Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milaszewski

Who's Gonna Be Hamilton's Teammate Next Year?

Good question ..................................... I'll get back to you on that one :D

@AJ I still find it hard to believe that money would be a factor in who McLaren choose as a driver if the situation comes about that Fernando leaves happens the team. Lewis isn't costing alot even if he wins the Championship the money left over from whatever they are paying Fernando would be more than enough to lure a talented driver or pay out an existing contract to a team to get the driver they want.

Yeah Paffet? interesting.

I would love too see Jenson get the seat, Britain's old no1 up against Britain's new no1. would be fancinating to watch also button has only had one true blue top car in his career, and it came in the year that Ferrari smashed em.

So he deserves to be back up there changelling the leaders, it feels as though something is missing this year because he is in the mid field.

But Nico should get the seat barring that Williams will let him go, and they may if the right amount of money came along.

Heres a good question from me for once:

But back in 1986 when Keke Rosberg was a Mclaren driver, he had a mersriable season,he finished 6th in the standings whilst Team mate Prost won the title, and Prost back then was Mclaren's favourite son, like Lewis is now, and Keke retired at the end of the year.

does anyone here think that Keke would be advising Nico not to sign for Mclaren in the fear that the same could happen to his son?

outside bet on Kovalainen.

Ron Likes Fast Finns.

after I read a thread here that suggested they should get en experienced second driver, I've been considering Fisi.

but they could uss the drivers they already have, pedro or paffett, for sure...

Well, narrow it down...

As of today, won't be Massa.

So.... it could be.......Alonso?????

How about Lewis's dad?

The cult can do a better job protecting the Mightyone from the red and white (BMWs) next season. <_<

Oh George, you're so opinionated.

I know, not like those buggers who sit on the fence. Actually, when I start to think about it, I'm not sure that I'm not sure, I'm starting to think it'll be Alonso or Heikki or some other driver. So many choices, can't I pick more than one? Oh please mister, please.

Good question ..................................... I'll get back to you on that one :D

@AJ I still find it hard to believe that money would be a factor in who McLaren choose as a driver if the situation comes about that Fernando leaves happens the team. Lewis isn't costing alot even if he wins the Championship the money left over from whatever they are paying Fernando would be more than enough to lure a talented driver or pay out an existing contract to a team to get the driver they want.

Maybe your right with this one... But the question always comes who?? Which rookie would want to start as no2 to another rookie(effectivly)??? i think Kova and Nico will not come.. Button is foolishly being loyal to Honda and i don't think he would like to be no2..., So that leaves only a new guy, and new guys are cheap....................

QED

@elgo,

Alonso has never said he will be in Mclaren next year, whenever the question arisis, he says i will decide after this season, if you are committed to a team you do not ned the season to end to decide to remain in the same team...(if you remember in 05, Alonso signed 1 year in advance to go to Mclaren....1 full year)

Maybe your right with this one... But the question always comes who?? Which rookie would want to start as no2 to another rookie(effectivly)??? i think Kova and Nico will not come.. Button is foolishly being loyal to Honda and i don't think he would like to be no2..., So that leaves only a new guy, and new guys are cheap....................

But remember AJ, Mclaren has no number 1 and number 2 status within the team. So Jenson would be given every opportunity to race Lewis head to head and visa versa.

I would like Jenson to get the seat at McLaren if it happens to become available. However McLaren wouldn't really find it ideal to have two British drivers that's why Nico being German (thus keeping Mercedes Benz happy) would be the first choice but Frank has stated in the past that Nico is a major asset for his racing team and if he where to let him go it would be for a very very large sum of money.

But remember AJ, Mclaren has no number 1 and number 2 status within the team. So Jenson would be given every opportunity to race Lewis head to head and visa versa.

I would like Jenson to get the seat at McLaren if it happens to become available. However McLaren wouldn't really find it ideal to have two British drivers that's why Nico being German (thus keeping Mercedes Benz happy) would be the first choice but Frank has stated in the past that Nico is a major asset for his racing team and if he where to let him go it would be for a very very large sum of money.

mclaren will have lewis at no 1... just because you haven't robbed a bank; doesn't mean you wont....

we have to remember lewis is mclaren's prodigy and in his first year he performed at the same level as the only WDC in the field...

I feel from now on, Lewis is Mclaren's defacto number 1........

mclaren will have lewis at no 1... just because you haven't robbed a bank; doesn't mean you wont....

we have to remember lewis is mclaren's prodigy and in his first year he performed at the same level as the only WDC in the field...

I feel from now on, Lewis is Mclaren's defacto number 1........

Yes, I see where your coming from in saying that Lewis will always have a special place in the hearts of the McLaren team especially Ron, but I believe McLaren when they say both drivers receive equal treatment and there is no number 1 in the team.

whos ready to play second fiddle to this rookie ....errr to be world champ....

rosberg , paffet,ralf,fisi,alonso .........

paffet :no idea

fisi has also done this job but he is old guy....

ralf: will accept to play second fiddle but he will break toys so dangerous....

alonso: he cant be becoz he is thrown out since he didnt support lewis

rosberg: yes: my vote is for rosberg (Rosberg backs Hamilton for 2007 crown -> http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=232464 ) becoz he has already started praising and supporting lewis...so he got the qualification to be a mclaren team mate for lewis

Yes, I see where your coming from in saying that Lewis will always have a special place in the hearts of the McLaren team especially Ron, but I believe McLaren when they say both drivers receive equal treatment and there is no number 1 in the team.

All i am trying to say is that this statement may have been true before Lewis entered F1, after that Mclaren team has changed and i think Lewis will emerge as the new number 1...