Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raikkonen_rulez

What is happening to Sato??

Now did Hondaaaaa replace Sato's engine before this race or not ?

I am not sure, I know Alonso got a replace job ...and had a two stopper going too. Renault is far better in the reliability department right now compared to a Hondaaaa.

Me thinks that both BARs should start on light fuel load and until they get some more strength into their engine hold off on the longer fuel load stints, the engine can not take it so well.

Concerning Alonso , where do you think he would of qualified normally ? Ahead of Button probably and Button would of had no podium still.

Rubens ....what a laggard ,actually gives up a podium to a BAR for M.SCHum. sake ...ouch that has to hurt. :shock:

Webber might of done great too, even if on a 8 lap fuel load (just speculating on that) M.S. came in on lap 9 , others 11-12 .

He started from last....he got into the points....i don't care who the driver is...Michael schumacher would of done better but not by a massive margin....a BAR isn't the fastest car on the track and he didn't do to bad.

don't give me crap about him being bad for spinning in qualifying...kos Mr champion in a few years (alonso) did  it too. And im sure the Reno is a bit better then the BAR too.

He started last because he span (again) so clearly that was his own fault.

He only got into the points, only for a brief period of time too, because Webber, Raikkonen and others retired. Further more, he was on a different fuel strategy so most of the people in front of him didn’t need to pit again when Sato caught them.

Michael Schumacher would have done much better. For a start he wouldn’t have spun in the race…or in qualifying…or in the practice sessions!

He was in a Bar, which might I remind you, finished third in the hands of a competent driver. All he had to do from the back was pass Minardis, Jordans, Toyotas etc which are nowhere near the pace of BAR so that wasn’t a difficult task (did you see Alonso pass 7 cars just on the start!)

As for Sato, he may have been 8th before the Honda went boom, but look where his teammate finished, simple as that.

Look where his teamate started

thats because his teammate didnt spin and make a fool of himself...again.

shaun

One other thing, I think the Honda boys haven't caught on that Sato is in the team and that JV is out, found it funny that his engine popped when he was in the points, sound familiar??!!!   :lol:

oohhhhh conspiracy! :shock:

you said that, not me, but maybe!! :lol:

shaun

Webber might of done great too, even if on a 8 lap fuel load (just speculating on that) M.S. came in on lap 9 , others 11-12 .

dude he came in on lap 8 because a curtian over rated over payed barsted hit him and broke his rear right tyre. not because he was super light. and if M$ came in on lap 9 and win then webber whould of come in a good place if it not for the anti-stall.

dude he came in on lap 8 because a curtian over rated over payed barsted hit him and broke his rear right tyre. not because he was super light..

thats it mate!!! show the passion. :)

shuan

i wish i could have joined the stand up for sato thing earlierbut well better now than ever... well now that all's said and done ... everyone (with an exception of 1 person on this forum :P )have to agree Sato did a fantastic job getting from the back to 8th b4 his crash.... if the car didn give way he would have got into the points.... in aussie he got 9th well like i said b4 tht was good coz the only ones ahead was his team mate and guys from the big 4......now he may not be as good as JB now but given time and experience he certainly will improve....

plz dun give me some crap that he is the worst driver to grace F1 coz i know worse drivers to have been in F1 and that he doesnt deserve a place at BAR..... JV well he's a former champion.... would have done well for BAR or for any other team( funny how he couldnt find another team considering he is still so damn good as opinioned by some ppl).... BAR didnt want him anymore.... end of story..... if not Sato BAR might have got some other driver to replace him ....

We’ll Amjay, if you think overtaking rookie drivers in underpowered cars such as Minardi, Jordan and Jaguar, when you drive a BAR Honda - which Jenson Button finished third in (beating a Ferrari, a Williams, both Renaults and McLarens as well as the rest of the field) is impressive…then you sir, are a brainless fool who’s easily impressed.

Further more, you seem to have missed Sato spinning off three times in two races due entirely to driver error and the 1-second per lap margin that separates Sato from Button at each circuit.

Going back to Sato’s Malaysian recovery drive, Alonso who drove a worse car than Sato in that race at least, overtook 7 cars by the first lap and didn’t spin once either (in contrast to Sato who span and crashed in Friday practice, span in qualifying and then in the race)…it must have taken mind-boggling car control and instinctive driving talent for Sato to manage to muscle his way past the mighty Zsolt Baumgartner and the Minardi team. What do you think Amjay – do we have the next Michael Schumacher here or what? The question is not when Sato is crowned World Champion, it’s just how many times will Sato be crowned World Champion.

dude he came in on lap 8 because a curtian over rated over payed barsted hit him and broke his rear right tyre. not because he was super light. and if M$ came in on lap 9 and win then webber whould of come in a good place if it not for the anti-stall.

Webber do you or for that matter anyone else know of the amout of Fuel Webber might of had on ? I might speculate up to 12 laps worth to be fair and that would give him great potential into the next race to be up there again in qualifing. (Good thing to see too)

Should his car last races then he should be getting podiums this year even more so than Button.

plz dun give me some crap that he is the worst driver to grace F1 coz i know worse drivers to have been in F1 and that he doesnt deserve a place at BAR..... JV well he's a former champion.... would have done well for BAR or for any other team( funny how he couldnt find another team considering he is still so damn good as opinioned by some ppl).... BAR didnt want him anymore.... end of story.....  if not Sato BAR might have got some other driver to replace him ....

now you're just talking crap. Everyone knows the dodgy politics played by DR, which led to JV being out of F1. He kept him hanging on and only publicaly released him before suzuka, when EVERY TEAM HAD THEIR LINE UP DECIDED. Sauber has already come out and said had he know JV was on the market he would have held discussions with him. Ferrari were also interested to a slight degree. JV will be back next year and show what everyone has been missing over the last 5 yrs when he's been in nothing but sh!tboxes.

shaun

Agreed , but he might even be in a car this year should the circumstance present themselves correctly.

