Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

2007 In Reflection

Well Hamilton says he didn't do it on purpose so all is well.(Impeding KR's flying lap)

My only solace is that many racing professionals were perplexed by that ruling, and share my viewpoint. I can take comfort in that. I am not going to bother with it here any more. Too much hostility for my liking.

[not confrontational in any way]

Like who? Please name these people, I only ask because Martin Brundle (yes he's British*) didn't think lewis deserved a penalty and I reckon he is generally quite balanced and knowledgeable. Also YHR, since we seem to have had a series of misunderstandings (I blame the internet), let's give peace a chance and start afresh, a tabula rasa if you will - that's right, I extend my rather sweaty, fingerless, garlic smelling hand in your direction and keenly await your acceptance (feel free to wear a glove).

*not saying you would use that as an argument, but some might.

[/not confrontational in any way]

[not confrontational in any way]

Like who? Please name these people, I only ask because Martin Brundle (yes he's British*) didn't think lewis deserved a penalty and I reckon he is generally quite balanced and knowledgeable. Also YHR, since we seem to have had a series of misunderstandings (I blame the internet), let's give peace a chance and start afresh, a tabula rasa if you will - that's right, I extend my rather sweaty, fingerless, garlic smelling hand in your direction and keenly await your acceptance (feel free to wear a glove).

*not saying you would use that as an argument, but some might.

[/not confrontational in any way]

Jackie Stewart, Nigel Mansell, the others that I would have to go back and read past articles. There are a host of racing professionals who have raised eyebrows over the the FIA coming into an altercation like this and penalizing Alonso and McLaren. This was a team matter in my opinion, and that of the two I mentioned. Trust me there are many more.

I'm fine with fresh starts. I have been contributing on this forum with nary a word about JV for the past months, and am happy to have intelligent, respectful discussions , even disagreements if they remain civil. Name calling is for school kids.

I challenge any LH fan to find one thing I have said that is disrespectful to Lewis Hamilton(other then my comment about his safety car antic, but they were dreadful after all). My ramblings against the FIA rulings have branded me a Lewis hater I guess the logic is if I am not turning a blind eye to strange inconsistant F1 rulings that have benefitted Hamilton I must hate Hamilton. That logic is terribly flawed.

I even said I feel sorry for Lewis Hamilton for having to win under all this controversy because of the FIA incompetence.

Well I have been very vocal against the FIA this year as I think they are doing a horrible job of managing the rules that govern this sport.

However the one glaring ruling that I just can not accept, was the 5 spot grind penalty given out to Alonso for the pit box altercation between the Mclaren team. Regardless of what happens tomorrow this one ruling effectively leap frogged Hamilton ahead of Alonso in this very close battle. I know by the letter of the law and the way that rule is worded, that they had the right to do what they did. Please don't get into it with me over that.

In my opinion this stewards decison was far too harsh and has tainted this great championship run for me.

Of course then there is the Spy scandal. This was another overly harsh penalty handed out to Mclaren. All the rest of the BS has been just that, a bunch of useless crap this sport doesn't need.

The FIA needs to take discretion out of the rules. It opens up too much controvesy and suspicion in my opinion. Some programmer needs to come up with an Algorithm to hand out these penalities. You feed the data in and the ruling is spit out with no human influence, real or implied.

Really you just need to set an numurical value to each infraction, and then a number for the result of that infraction. A racing commision of professionals can debate and decide on these values. Once decided you run each infraction through the equation to spit out a fair penalty.

Gone is all this BS over bias rulings, which has really damged the sport this year.

The season has been a fraud since McLaren was found guilty of spying. It is that simple.

Hamilton's bid for the WC has been compromised since RD blatanly admitted that his sole objective is to defeat Alonso. It is that simple, again.

FIA rulings have been a joke for years. Remember Monaco last year? Or Monza last year too? Sure, this year Whiting has outdone himself but, then again, the WC was gifted to Hamilton many many GPs ago.

I hear now that Hamilton has _again_ not been penalized, this time for getting in the way of Kimi. And yet, Whiting is not done as he may just find a way of penalizing Massa to clear _again_ the way for Hamilton. Well, what else is new.

I suppose that nothing will change for next season and they will simply elect Hamilton as champion per infinitum. May the podium be replaced with a crane and be done with it.

The only way to savage this WC in the eyes of the fans (except the lewisterics) is for Kimi to win.

Until the next time no doubt - Here's to hoping that you will return with a more positive outlook :rolleyes:

I am not leaving, I am just going to talk fluff as that is all that seems to be wanted around here. Too many home boys ready to jump down the throat of anyone who casts doubts on their heros.

