Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

End Of Speculation

No Alonso for Ferrari :clap3:

Hopefully Massa will be a good nr2 driver for Kimi from now onwards...... :naughty:

Massa to stay at Ferrari through 2010

By Matt Beer Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 09:54 GMT

Ferrari have announced that they have extended Felipe Massa's contract until the end of the 2010 season.

There had been rumours that Massa would have to leave the team to make way for Fernando Alonso if the Spaniard split with McLaren after this year, but Ferrari boss Jean Todt dismissed this speculation last month and insisted that the team were committed to Massa and Kimi Raikkonen.

Massa's new deal is also set to end continued suggestions that Alonso could join Ferrari for 2009, when the Brazilian's previous contract would have expired.

Raikkonen's Ferrari deal runs to the end of the 2009 season.

Massa has been contracted to Ferrari since 2001, but was initially placed with the Sauber team.

He was promoted to the Ferrari squad alongside Michael Schumacher last season, and has now taken five victories and eight pole positions for the team.

www.autosport.com

well... i never believed this rumor anyways :) but the renault move sounds pretty possible...

What a relief :beer22: .......... i have to admit i was sweating a lot, about the possibility of FA moving to Ferrari. I can't imagine myself being a Ferrari/FA fan. :P

No Alonso for Ferrari :clap3:

Hopefully Massa will be a good nr2 driver for Kimi from now onwards...... :naughty:

Massa to stay at Ferrari through 2010

By Matt Beer Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 09:54 GMT

Ferrari have announced that they have extended Felipe Massa's contract until the end of the 2010 season.

There had been rumours that Massa would have to leave the team to make way for Fernando Alonso if the Spaniard split with McLaren after this year, but Ferrari boss Jean Todt dismissed this speculation last month and insisted that the team were committed to Massa and Kimi Raikkonen.

Massa's new deal is also set to end continued suggestions that Alonso could join Ferrari for 2009, when the Brazilian's previous contract would have expired.

Raikkonen's Ferrari deal runs to the end of the 2009 season.

Massa has been contracted to Ferrari since 2001, but was initially placed with the Sauber team.

He was promoted to the Ferrari squad alongside Michael Schumacher last season, and has now taken five victories and eight pole positions for the team.

www.autosport.com

Very happy about this- never wanted alonso anyway! hee hee :naughty:

Good on Felipe, he is doing a brillant job at Ferrari.

He is quick, reliable, does tonnes and tonnes of behind the scenes work, and is a great Team player.

And he is a great no1 but now he is out of the Title hunt, he has made a really good number 2, he hasnt complained and has just got along with his job.

He really deserves this, good on him.

Gives Ferrari contuinity too.

Good on Felipe, he is doing a brillant job at Ferrari.

He is quick, reliable, does tonnes and tonnes of behind the scenes work, and is a great Team player.

And he is a great no1 but now he is out of the Title hunt, he has made a really good number 2, he hasnt complained and has just got along with his job.

He really deserves this, good on him.

Gives Ferrari contuinity too.

Point 1: No he's not a great nr 1, he is not consistent enough....

Point 2: No, he has been complaining lately about the prospects of helping Kimi win the WCship, my advice is get use to it as this is what he will be doing for the next few years :D ....

Point 3: Despite having a clear advantage knowing the team and has been there with Micheal, he has failed. I'm not sure if this is really good for ferrari as there are other talents (from Vettel to Sutil to Rosberg, and yes the Quiet One....Luizzi)) :naughty: who might have done a better job than him, unfortunately he is managed by Todt's son...

end of story....

Point 1: No he's not a great nr 1, he is not consistent enough....

Point 2: No, he has been complaining lately about the prospects of helping Kimi win the WCship, my advice is get use to it as this is what he will be doing for the next few years :D ....

Point 3: Despite having a clear advantage knowing the team and has been there with Micheal, he has failed. I'm not sure if this is really good for ferrari as there are other talents (from Vettel to Sutil to Rosberg, and yes the Quiet One....Luizzi)) :naughty: who might have done a better job than him, unfortunately he is managed by Todt's son...

end of story....

I love Massa, but I have to agree on point 1 and 3 not point 2.

I'm not ecstatic. Fair enough.

In the c#ckpit, there are many young drivers who can go as quick if not quicker. But I'm not sure how much they would help with technical feedback and development. You can't risk that especially since Raikkonen isn't exactly the greatest in that department either.

