Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUschumi

Another Ridiculous Move By Fia In Favour Of Ferrari.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/6972.html

FIA official set to oversee McLaren in Brazil

The FIA plans to appoint a special official at next weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix to ensure that McLaren's Fernando Alonso and team mate Lewis Hamilton receive equal treatment. Hamilton and Alonso are separated by just four points in the standings, ahead of the title showdown at the Interlagos circuit.

On Wednesday, McLaren released a statement reiterating their commitment to driver equality. The British squad confirmed that their policy of treating Alonso and Hamilton equally, in terms of car, engine, tactics and use of resources, would continue at the Brazilian race.

As well as the McLaren duo, Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen is also in contention for the drivers' title. Raikkonen has 100 world championship points - seven shy of Hamilton's tally and just three adrift of Alonso's.

-------------------------------------------

McLaren must make sure of equal treatment to win the driver championship (to avoid tailor-made type of penalty) but Ferrari don't need since no special scrutineer or instruction from FIA to Ferrari.

I think Ferrari can focus on Kimi with 80% of resources allocated to him and 20% only to Massa. :lol:

Another ridiculous move by FIA in favour of Ferrari. McLaren must win with 50:50 treatment and Ferrari is not specificallly restricted.

To be fair, FIA shall apply the same rule to Ferrari to ensure Massa receives 50:50 treatment but such fairness will not happen under Max Mosley and Jean Todt supremacy. :(:(:(

The FIA plans to appoint a special official at next weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix to ensure that McLaren's Fernando Alonso and team mate Lewis Hamilton receive equal treatment. Hamilton and Alonso are separated by just four points in the standings, ahead of the title showdown at the Interlagos circuit.

On Wednesday, McLaren released a statement reiterating their commitment to driver equality. The British squad confirmed that their policy of treating Alonso and Hamilton equally, in terms of car, engine, tactics and use of resources, would continue at the Brazilian race.

As well as the McLaren duo, Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen is also in contention for the drivers' title. Raikkonen has 100 world championship points - seven shy of Hamilton's tally and just three adrift of Alonso's.

McLaren must make sure of equal treatment to win the driver championship (to avoid tailor-made type of penalty) but Ferrari don't need since no special scrutineer or instruction from FIA to Ferrari.

I think Ferrari can focus on Kimi with 80% of resources allocated to him and 20% only to Massa. :lol:

Another ridiculous move by FIA in favour of Ferrari. McLaren must win with 50:50 treatment and Ferrari is not specificallly restricted.

To be fair, FIA shall apply the same rule to Ferrari to ensure Massa receives 50:50 treatment but such fairness will not happen under Max Mosley and Jean Todt supremacy. :(:(:(

Will you for the sake of %$

ummm I think you have completely missed the point of this... The whole reason they are doing this is because both Lewis and Alonso have a chance of winning the WDC. At ferrari only Raikkonen has the possibility of winning the WDC so why would the FIA need to oversee ferrari? And I really can't see how the FIA overlooking Mclaren is favouring ferrari, if anything it would enable Mclaren to do better because they won't let them screw up Alonso's race.

Screw it, I'm tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDKcX0Ji90

ummm I think you have completely missed the point of this... The whole reason they are doing this is because both Lewis and Alonso have a chance of winning the WDC. At ferrari only Raikkonen has the possibility of winning the WDC so why would the FIA need to oversee ferrari? And I really can't see how the FIA overlooking Mclaren is favouring ferrari, if anything it would enable Mclaren to do better because they won't let them screw up Alonso's race.

Yep exactly. Only kimi has the chance to win the WDC. We have been discussing this for the past few weeks now. I'm suprised to hear him saying it should be 50-50 at ferrari.

Wow....Are you serious?? How anti Ferrari are you. Have you ever been raped by a Ferrari employee? Where you ever insulted by Ferrari. Were you ever a Ferrari empolyee and got fired. Is your name Nigel? Are you owed any money by Ferrari. If you answer no to any of the above questions then you have some issues. I read your posts all the time as you ammuse me. You have been doing pretty well. But this one just ruins everything. :nono1::nono1::nono1:

You all make me laugh. You just attack him because you are either Kimi or Ferrari fans.

As silly as it may seem the guy is RIGHT!

FIArrari will not only interfere again in the championship fight but will also cause distraction at McLaren in the crucial race.

At the same time, Ferrari will work without any pressure while pressure on McLaren is now immense. Why didn't they appoint a scrutineer even in China? Think guys, think

Some mod should check IP addies if not one person behind both :P

Anyways, this is aftershock of Alonso part in the spy incident amplified with China P3 qualification incident.

EDIT: Btw Fu, in order for Raikkonen to have a chance he pretty much needs Massa 2nd (or Alonso out of race). So in other words Ferrari needs both drivers at their best.

You all make me laugh. You just attack him because you are either Kimi or Ferrari fans.

