Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

If Lewis Wins

who will win wdc  

49 members have voted

1. 1. who will win wdc in brazil

• kimi
    • alonso
    • lewis

If Lewis wins I will refuse to read a newspaper for at least 6 months. If I accidentally catch sight of any of the predictably gushing articles that have been pre prepared then I will vomit.

I don't read newspapers very much anyway, so it will be quite easy to avoid for me! :lol:

tricky scenario :eusa_think: but i think this scenario is sure to come....

let me put it this way....

if alonso wants to overtake lewis then just overtaking will not help him secure champshp at the same time if he deliberately crashes then it is suicidal for him....now alonso needs to show all his experience and manage to overtake lewis at the same time make a contact with lewis in such a way that it makes lewis DNF....once alonso makes lewis to end up in a wall or break his aero so that lewis goes DNF(or give him less points not enough for wdc)...then alonso just need to push as much as he can on getting close to kimi and get champshp....

if alonso gets champship this way then the press will say "KIMI WINS RACE BUT ALONSO WINS CHAMPIONSHIP IN A INCIDENT PACKED BRAZIL GP"

he wud say in his post race press conf "this happens in f-1...it is a racing incident.....even stewards investigated and gave me drive thru penalty due to which kimi overtook the race... .even i lost balance after the contact with lewis but i am fortunate because the damage was less....when i pitted next time the pit stop crew adjusted the aero and somehow i focussed to close gap on kimi ..and even though kimi won the race i got enough points to clinch world title....i wud like to thank mclaren to have given me a car to win the wdc....i may not be associated with mclaren next year and wanted to end my services with a high note.....i had some good and bad experiences...but it happens every where i just need to put all the past and focus on next season with the same goal of winning wdc.......i wish lewis and mclaren all success...i will decide (to join renault) about my future and will shortly announce where i will be joining next year"..... :clap3:

the statement in bold above can changed to "i will race in renault next year"

News:

`Alonso agrees Renault return`

Thursday 11th October 2007

In what is bound to be the first of many such claims, reports in Germany state that Fernando Alonso has agreed to return to Renault next season.

According to that most unreliable of sources, Bild newspaper, Alonso has already signed a letter of intent to race with the team in 2008. Once his release from McLaren is confirmed, the Spaniard will then finalise a three-year contract with Renault.

For what it's worth, Bild also claims that Toyota offered the double World Champion a $150m, three-year contract to replace Ralf Schumacher.

For what it's worth, Bild also claims that Toyota offered the double World Champion a $150m, three-year contract to replace Ralf Schumacher.

:rofl:

Alright, the manure comment has gotten all the mileage it's capable of. I'll stop. To be honest, I wasn't trying pick on you in the other thread, but you replied to my joking comment with a great deal of attitude, so you got the stick from me for it. The debate with you wasn't worth spending the time on past that. In the spirit of giving new posters a fair shot, I'll take you on in this thread. ^_^

There is RD admission that his whole strategy was designed to defeat Alonso. True, these are RD's own words but don't support your position, thus, they don't exist and don't constitute proof (for you).

OK, prove to me that Ron's own words exist (and post the exact Ron Dennis quote and a source link that supports your claim).

RD's claimed that Alonso tried to blackmailed him. There is no proof whatsoever that it is true but it is convient to you and, thus, it is the absolute truth (for you).

It's true that there's no proof of the conversation between Alonso and Ron so we can draw whatever conclusions we want to about what happened. Taken on it's own, Ron's claim can be discredited as deflecting blame onto Alonso....BUT we have been hearing for two years from Alonso about how he desires #1 status in a team. We also know he was angry at Ron and McLaren at various points this season (even refusing a get-together aboard a yacht to iron out differences) for not granting him that #1 status. These, to me, tend to support Ron's claim that Alonso tried to blackmail him with the e-mails.

Those two facts alone suffice to prove the charge.

As I've shown above, one 'fact' of yours has yet to be substantiated and the other 'fact' of yours is, by your own words (There is no proof whatsoever) isn't provable, and hence not a fact at all.

RD has gotten out of his way to create an atmosphere of hatred towars Alonso

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I disagree, in part, and here's why: I don't think Ron would hire Alonso for upwards of 20 million space-bucks just to ruin his season. That makes absolutely no sense. If Ron is now creating an atmosphere of hatred it likely started when Alonso brought up the Coughlan/Pedro emails and told Ron he was going to give them to the FIA (either altruistically or as blackmail). I'll give your theory that much credit because it's plausible.

while unambiguously supporting Hamilton.

I would again argue that if this were true, Hamilton would have gotten the 20+million salary and Alonso the 500,000 salary. Where Ron puts his money is a good indication of who he supported more (at least at the start of the season). Again, it's possible that Ron dislikes Alonso now for the loss McLaren suffered due to Alonso's actions, but this would be a recent shift in attitude. If you want to prove Ron's bias against Alonso before the 'Stepney' saga, please provide some news reports (with links).

If you can't provide links to support what you've been stating as 'fact' I suppose that's alright. I have many theories that simply cannot be proven. I'd like those theories to be facts, and I'd like people to believe them, but in the end if I can't produce the goods, I can't expect people to totally believe what I'm saying. This applies to you as well. Provide me proof and I'll stand corrected, otherwise I'll believe what opinions I sound the best to me....and currently your's do not.

