Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso's Latest Excuse

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Alonso's latest excuse

• My tyre pressures were wrong again
    • My team doesn't support me
    • I am up against a British driver in a British team
    • WAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAA!!!!
    • I want my mommy
    • But Pedro's email said that Ferrari inflate their tyres with smelly farts to go fast

So Alonso has shot himself in the foot, he said that the team will treat them equally, and he is still slower than the rookie. So what's his excuse now?

So Alonso has shot himself in the foot, he said that the team will treat them equally, and he is still slower than the rookie. So what's his excuse now?

I would start to believe that you have something personal against Alonso...

Yeah, he is a whiner. Yeah, he is being beaten by a rookie. Yeah, he has kicked Schumi's a## twice...

Now shut up and watch the race :P

:lmavfa:

Awesome poll He did indeed look slow throughout the session. There was a similar gap in Q2 and Q3 this time. We have yet to hear from the master (of excuses) so I will predict "But Pedro's email said that Ferrari inflate their tyres with smelly farts to go fast".

I'm going for "my team doesn't support me" because Lewis was the first to pit and Alonso barely made it to make his flying lap (I know it's all calculated XD).

Gloomy tone but no excuses, hehe

He said that the times are so close that you have to do a perfect lap to be on the front row.. nothing much.

I voted for WAAAAAAAAAAAAA etc, that coupled with the image of Alonso throwing a control pad on the floor while playing Gran Turismo...(not sure why that particular image).

AND THE WINNER IS ..........................................................

The slightly mundane "My team doesn't support me" :(

"Even in the last race, we heard from the team principal that they were racing against me in a way, that is not very nice."

I just read this news and I am trying to find WHY FA's fans say that he is the best driver out there, just look at the reason why he is saying that his title fight is over, you will find it in bold

Disappointed Alonso says title nearly over

Oct.20 (GMM) Fernando Alonso on Saturday said not qualifying on the front row in Brazil essentially dashed his hopes of securing a third consecutive F1 title.

Alonso, 26, needs to score four points more than Hamilton to successfully defend his back to back drivers' triumphs of 2005 and 2006.

"I've thrown away a little bit of my only possibility to win the race," he said on Saturday.

"It is very difficult to overtake because everyone is so close together in lap times.

"We will have exactly the same strategy, stops, laps, so there is no chance to overtake with the strategy or be lucky or something like that."

Alonso said only a unpredictable occurrence on Sunday, such as when Hamilton oddly beached his sister McLaren in a pit entry gravel trap two weeks ago in China, will revive his hopes of staying formula one champion.

The disappointed Spaniard, who was fourth quickest at Interlagos while his main rival and teammate Lewis Hamilton qualified second, admitted to pessimism ahead of Sunday's championship finale.

"It's not that I'm pessimistic, but I am realistic," he insisted. "I need a race like China or something like that, a mechanical problem, or a very unlucky race for my opponents.

"If everything is normal, it's over for sure."

He is clearly admiting by saying this, htat he does not have anything to do against a driver taht is equipped with the same machinery than him, he is saying that he is not faster than LH, he is also saying taht he does not save any fuel while racing, he can not extend his pit stop by doing this as many people here think, he is just saying what I've saying here for more than a year, he is just another good driver, he is not a Schumi, Alonso is just a driver and that's it

:lol::lol::lol: A bias poll.

Alonso is 10hp down, remember?

If I remeber correctly last year, this situation happened for the final race too, and i hear the teams saying that having and old engine it cost less than a tenth per lap, but if this is happening to Alonso is a great excuse, why he didn't change the engine and use his incledible talent to get to the first place, like Schumi did last year in this track after having a flat tire he made his way from the back of the field to one of the fisrt places (I think it was fourth) but this is obviously something that FA just can not do.

You are right. Alonso didn't get it right this time. I mean, if he were to have been in Hamilton's position, he would have blocked Kimi and would have been penalized. Better 4th than 10th.

If I remeber correctly last year, this situation happened for the final race too, and i hear the teams saying that having and old engine it cost less than a tenth per lap, but if this is happening to Alonso is a great excuse, why he didn't change the engine and use his incledible talent to get to the first place, like Schumi did last year in this track after having a flat tire he made his way from the back of the field to one of the fisrt places (I think it was fourth) but this is obviously something that FA just can not do.

FIA won't allow McLaren to do that. :lol:

I think Ferrari is allowed under FIA regulation. :blush:

FIArrari are allowed to do ANYTHING :huh:

Can you imagine an FIA official in the pits when MS was racing ????

FIArrari are allowed to do ANYTHING :huh:

Can you imagine an FIA official in the pits when MS was racing ????

Yes I can imagine that and I also imagine that offficial talking to the press about how great was Schumi's job under that circunstance, he would be totally impressed.

I can't believe he said that but because I heard it... After all, of the two pursuers he is the one with better chances, so he could just stop complaining like that! I wonder what would Kimi be doing if he was like him, go sit in a corner and cry his eyes out? He should think of enjoying the race at least, but no, gloomy Alonso returns...

He is clearly admiting by saying this, htat he does not have anything to do against a driver taht is equipped with the same machinery than him, he is saying that he is not faster than LH, he is also saying taht he does not save any fuel while racing, he can not extend his pit stop by doing this as many people here think, he is just saying what I've saying here for more than a year, he is just another good driver, he is not a Schumi, Alonso is just a driver and that's it

Just a driver that did beat Schumi and Raikkonen with a Renault. :dam:

Just a driver that did beat Schumi and Raikkonen with a Renault.

.....that was by the best in the field for at least a season and a half.

I don't think saying Alonso is "just another driver" is fair- he's definitely one of the two best drivers on the grid at the moment. But he's no Schumacher, at least not yet.

Nando looks like he could have the schumi power of turning a team around... Renault started doing very well when Nando was there, when he left, they do badly. McLaren were doing worse when nando wasn't there, now they're at the top. Draw your own inferences, but it looks like Fernando is a VERY useful driver to have around!