one corner, Lewis got craned back out, and rejoined the pack. The safety car was out at this time. Lewis was able to unlap himself even though he was already last behind the safety pack (thus nullifying the rule of unlapping yourself to get out of the way of the front runners). Thankfully he didn't score any points that day.

The race was stopped and restarted behind the safety car.

Lewis was still 1 lap behind when the race was restarted under the SC, as far as I know.

I don't recall the race being stopped YHR or there being a restart. A whole bunch of cars went off on one corner, Lewis got craned back out, and rejoined the pack. The safety car was out at this time. Lewis was able to unlap himself even though he was already last behind the safety pack (thus nullifying the rule of unlapping yourself to get out of the way of the front runners). Thankfully he didn't score any points that day.

Oh

I thought he has scored some points. If this race didn't lead to any points then I guess what happened will have little bearing on the final points tally. It still doesn't make what happened right IMHO, but the damage that the stewards and marshals have done is limited to a flawed process with no real consequence to the championship.

I don't know to be honest, they would be allowed if they can get their cars to the grid.

At the back of the pack.

The race was stopped and restarted behind the safety car.

Lewis was still 1 lap behind when the race was restarted under the SC, as far as I know.

Nah he was on the same lap, when they restarted. He did finish 9th in that race...

I find it simply amazing that LH can have his car lifted back on the track, and continue to race. I wrote this charade off without knowing this. Now that I find out this is true, I just shake my head in disbelief, and am happy I didn't waste any more time watching this years "World Championship"

I find the amount of disclaimers in recent posts rising to astronomical numbers. So here's mine: I'm not a Hamilton fan by any means. BUT, only people who do not own a copy (I don't either) of the FIA rule book are complaining/have comlained about Hamilton being lifted out by crane and continuing. Nobody from any other team made any long-lasting protests. It must be ok then, no matter how many cats you skin ever which way. That's done, and it in no way contributes to the fact that Hamilton is well on his way to becoming a tool. In fact, mentioning events that do not necessarily prove his toolness are detrimental to the anti-Hamilton crew.

I find the amount of disclaimers in recent posts rising to astronomical numbers. So here's mine: I'm not a Hamilton fan by any means. BUT, only people who do not own a copy (I don't either) of the FIA rule book are complaining/have comlained about Hamilton being lifted out by crane and continuing. Nobody from any other team made any long-lasting protests. It must be ok then, no matter how many cats you skin ever which way. That's done, and it in no way contributes to the fact that Hamilton is well on his way to becoming a tool. In fact, mentioning events that do not necessarily prove his toolness are detrimental to the anti-Hamilton crew.

Technical and sporting regs, as well as press releases and hot air from the FIA can be found here (free):

http://www.fia.com/index_1024.html

Nah he was on the same lap, when they restarted. He did finish 9th in that race...

Yep, he finished 9th, but the only thing I could find was that he was 17th when behind the SC and presumably already a lap down. I thought lapped cars could unlap themselves, but only if they are between other cars and the SC, not too sure what happens if you already at the back of the pack. However, it's a moot point as the race was stopped and restarted.