Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

This Will Make Your Blood Boil...

...if you are a lewisteric. Check out the article from the TimesOnline:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_one...l-sharps-v.html

-------------------------------------------------

October 10, 2007

John L Sharp's view of Fernando vs Lewis

EG writes: John L Sharp drives a Ferrari, supports Ferrari and reads this blog. A disinterested observer then. Here is his analysis of the key moments of the season which he sent in as a comment and reply to Chris.

MONACO: where this muddle started. Team orders were issued (to slow down) to preserve the engine for the next race (when Alonso, after 2nd pit stop had a +10sec advantage on Hamilton and close to 1 min on Massa). Alonso limited his car rpm down to 17000 rpm. Hamilton "failed" to listen and his complaint initiated an FIA investigation. No foul play. Alonso faster than Hamilton!

INDIANAPOLIS: No orders were given to reduce rpms. Alonso was undoubtedly faster than Hamilton. Alonso tried just once to overtake Hamilton. Failed, but his reaction in the following lap suggested that maybe, just maybe, he was stopped from trying again by team orders. At least this would have been the consensus amongst English press should that have happened the other way round!! Alonso did not "request" the FIA to investigate what to everyone's eyes was more suspicious than what had "happened" in MONACO. Yes, Hamilton won the US GP (but Alonso outpaced Hamilton there!)And this includes all way throughout Q1, Q2 and Q3, until the very last extra flying lap (as also occurred previously in Canada).And we know that this season, apart from when there is a mechanical failure or significant human error, P1 is equivalent to victory (that's why enjoying that extra flying lap in Q3 is soooo important - with less fuel)

MAGNY-COURS: mechanical problems for Alonso with the gear change system and suspension hydraulics or electronics. I can't remember now. No foul play. Probably bad luck?. Hamilton faster than Alonso!

SILVERSTONE: pole for Hamilton (this was clearly planned to satisfy British supporters). We know what happened after. Alonso faster than Hamilton!

NURBURGRING: Hamilton's incident. Alonso had the same problem with his car. Only he was luckier. I could not compare performances as Hamilton may have been physically in a poorer condition. But I have to give Alonso the benefit of the doubt in this one. Alonso faster than Hamilton!

HUNGARORING: the second incident. Naughty boys (both Hamilton and Alonso)! Alonso actually was faster when he did his best lap (faster than Hamilton with same fuel loads). Of course, Hamilton intentions were to steal Alonso's extra lap knowing than P1= Victory in here. He wanted to enjoy that extra flying lap (and with less fuel load) so it was likely he could have improved Alonso's lap. But on equal levels of fuel Alonso was faster. And do not forget, it was Alonso’s turn to enjoy the extra flying lap (Hamilton prevented him from doing so). FIA sanction absolutely inappropriate. Hamilton should now have 2 points less and Alonso 5 more (as surely Alonso would have won that race and Hamilton would have finished 2nd or third). Unfortunately for Alonso, the "judges" were a British, a German and a Chinese (it is like having an English referee in the World Cup Final between England and Spain - biased decision!). Curiously same British guy that investigated the Japanese SC mess.

TURKEY: relatively bad luck for Hamilton. Maybe he was pushing too hard and not looking after his tyres properly. Relatively because luckily for him, the tyre burst two or three corners before pit entry so he was able to finish 5th. However, Hamilton was faster!

MONZA: Alonso faster. As simple as that!

SPA: Alonso faster. As simple as that! Poisonous strategy (Hamilton 5 extra laps 2nd stint). Not investigated by FIA. Hamilton's lack of speed prevented him from overtaking Alonso. Naughty Ron .

JAPAN: Alonso's accident. Difficult weather conditions! Erratic driving behind SC. FIA does not sanction Hamilton. Abnormal real tyre pressures after 1st pit stop. Overinflation. However, let's say that Hamilton was faster than Alonso, and luckier!

CHINA: Alonso faster than Hamilton, except Q3 by 0.6 sec! Tyre pressures used in Q3 appear to be overheated causing increase of pressure, measured at 1.5 psi - normally 0.2 psi. Max Mosley and FIA are aware of this and highly suspicious. Foul play, however, would be difficult to prove. Hamilton faster in Q3, but is that real or due to some sort of manipulation? The race as expected. From P1 usually you will maintain the momentum (independently of who you are). Poor tyre treatment: Hamilton was clearly abusing intermediate tyres, driving over dried tarmac, overheating and gradually destroying them. Yes, you get more speed that way but the life span greatly diminishes. And he paid for it. Bad luck, though.

FINALLY: There have been circuits were Alonso has been clearly faster during free practice, Q1, Q2 and most of Q3 until the very last lap, when Hamilton with the extra flying lap (less fuel, do not forget) has secured P1 –. The Team, since Canada, has been clearly helping strategically Hamilton's interests and Alonso is not stupid and realises that. One now wonders whether a “magic” hand has been playing little tricks on Alonso. Nothing surprises me these days.