I have to agree with what Fittipaldi said. Someone like Alonso would have brought back what Ferrari lost with Michael's departure. But it would be hard for me for root for that hairy twat. Besides, I want Kimi to be the clear no.1 and he will probably make that more apparent next term.

I'm not ecstatic. Fair enough.

In the c#ckpit, there are many young drivers who can go as quick if not quicker. But I'm not sure how much they would help with technical feedback and development. You can't risk that especially since Raikkonen isn't exactly the greatest in that department either.

I have to agree with what Fittipaldi said. Someone like Alonso would have brought back what Ferrari lost with Michael's departure. But it would be hard for me for root for that hairy twat. Besides, I want Kimi to be the clear no.1 and he will probably make that more apparent next term.

Alonso has minus and plus ..minus leads :naughty:

Massa deserves it. I expect Kimi to hit the ground running next year and beat him on a consistant basis. Massa, to me, has never looked like a team-leading driver.

Massa deserves it. I expect Kimi to hit the ground running next year and beat him on a consistant basis. Massa, to me, has never looked like a team-leading driver.

Agreed. He has won races but still seems erratic in style and performance.

I'm surprised that Ferrari announced it already, but it was a good thing to end the speculation. It still doesn't mean Ferrari can't buy him out of the contract if they should decide so... in all unlikeliness..

Sorry, i know i have been busy but was there really that much speculation that the petulant, disloyal big eyebrowed beaten man was hot property for Ferrari? I bet they had a good laugh at that one, especially Felipe. If Alonso had any chance of heading to Maranello he has firmly destroyed it by his conduct this year.

I have never seen such a talented young man disillusion such a large number of fans by acting the way he has. Such a disappointment and so unnecessary.

If Michael Schumacher's legacy will be his various controversies, surely Fernando's conduct this year will be his.

Massa may not be a natural, but he has done well in a good car. I like his attitude, and I am very happy for him. He is young, and I beleive the team will support both the drivers, only deciding on a nunber one, when that driver earns the number one through his performance.

Massa will get better, and has proven he can be as quick as KR, which is no small feat. He has earned that seat.

Sorry, i know i have been busy but was there really that much speculation that the petulant, disloyal big eyebrowed beaten man was hot property for Ferrari? I bet they had a good laugh at that one, especially Felipe. If Alonso had any chance of heading to Maranello he has firmly destroyed it by his conduct this year.

I have never seen such a talented young man disillusion such a large number of fans by acting the way he has. Such a disappointment and so unnecessary.

If Michael Schumacher's legacy will be his various controversies, surely Fernando's conduct this year will be his.

you must be kidding.big eyebrowed?pfff :nono1:

Oh,and I thought,think and will think that Massa is not good enough for such an important team as Ferrari.

What a relief :beer22: .......... i have to admit i was sweating a lot, about the possibility of FA moving to Ferrari. I can't imagine myself being a Ferrari/FA fan. :P

Me neither mate...

But this I feel is good for Massa... and i think he maybe able to challenge for the WDC next year

Yes he deserves it. Jean see him as the best option to support Kimi and tow the Ferrari line while keeping his son Nicalos happy. Everybody wins.

Agreed. He has won races but still seems erratic in style and performance.

Agreed.

I think Massa has improved vastly over the last couple of seasons and is arguably the current master of lights to flag victories.

That's all I ever see Felipe being good at, leading a easy race taking and easy victory. I'm yet to see a truely inspired drive from him. No doubt someone will tell me otherwise :D

But this I feel is good for Massa... and i think he maybe able to challenge for the WDC next year

If a year ever was where Felipe had a chance at the WDC it was this year in my opinion. Kimi will beat him well for the rest of his days at Ferrari. Felipe will eventually be remembered as being the unofficial number two to Kimi. He will have his fellow Brazilian friend to comfort him, that's always a plus I guess.

Glad to hear that Alonso wont be going to Ferrari, atleast, not so fast. I dont want to hear him say to the people how he made Ferrari the most successful team in F1.

Glad to hear that Alonso wont be going to Ferrari, atleast, not so fast. I dont want to hear him say to the people how he made Ferrari the most successful team in F1.

Maybe he should go freelance, handing out six tenths here and there.

He was signed until 2008 anyway, so this is a bit premature, but I guess it shows they have confidence in him.