If Lewis wins I will refuse to read a newspaper for at least 6 months. If I accidentally catch sight of any of the predictably gushing articles that have been pre prepared then I will vomit.

If you wear a hemet, you can pretend to be Mark Webber....

I'll tell you what will be worse; White trash previously unaware of F1 bandwagoning support for our British champion. You'll want to hit them with a very nobbly stick.

For some reason I have high confidence that Hamilton will win at Sao Paulo next week! Kimi is hopefull & as for Alonso, possibly 2nd best!

OK, prove to me that Ron's own words exist (and post the exact Ron Dennis quote and a source link that supports your claim).

If you can't provide links to support what you've been stating as 'fact' I suppose that's alright. I have many theories that simply cannot be proven. I'd like those theories to be facts, and I'd like people to believe them, but in the end if I can't produce the goods, I can't expect people to totally believe what I'm saying. This applies to you as well. Provide me proof and I'll stand corrected, otherwise I'll believe what opinions I sound the best to me....and currently your's do not.

He does not provide any proofs what so ever! I had requested him to provide proofs, but he dodged it, just like he did with many other members in the other tread.

I won't mind arguing with he if he brought some thing with proof.

The only thing I can find is this:

"We were not racing Raikkonen, we were racing Alonso."

I was only able to find that quote from other forums, not from any official news site, so it remains in the realm of rumour. Perhaps someone can substantiate this?

Well I've seen that quote before too, but I hardly think it means the whole McLaren team was racing Nando.

"We weren't at all fazed about Kimi; we didn't care about Kimi; we weren't racing Kimi; he was racing Fernando.

Source

The quote is everywhere. I picked Planet F1 because it is the British version of the Spanish As. Biased to the max.

I don't think it proves that the team treats them unequally, of course. It does prove that Ron is not at his finest hour. He should have been more careful with his words, keeping in mind the atmosphere inside his own team. It might be just a freudian slip, but Ron should know better than let thess kind of things happen.

Anyways, a minor anecdote, if so.

Well I've seen that quote before too, but I hardly think it means the whole McLaren team was racing Nando.

That's my take as well. I interpret Ron's alleged quote to mean that, in the context of the WDC, his drivers are racing each other. It took the slant of Hamilton racing Alonso because in the points, and the race, Hamilton leads Fernando. It was Ron's smug way of saying that Kimi isn't a real factor in the title chase.

Source

The quote is everywhere. I picked Planet F1 because it is the British version of the Spanish As. Biased to the max.

I don't think it proves that the team treats them unequally, of course. It does prove that Ron is not at his finest hour. He should have been more careful with his words, keeping in mind the atmosphere inside his own team. It might be just a freudian slip, but Ron should know better than let thess kind of things happen.

Yep, the quote proves little, apart from the already obvious (Ron loves Lewis more than Alonso).

Yes exactly (to everyone above!). I think it proves what we already knew: that Ron wants Lewis to win. But that doesn't mean Nando doesn't get equal machinery etc.

Source

Thanks for the confirmation of the quote. I think Ron said exactly what he meant to say. Notice in the quote he says 'we' (the team) weren't racing Kimi then he says 'he' (Hamilton) was racing Alonso. That makes a world of difference when using this quote to say Ron Dennis is against Alonso.

Thanks for the confirmation of the quote. I think Ron said exactly what he meant to say. Notice in the quote he says 'we' (the team) weren't racing Kimi then he says 'he' (Hamilton) was racing Alonso. That makes a world of difference when using this quote to say Ron Dennis is against Alonso.

Actually your interpretation of RD's words makes sense to me, too. I don't know, of course if it was just a mistake or, like you said, a way of saying that Kimi was not a factor. Without hearing the actual tone of voice or at least have a complete transcripction before that statement is hard to judge.

Any championship; any driver you can find faults. Those faults seem to fade into the background once the battle is done. Look at Schumacher, I've seen a sway of attitude from dislike to indifference now he has retired.

Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton have all made mistakes, but the last few races are the most important and whoever can hold it together to take the WDC deserves it. Be it Hamilton, Alonso or Raikkonen.

For some reason I have high confidence that Hamilton will win at Sao Paulo next week! Kimi is hopefull & as for Alonso, possibly 2nd best!

yes this has more probability....

what if there is an engine change and 10 grid penalty to lewis :clap3: ....if its for alonso or kimi then it is different....

if lewis wins :nono1: i will say...

-- lewis blocked alonso during qualifying didnt obey team orders but after all drama alonso was penalised

-- lewis was excluded by fia in the incident invloved japanese gp behind safety car but vettel was penalised

-- he won with a car powered by ferrari details

-- mclaren were stripped of constructor points but mclaren drivers are allowed to carry points...earlier incidents if team found guilty then both constructor and driver points are stripped but fia decided to allow lewis create history....so this win is to be neglected...

if only lewis lose :clap3: ....then i will say a rookie cannot handle pressure even after fia gave him full support....

lewis lost ....but i shud say the engine trouble cost him the points and not the pressure...