CONCLUSION: Maybe everybody was expecting Alonso to run easily away with the title. However, once the Team realised that Hamilton was very good, strategy changed to silently benefit/favour the McLaren breed driver. Proof for this is that the number of extra flying laps that Hamilton has enjoyed is 7 against 2 of Alonso (at the beginning of the season). And after Brazil it surely will be 8 against 2. And we know that overtaking is not easy these days (so there are huge team interests on securing P1, and surely this is the aim of McLaren for Hamilton in Brazil). This can be achieved by giving Hamilton once more the extra flying lap and if he struggles, maybe overcooking certain drivers rubber.

Equality is a nice word, but from now on it sounds to me like pathological thinking coming from Ron's mouth.

I just can’t imagine how difficult it has been for Alonso to keep focused (and I could extend on the psychological war launched by McLaren against Alonso after Monza, including Hamilton's comments (always under the protection of Ron).

If you ask me, I would love to see Kimi Raikonnen getting this one. But if Alonso wins, no doubt it will be a great and well-deserved achievement. Frankly, if Kimi fails, I would enjoy Alonso clinching this one.

I do not trust Ron, I do not trust McLaren, I do not trust Hamilton.

And the last stupid comments (by Ron Dennis) reinforce my well established, deep-rooted opinion.

And yes, I support Ferrari (and luckily for me, I even drive one)

Brazil, here I come!!

-------------------------------------------------

Do read the entire article, here or at the source. You don't have to agree with it. I don't myself.

Will the lewisterics reply infuriated (as usual) or will they pretend it away (just as usual)?

FIArrari fans are siding with Alonso because FIArrari fans hate McLaren. So NO he's not "a disinterested observer"

And you are very very very very biased commentator on that. Probably still missing few hundered very ;) I do agree with gist of it, Mclaren moved support to Hamilton over course of the season.

And you are very very very very biased commentator on that. Probably still missing few hundered very ;) I do agree with gist of it, Mclaren moved support to Hamilton over course of the season.

I cannot agree more with the originator of this post.. Ditto :clap3:

Will the lewisterics reply infuriated (as usual) or will they pretend it away (just as usual)?

All you are saying there is 'heads I win, tails you lose'. How can both types of response be 'usual' ?

If Hamilton has benefitted from having that many more extra flying laps than Alosno in Q3 qualifying over the course of the season then I would have to say that something is definitely unequal about the treatment that Alosno has been getting. And if this is the case, Alonso will indeed be a very worthy 2007 world champion because he will have had to struggle against immense psychological and strategic pressure placed on him by Ron Dennis.

I feel that whenever Alonso is faster than Hamilton, Hamilton is dragged through the dirt, then when Hamilton is faster than Alonso, Alonso makes a whinge, and then when Hamilton makes a mistake, his just a useless rookie!

I'll probally cop it but thats the way that I feel.

Pure and simple, If Alonso was faster he would be leading the WDC and wouldn't need luck to win it.

Everything else is subjective semantics

FIArrari fans are siding with Alonso because FIArrari fans hate McLaren. So NO he's not "a disinterested observer"

How about Kimi vs Massa in Ferrari?

Should be even more ridiculous such as forgot to put fuel in, start with different tyres, different fuel strategy, ... :blahblah1: ... :blahblah1: ... :blahblah1: .

To be honest, Ferrari is far worse than McLaren.

All you are saying there is 'heads I win, tails you lose'. How can both types of response be 'usual' ?

:lol: Exactly.

Also you could say the same about his original post above. He's given us an example of the British press defending Alonso, but of course it will make no difference to the people who claim the press is the cause of all the trouble.

Just for the record, I've always said Alonso is the best driver in the world (now MS has gone) and that he deserves this title. I only say this because most posters assume that as we're english we can't admit something like that, even though I say it at every opportunity.

However, Hamilton is a rookie. I must say I think all this talk from the Spaniards and Nando fanatics is pathetic. Whatever happens this year, Alonso's reputation has suffered enormously. He's been run damn close (whatever the inner team dynamics) by a complete novice in (at least almost) equal machines.

Pure and simple, If Alonso was faster he would be leading the WDC and wouldn't need luck to win it.

Yes, and even Nando has said the better driver will win and that Lewis would deserve it if he wins. (Even I wouldn't go that far but there we are!)

As "semantic" as the screencap following the link below?

http://bayimg.com/PaHhMAAbI

I have also attached it for your viewing pleasure. I was just watching the Monaco GP when I noticed Hamilton driving over the white line after leaving his second pitstop. Of course, that should have resulted in a penality... except that in Hamilton's case, well, it didn't.

So, here is the picture of Hamilton right on top of the line. Can the lewisterics explain it satisfactorily or is this another case of "semantics"?