Agreed , but he might even be in a car this year should the circumstance present themselves correctly.

love the optimism man. If he does return, I doubt it'll be this year, but hey, I won't be complaining if he does, I assure you. Good to have another JV fan on the site. are you the same C.A.L who posts on the jv-world website?? If you are, I go under the nick "no villeneuve no f1" on that forum.

shaun

Its highly unlikely – virtually impossible even – that JV will return this year. The only way that would happen was if someone was sacked mid-season, or if someone had a huge accident and was forced to withdraw from the rest of the season. I want JV back in F1 too but I’m much more of a realist than some you…

love the optimism man. If he does return, I doubt it'll be this year, but hey, I won't be complaining if he does, I assure you. Good to have another JV fan on the site. are you the same C.A.L who posts on the jv-world website?? If you are, I go under the nick "no villeneuve no f1" on that forum.

shaun

Yes , thats me ... also over at Speed-tv forum whom also have some nasty Anti-J.V. evil do-ers

Im a jv fan too and F1 was the loser when he went!

It would be great to see him back sometime.

incidently i did think schumi was crap when he went into Adelaide wall and again into JVs sidepot and again on the startline at Suzuka, point being he is very prone to mistakes under pressure, and i personally dont have much time for him.

However as an F1 fan I do think were all extremely lucky to be a witness to his 'era'. I know ive wished i could have seen Fangio, Clark, Moss etc. :)

However as an F1 fan I do think were all extremely lucky to be a witness to his 'era'. I know ive wished i could have seen Fangio, Clark, Moss etc. :)

Michael Schumacher is not the great driver many depict him as…put Kimi, JPM, Alonso or perhaps even Webber in a Ferrari as NO: 1 with all the privileges that entails and all the best people supporting them and I’m sure they’d be just as dominant.

As for being extremely lucky to witness `his` era, I think you have to take into account my previous comments and then also think: would you describe 2002 as part of that great era. I don’t think it was all that great to be honest….and I don’t think many of us would consider it a genuine privilege to see a man, Michael Schumacher, beat all the records on paper when, all things considered, he doesn’t deserve too.

Michael Schumacher is not the great driver many depict him as

I would have loved to see real racing. The likes of Fangio, Moss, Peterson, Andretti, Lauda, Hunt, Giles, Clark, Senna, Prost, etc. 2002 was nothing more than a joke, not because Ferrari was dominant, they had a great car and took full advantage of that. What made it a joke were that the drivers of ferrari weren't allowed to race and the drivers and the team made a joke out of themselves, the team and the sport with their antics at austria and indy. McLaren and Williams had dominant eras, but noone complained because they allowed their drivers to race and didnt screw us fans around. Statistics are nothing but glorified lies. Does that mean Moss, Peterson, Giles aren't good drivers simply because they didnt win a title? Does that mean Mansell, Hunt, Villeneuve are all marginal as they only won 1 world title? M$ is a very good driver, there's no denying that, but the greatest, well, put simply, hell no. Simple as that.

shaun

However as an F1 fan I do think were all extremely lucky to be a witness to his 'era'. I know ive wished i could have seen Fangio, Clark, Moss etc.

i couldnt agree more if you are saying schmacker isnt the best ever, but he is undoubtably the best of his era. he commands the best from his team in a similar way to what senna did. all im saying is that when my grandchildren ask about this schmacker guy i'll be able to tell them his many faults and many talents above all i'm glad to say i witnessed it all. good and bad.

btw i was a Damon Hill fan club member in 94 and i still havnt forgiven schmacker for punting Hill off. but above all im an F1 fan and to see schu be on it at every track, new or old, and bang the times in lap after lap, and i dont like hearing myself say it, but i cant help but admire the driving (not the man). :wink:

This post thread is suppose to be on Sato -san not the SCHum.

New info coming out that BUTFON was on a special Softer Michelin compound than everyone else. :lol::lol::lol: .....Not to attack Sato or Button , but was Sato even offered this compound choice ? or anyone else of the Michelin runners?

You know, this is so very familiar to what happened at the Silverstone GP last year when Button was on a better compound tire and Jacques was on a older Bridgestone compound ...and may not be his personal choice either.

Button's Podium is a SHAM ! weak!!!!!

each driver chooses their compound and there is no way michelin would be able to offer a 'special' compound to one driver only, their softs and hards are the same for all teams they supply.

He was in a Bar, which might I remind you, finished third in the hands of a competent driver.  All he had to do from the back was pass Minardis, Jordans, Toyotas etc which are nowhere near the pace of BAR so that wasn

Webber do you or for that matter anyone else know of the amout of Fuel Webber might of had on ? I might speculate up to 12 laps worth to be fair and that would give him great potential into the next race to be up there again in qualifing. (Good thing to see too)

Should his car last races then he should be getting podiums this year even more so than Button.

well its nice to know that M$ has to be light to get .6sec ahead of everyone