Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ButtonChic

Where's The Real Formula 1 Gone ?

I just don't understand why these full grown adults { or supposed adults } can't act as such. They act more like children... Wish my child was making the bucks for acting this way !

Also where's the sportsmanship gone ? :eusa_think:

I just don't understand why these full grown adults { or supposed adults } can't act as such. They act more like children... Wish my child was making the bucks for acting this way !

Also where's the sportsmanship gone ? :eusa_think:

:lol: Welcome Julia! I had a crush on a girl in high school called Julia. Can it be..... is it really you?

And you have a typical girly view of sport - so you won't be out of place here. :P

I wish I had a 100+ dvd collection of races from the past to watch and enjoy.

I gotta drive 100 miles to see the brazil gp, and if it's going to be a dry race, it's going to be a boring race, therefore I'm probably crazy. But I'm also optimistic. <_<

Welcome Julia....

In this sport there are mostly extremes...

Either a guy is too good or sucks, wither he talks whines too much(Alonso, Hammy) or hardly replies(Kimi), So you get the good with the bad, but thats life so....

Sportsmanship died sometime in the last century. Not sure of the exact date though.

You're quite right, however we do sometimes get a small dose of sportsmanship on the rare occasion, but as far as true sportsmanship goes sadly it's loooong gone.

A good quote that sums up sportsmanship perfectly in my opinion.

"In the end, it's extra effort that separates a winner from second place. But winning takes a lot more that that, too. It starts with complete command of the fundamentals. Then it takes desire, determination, discipline, and self-sacrifice. And finally, it takes a great deal of love, fairness and respect for your fellow man. Put all these together, and even if you don't win, how can you lose?"

-Jesse Owens

Sportsmanship died sometime in the last century. Not sure of the exact date though.

Sportmanship is still there, but we don't often see it. Too many rules on driver's behaviour has made it very difficult to spot the sportsman. In times past the bad guys were easy to spot and that made the good guys shine even brighter by comparison. Now we have shades of gray. Who is to know if a driver's good behaviour is really genuine sportsmanship or a fear of being penalized? Who's to know if the good words spoken about a teammate are sincere or done under orders by a team or sponsor?

We've regulated out a great deal of passion in our sport by b!tching too much when a passionate person emerges. We whine and complain until the team or sponsors, fearing you might not view F1 anymore, decide to muzzle the driver. We're responsible for painting the sporting landscape gray.