Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silas Talbot

Alonso To Renault!!!

Good point Brad. She's prettier than I remember.

PS Interesting dress she's wearing. The lower half is an unusual style, at least for Britain. Very nice!

Crackpot theories Unite!

Alonso to Toyota, Ralf or Fisi to be #2 to Hamilton, Piquet Jr. at Renault alongside Heikki, and to top it all off, Narain Karthikeyan and NUR ALI from Pakistan at Force India!

Who's With Me!

Nur Ali is actually American-born and would race as an American. It's similar to Graham Rahal driving for Team Lebanon in A1. There were no good Pakistani or Lebanese drivers, so they took foreigners with Pakistani and Lebanese heritage.

:lol: Oh it cut me to the quick Elgo! :injured:

I know.

Well technically Jay isn't really an Alonso fan, but that's hardly the point. I wouldn't wish Eric's advances on anyone. :P

:lol:I was talking about me,not about Jay.I was jealous of their love. :P

Jay's such a weird perv. He always flirts with you. Elgo loves Jay, Jay loves Elgo, Elgo loves Jay, Jay loves Elgo...first ever TF1 marriage...

hush!Shut up or we won't invite you to the wedding! :nono1:

I'm an ex-Nando fan, I'd know, we do have feelings...I have two: hungry and horny.

:clap3:

It still baffles me senseless how he has positioned himself to be contemplating a backward step; a retro move. It is negative and defeatest in the extreme. It damages his reputation in a way that (if he goes there) i don't think he fully understands. If he does understand it makes him more stupid than i thought. Such a let down.

Actually I'm with you on this. Perhaps he sees himself as "doing a Schumacher" and developing the Renault back to top form? the risk is that he could "do a Damon" like when he went to Arrows which effectively was his swansong. OK, to be fair comparing Renault to Arrows is a bit harsh and they are unlikely to go down the same route.... however I do agree it is a backward step currently.

The wise decision, I believe would be to go to BMW (as they are on the up) or Red Bull (as they have Ferrari links and he could take a year out before joining Ferrari-proper). Or take a year out (but that has risks too - look how Schumacher has struggled to keep in touch in his advisory capacity, unless he does not race but just does testing/development and that would be humiliating).

In my (humble) opinion, BMW would be the only safe option, but of course he would have to persuade them when they have already made their mind up.

I know.

:lol:I was talking about me,not about Jay.I was jealous of their love. :P

I know too! :lol: Mind you, at least someone has taken Eric off my hands.

PS See Eric? I left you an obvious come back!

As hilarious as it is to attempt a pathetic insult on somebody you don't even know by insinuating they're gay, don't do it. You look like an intolerant, protofascist idiot.

:lol: Lighten up.

:lol: Lighten up.

Yup, we have our resident gay (well, bi) person here, King Ben. And we don't hate him for being gay.

We hate him for loving Girls Aloud, though.

Yup, we have our resident gay (well, bi) person here, King Ben. And we don't hate him for being gay.

We hate him for loving Girls Aloud, though.

Amen to that.

Crackpot theories Unite!

Alonso to Toyota, Ralf or Fisi to be #2 to Hamilton, Piquet Jr. at Renault alongside Heikki, and to top it all off, Narain Karthikeyan and NUR ALI from Pakistan at Force India!

Who's With Me!

A Pakistani driving for Force India???? :wacko:

100% agree.

And maure, to answer your question the web reveals there was a guy called Mike Buettler who raced for March in the seventies who was openly gay. Although the term "openly" probably changes with the times; I'd imagine in the seventies it was "known but not discussed".

That is interesting. Thanks for the lookup.

I suppose it is the same situation with the black drivers and the need to closet them as Hamilton's hype showed up. Wasn't there a Caribbean black driver a while back?

So back on topic, I understand that Flavio put a Tuesday deadline on Nando's option to drive for renault again. I can't find any info on wether this option has now been closed. Any info on this anyone? Or maybe it was Tuesday of next week :eusa_think:

So back on topic, I understand that Flavio put a Tuesday deadline on Nando's option to drive for renault again. I can't find any info on wether this option has now been closed. Any info on this anyone? Or maybe it was Tuesday of this week :eusa_think:

I would have it a guess it's next Tuesday (13th) considering that the story broke on a Tuesday. Apparently the Renault contract has been forwarded onto Fernando's manager (Luis Garcia) to have Fernando to sign.

I would have it a guess it's next Tuesday (13th) considering that the story broke on a Tuesday. Apparently the Renault contract has been forwarded onto Fernando's manager (Luis Garcia) to have Fernando to sign.

Aha! Of course, cheers Nathan :thbup:

Well it looks like Williams is out of the question for Alonso-

Williams set to announce 2008 drivers

Nov.7 (GMM) British formula one team Williams will on Wednesday or Thursday announce its race driver lineup for the 2008 season.

It is strongly suggested that the Oxfordshire based outfit will confirm Nico Rosberg's existing contract for next year.

Racing in 2008 alongside the impressive 22-year-old German, who had been mentioned as a leading contender to replace Fernando Alonso at McLaren next year, will be Japanese rookie Kazuki Nakajima.

Nakajima, 22, is solidly backed by Williams' engine supplier Toyota, and he made his grand prix debut in Brazil last month after replacing Alex Wurz, who entered premature retirement just prior to the 2007 season finale.

Source

I reckon it has to be either Renault or Toyota for Alonso. Surely if he tries to go to RBR Flav will have a spat and threaten to keep his engines to himself??

F1-Live are reporting Nando is very close to signing to Renault, with an option of leaving after 2008 if performance is not delivered.

Alonso to Renault makes sense. Alonso v Kimi v Hamilton for the title, wahoo!

Makes perfect sense. Do not leave those BMWs

Oh christ, now it seems Lonsy's manager has met with Mateschitz, the Red Bull magnate.

all indications point to the fact the dude WAS actually fired from Mclaren...

all indications point to the fact the dude WAS actually fired from Mclaren...

Unlikely, unless you know something that we don

I believe Ron Dennis to be an honest man, and his version to me rings true...

On the whole, I do too.