FIArrari will not only interfere again in the championship fight but will also cause distraction at McLaren in the crucial race.

At the same time, Ferrari will work without any pressure while pressure on McLaren is now immense. Why didn't they appoint a scrutineer even in China? Think guys, think

You want me to think? Well, here's what I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDKcX0Ji90

Thanks. I'm quite fond of that quote, especially after this jackass on another messageboard said I'd be worthless for the rest of my life because he said I'd be a pot smoker.

Can you notice all fans of all teams are against your "glorious" posts?? Ask any other fan except yourself(FUSchumi) and 95% of the forum will say your both posts are stupid... Try a poll if you dare...

Aha! So that's where I'd heard that paragraph you type before, love that film.

Which movie is it from??

Here's a thought for you by Lauda....:

Lauda: I`m sure it was Alonso`s idea

Niki Lauda reckons it was Fernando Alonso who came up with the idea for a FIA scrutineer to watch over McLaren in Brazil.

Earlier this week it was revealed that the FIA would be sending a special scrutineer to the season-ending grand prix in order to ensure that both McLaren drivers get equal treatment during the title showdown.

The FIA made the decision after a request from the head of the Spanish motorsport federation Carlos Gracia, who will also be attending the race.

However, Lauda, a former F1 Champion, reckons the initial idea for the watchdog came from Alonso.

"I think that Fernando Alonso could have put the idea into their head," he told the Bild newspaper.

Meanwhile the Austrian has warned Alonso to expect a play hardball with McLaren team boss Ron Dennis when they finally sit down to discusses his future with the team.

"Ron is not an easy man but I always knew the limit, I cannot damage my sponsors or the people who pay my money," he told Reuters.

"It will be interesting to see what happens after Brazil."

Already some newspapers are reporting that Alonso is on his way to Renault next season, although this has been denied by the team who called the reports "speculation".

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=231990

Somehow I don't expect the usual "Lauda is a small man and should just STFU" that JV or Webber get...

Lauda gives Nando too much credit. I think it's just a case of jealousy. Lauda wants some of the eyebrows Nando has.

Here's a thought for you by Lauda....:

Lauda: I`m sure it was Alonso`s idea

Niki Lauda reckons it was Fernando Alonso who came up with the idea for a FIA scrutineer to watch over McLaren in Brazil.

Earlier this week it was revealed that the FIA would be sending a special scrutineer to the season-ending grand prix in order to ensure that both McLaren drivers get equal treatment during the title showdown.

The FIA made the decision after a request from the head of the Spanish motorsport federation Carlos Gracia, who will also be attending the race.

However, Lauda, a former F1 Champion, reckons the initial idea for the watchdog came from Alonso.

"I think that Fernando Alonso could have put the idea into their head," he told the Bild newspaper.

Meanwhile the Austrian has warned Alonso to expect a play hardball with McLaren team boss Ron Dennis when they finally sit down to discusses his future with the team.

"Ron is not an easy man but I always knew the limit, I cannot damage my sponsors or the people who pay my money," he told Reuters.

"It will be interesting to see what happens after Brazil."

Already some newspapers are reporting that Alonso is on his way to Renault next season, although this has been denied by the team who called the reports "speculation".

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=231990

Great news for thoses Ferrari haters, I guess that form now on they will wait before posting the first thought that come to their minds.

Putting all the fan-stuff and politics to one side for a mo - one of the things that occurred to me is how the scrutineer is actually going to make a judgment. e.g. it is not uncommon for teams to have team-mates on a different fuel/tyre strategy, to have different car setups or in the course of the race, to make decisions based upon the racing at that point in time.

Now unless the cars, fuel-loads and strategy are identical (which would be impossible in practice), there is inevitably going to be a difference between the cars which favour one or other of the drivers.

So how can the FIA make a judgment if Alonso has been treated fairly/equally in a situation, say where they go out on different compound tyres and for example one compound favours Hamilton? Would they judge this as unfair treatment? What measures do they use? Or are McLaren going to have use identical setups and strategies (within reason)? How does the FIA set a benchmark on what is fair? How can it be measured?

Again ignoring the tired old arguments about Alonso v. Hamilton, is it fair? etc my own feeling from a sporting perspective is that this is a dangerous precedent as it will inevitably force McLaren to play it safe (probably more so than they would normally) and this may put them at a competitive disadvantage to Ferrari/BMW who have free rein to adopt any strategies they wish (even if it means being unfair to their second driver). If I were one of the other teams, in fact I would put the drivers on vastly different strategies as this could give opportunities to take advantage of McLaren's necessary caution. The overall effect, whilst fair to both McLaren drivers could mean less competitive racing and more risk of FIA seizing on a perceived advantage to Hamilton which could screw up the end results. I am not particularly a fan of either driver or Ferrari, but just dismayed that the FIA are tinkering and this tinkering could have a negative effect.