Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Hahahahah

There's De Ferran's 241 mph lap.

I was there that weekend. That was when at ChampCar (CART) pit pass still meant you could get into the pits, all over in the garage and paddock ... Good stuff.

The race was rained out on Sunday; I ended up "watching" it on live timing and scoring from work.

"So please do remember that bashing stock cars is pointless, as they are just as capable as F1 cars."

As far as you want to corner the beast... But never mind farmacology is very strong and bring new development to us every week... maybe they

Question of the day:

How does an 800-hp, 3600-lb stock car run times almost as fast as an 800-hp, 1200-lb F1 car? That does not make sense to me.

The answer to that question lies in aerodynamics.

F1 car has got really big downforce even without the rear wing, but when you create downforce you also get turbulence and that means really big drag coefiicient. For example regular road car has drag coefficient od about 0,3 , big bus or truck has about 0,9, F1 car about 0,9- 1,0 (it creates less drag than a bus because of it's smaller frontal area but still huge). So that's why F1 car is deaccelerating faster from high speeds (without use of brakes) than normal road car that is braking and that's why it can't really go faster than that dodge in a straight line.