As "semantic" as the screencap following the link below?

http://bayimg.com/PaHhMAAbI

I have also attached it for your viewing pleasure. I was just watching the Monaco GP when I noticed Hamilton driving over the white line after leaving his second pitstop. Of course, that should have resulted in a penality... except that in Hamilton's case, well, it didn't.

So, here is the picture of Hamilton right on top of the line. Can the lewisterics explain it satisfactorily or is this another case of "semantics"?

Exactly how are we mean to know that it is when Lewis was leaving his pitstop ?

Besides crossing the white line is the infringement.

:lol: Exactly.

Poor Murray, your desperation is hilarious. You cannot have coffee or tea usually but never milk. Well, what is certain is that you usually pretend away or deny what you cannot argue. Hilarious.

Also you could say the same about his original post above. He's given us an example of the British press defending Alonso, but of course it will make no difference to the people who claim the press is the cause of all the trouble.

That's the best you can do? Argue that not all British are lewisterics and that some are reasonable? Duh.

Just for the record, I've always said Alonso is the best driver in the world (now MS has gone) and that he deserves this title.

Two lines below you will start crapping on Alonso. There is no doubt about it.

I only say this because most posters assume that as we're english we can't admit something like that, even though I say it at every opportunity.

If you have this low opinion of yourself and the British, it is your problem.

However, Hamilton is a rookie.

This looks like the turning point. Alonso's bashing is about to start.

I must say I think all this talk from the Spaniards and Nando fanatics is pathetic.

Lewisterics and Alonsomaniacs, one and the same.

Whatever happens this year, Alonso's reputation has suffered enormously.

Here it goes.

Yep, RD has tried to dump all the hatred he can on Alonso but only the likes of you are buying it.

He's been run damn close (whatever the inner team dynamics) by a complete novice in (at least almost) equal machines.

You claim. You wish. You simply don't know.

Yes, and even Nando has said the better driver will win and that Lewis would deserve it if he wins. (Even I wouldn't go that far but there we are!)

Of course, Hamilton deserves to win. So does Alonso. So does Kimi. Hell, even Massa deserves it somehow.

If it weren't for RD, McLaren, and FIA, a win by Hamilton would also be fair.

Exactly how are we mean to know that it is when Lewis was leaving his pitstop ?

Besides crossing the white line is the infringement.

All you have to do is follow the link, look up the lap number at the top and see who pitted when.

Not necessary though. We know it is Hamilton because if it would have been Alonso, he would have been penalized.

ttile " this will make your blood boil"

......well its not boiling....because its truth....

for lewis fan i wud recommend them to be cool like lewis ...because lewis recently said he is cooler than ice man kimi....

ovearll comment

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll

Yep, RD has tried to dump all the hatred he can on Alonso but only the likes of you are buying it.

Yep, me and Renault. Here's Pat Symonds saying Lewis has exposed Nando's weakness. No doubt Symonds being British will favour Lewis too. :lol:

You claim. You wish. You simply don't know.

Nope I do know. Nando told me.

All you have to do is follow the link, look up the lap number at the top and see who pitted when.

Not necessary though. We know it is Hamilton because if it would have been Alonso, he would have been penalized.

What the hell are you talkin about?

Hamilton ran along the YELLOW line which is legal, just so long as the whole tyre hasn't crossed the YELLOW line then it is perfectally legal.

Check the rule book!

Ahh, I see, so nobody could actually fake that then ?

Also, what proves this is Lewis, by the way ?

And again, it is crossing the line that is the infringement.

Bravo Monza! :P:beer22::cheers::clap3::congrats:

At times like these I feel kinda embarrassed about being a Nando fan :blush:

Don't be Andres, besides I don't think maure is even a Nando fan, he's a Kimi fan, I think.

:lol: There's no need. Every successful driver like Alonso has fans like maure tbh. And every successful driver like Lewis has haters too.

And neither do you.

That is the point buddy, WE DON'T KNOW. We should be able to asume that there was "equality" but we can't.

Yep, me and Renault. Here's Pat Symonds saying Lewis has exposed Nando's weakness. No doubt Symonds being British will favour Lewis too. :lol:

Nope I do know. Nando told me.

Your word on Symonds' alliances, not mine. Shtty service you do to your countrymen.

Regarding Alonso's comments, go find another that says the opposite and you will find out why I hardly ever (if at all) get into what drivers say.

What the hell are you talkin about?

Hamilton ran along the YELLOW line which is legal, just so long as the whole tyre hasn't crossed the YELLOW line then it is perfectally legal.

Check the rule book!

Actually, do tell me which rule it is. This is not a challenge, I am just curious.

It is always the same. Touch Hamilton and people up go in flames.

:clap3:

Don't be Andres, besides I don't think maure is even a Nando fan, he's a Kimi fan, I think.

You got that right!!

:lol: There's no need. Every successful driver like Alonso has fans like maure tbh. And every successful driver like Lewis has haters too.

Please don't cry.