Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argento Reloaded

Nurburgring Lap Times

the thing thats not on there is Lauda's 6:58 only because it was a practice session.

he is still the fastest man in an F1 car around the track

the thing thats not on there is Lauda's 6:58 only because it was a practice session.

he is still the fastest man in an F1 car around the track

There is a 6'58" 60/100 Nikki Lauda German GP 1975. It says nothing about race, qualy or practice. But if the time was on the race is perfectly logical than in qualy and/or practice the best time was around 6

Going a bit off topic but I heard that a Pagani Zonda F Clubsport set the record for the fastest lap around the 'Ring in a production car of 7"23 seconds. Wonder what Nick Heidfeld's lap time was when he did a lap of the Nordschleife before the EU GP on the new Nurburgring.

Going a bit off topic but I heard that a Pagani Zonda F Clubsport set the record for the fastest lap around the 'Ring in a production car of 7"23 seconds. Wonder what Nick Heidfeld's lap time was when he did a lap of the Nordschleife before the EU GP on the new Nurburgring.

Heidfeld's doesn't count. He was in a showcar, basically, and didn't run some of the corners, and was going slow-ish for safety reasons.

Heidfeld's doesn't count. He was in a showcar, basically, and didn't run some of the corners, and was going slow-ish for safety reasons.

True and slow for journalists to shoot pictures...

Nordschleife excluding GP track, 20.6 kms:

7:27.82 167.201 km/h -- Pagani Zonda F Clubsport, 641 PS/1230 kg, Marc Basseng (EVO #112)

Nordschleife incl. shortened GP track, 24.433 km (as used for the VLN long distance championship):

8:34 --- 171.126 km/h -- BMW Sauber F1.07, Nick Heidfeld, apr,28 07, demo lap www.life4speed.net/news-177.html

Nordschleife incl. GP track, 22.810 km (22.835 km as from 1930):

6:58.60 -- 195.356 km/h -- Ferrari 312 B3, Niki Lauda, German GP 1975

Old Nordschleife excl. GP Track, 20.832km:

6:11.13 -- 202.073 km/h -- Porsche 956, ~ 620 PS/860 kg, Stefan Bellof, 1000 km race 1983 (practice session)

As you can see Nick heidfield was in his way home from the supermarket; Dr. Mario made Sh#t from an amzing moment!

To be honest an F1 car is no longer designed to cope with the ring. When F1 cars used to go there they used to run up to nine inches of suspension travel, (compared to the maximum 8 centimeters (3 inches) that BMW had) to negotiate the track at any sort of speed, on top of which the BMW F1 is frankly just too insanely fast and powerful to be safe around there. It was frigthening in cars signfiicantly slower and more primitive to the point most drivers feared the ring with a passion, in a modern F1? THat's self-defecation territory.

I got a 7:11.14 in an Aston Martin DBR9 on RFactor on the 2007 Nordeschleiffe. And it genuinely took me months to do. Doing a whole race there is the most amazing, most superhuman feat I can possibly imagine.

I got a 7:11.14 in an Aston Martin DBR9 on RFactor on the 2007 Nordeschleiffe. And it genuinely took me months to do. Doing a whole race there is the most amazing, most superhuman feat I can possibly imagine.

You play rFactor, too? Good man!

I've yet to try the Nordschliefe on rFactor...I'm not very good...I've won Montreal in a Champ Car and a 2005 Minardi, and can win all oval races...right now I'm working on my V8 Supercar skills, or lack there of.

Download the track, man. It'll change your life. It's called Ringworm... you start off smashing into barriers, careering off into the mountainside, and you reach to switch off your computer, thinking "This is stupid." But then, you change your mind. One more lap, you say. And pretty soon it's 3am and your feet hurt from mashing the brakes as late as you possibly dare.

I'm not hugely into video games, but it's one of the better things I've spent my money on.

Download the track, man. It'll change your life. It's called Ringworm... you start off smashing into barriers, careering off into the mountainside, and you reach to switch off your computer, thinking "This is stupid." But then, you change your mind. One more lap, you say. And pretty soon it's 3am and your feet hurt from mashing the brakes as late as you possibly dare.

I'm not hugely into video games, but it's one of the better things I've spent my money on.

Alright, I'll be sure to put it then! I actually don't use a steering wheel/brake system...I use a PS2-esque controller...don't have enough room for the all out thing...I should actually check and see if my GT4 wheel has a USB cable, I could use that...

And yeah, rFactor's great. I also like GT4. My best GT4 lap time is a 7:47-something in a Honda NSX...I need to work on that...and get a faster car.

It did have special tyres. (?)

We should let our BMW experts, c21 and Katy, answer these questions...

RACIST. ARE YOU SAYING ONLY BMW FANS KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT BMW-SAUBER F1? WHAT ABOUT EQUAL OPPURTINITY? WHY CAN'T THE RESIDENT SCOTT SPEED FAN ANSWER THE QUESTION?

Okay, well, I can answer the last question: cuz he's the dumbest member on TF1.

I don't recall reading about special tires, though. Then again, I don't recall reading anything since I graduated school.

RACIST. ARE YOU SAYING ONLY BMW FANS KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT BMW-SAUBER F1? WHAT ABOUT EQUAL OPPURTINITY? WHY CAN'T THE RESIDENT SCOTT SPEED FAN ANSWER THE QUESTION?

Okay, well, I can answer the last question: cuz he's the dumbest member on TF1.

I don't recall reading about special tires, though. Then again, I don't recall reading anything since I graduated school.

You remember reading stuff during school???

You remember reading stuff during school???

Yeah. We read about the benefits of in-breeding and how to escape the cops with a case of moonshine in the back of our souped up Ford.

The fastest driver around the Ring' is that woman, yes woman, who was on Top Gear. Rapid.

Oh yeah Heidfeld wasn't really in an F1 car, the ride height was about five inches, and it was probably on maximum downforce with really hard tyres and everything. Basically it was setup to be as slow, therefore as safe, as possible.