In answer to your bolded words. I guess I am not alone

Who started this thread????

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9327

hmmmmm

I think race-wise it's been a fantastic season & we still have Interlagos to come. FIA-wise, the only word I can think of is Timmy because they give all the penalty's Hamilton gets & without getting a grid deduction is the main reason why loads of people hate his guts! It's all the FIA's fault Hamilton gets hated!

I think race-wise it's been a fantastic season & we still have Interlagos to come. FIA-wise, the only word I can think of is Timmy because they give all the penalty's Hamilton gets & without getting a grid deduction is the main reason why loads of people hate his guts! It's all the FIA's fault Hamilton gets hated!

Yep, but without the "help" Hamilton has gotten and still enjoys he would not be where he is. Hamilton's standings are artificial.

[quote name='YHR' post='224143' date='Oct 21 2007, 01:50 AM']Jackie Stewart, Nigel Mansell, the others that I would have to go back and read past articles. There are a host of racing professionals who have raised eyebrows over the the FIA coming into an altercation like this and penalizing Alonso and McLaren. This was a team matter in my opinion, and that of the two I mentioned. Trust me there are many more.

I'm fine with fresh starts. I have been contributing on this forum with nary a word about JV for the past months, and am happy to have intelligent, respectful discussions , even disagreements if they remain civil. Name calling is for school kids.

I challenge any LH fan to find one thing I have said that is disrespectful to Lewis Hamilton(other then my comment about his safety car antic, but they were dreadful after all). My ramblings against the FIA rulings have branded me a Lewis hater I guess the logic is if I am not turning a blind eye to strange inconsistant F1 rulings that have benefitted Hamilton I must hate Hamilton. That logic is terribly flawed.

I even said I feel sorry for Lewis Hamilton for having to win under all this controversy because of the FIA incompetence.[/quote]

Ahhh, my mistake, I thought you were talking about the (lack of) a penalty for the Lewis-Kimi incident yesterday, I'm not sure why I thought that, since it was obvious you weren't - I put it down to me being so darn tired when I made that reply. Yes I agree about the Hungary incident. If you say you are not a Hamilton hater, then fair enough I believe you. You won't believe this, but I like many drivers over Hamilton, one of them being Kimi.

[quote name='YHR' post='224146' date='Oct 21 2007, 01:56 AM']I am not leaving, I am just going to talk fluff as that is all that seems to be wanted around here. [b]Too many home boys[/b] ready to jump down the throat of anyone who casts doubts on their heros.

In answer to your bolded words. I guess I am not alone

Who started this thread????
[url="http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9327"]http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9327[/url]

hmmmmm[/quote]

I think your pushing it there, statements like that are unneccessary.

[quote name='abbas_gear' post='224191' date='Oct 21 2007, 09:27 AM']Let the race get over <_< [/quote]

Indeed.

Ahhh, my mistake, I thought you were talking about the (lack of) a penalty for the Lewis-Kimi incident yesterday, I'm not sure why I thought that, since it was obvious you weren't - I put it down to me being so darn tired when I made that reply. Yes I agree about the Hungary incident. If you say you are not a Hamilton hater, then fair enough I believe you. You won't believe this, but I like many drivers over Hamilton, one of them being Kimi.

I think your pushing it there, statements like that are unneccessary.

Indeed.

You are right, being called a fool, and then taken to task on a whole bunch of wrong assumptions has a tendency to do that to me. I still had game on.

Penalities for what happened like the LH interference on KR, have been handed out in the past. I think LH is very lucky to get away with that. It may have been an accident, but he did get in KR's way and it did slow him up. Saying your sorry, didn't get others off a penalty. I saw it, the drivers involved acknowledged it happened, and the FIA does absolutely nothing. In my opinion that is more inconsistancy in how they conduct their business.

I never saw the Massa pass under yellow in practice, so I can not really comment on that. If this did happen and they did nothing about it them I guess this is one more example of their incompetance.

You are right, being called a fool, and then taken to task on a whole bunch of wrong assumptions has a tendency to do that to me. I still had game on.

Penalities for what happened like the LH interference on KR, have been handed out in the past. I think LH is very lucky to get away with that. It may have been an accident, but he did get in KR's way and it did slow him up. Saying your sorry, didn't get others off a penalty. I saw it, the drivers involved acknowledged it happened, and the FIA does absolutely nothing. In my opinion that is more inconsistancy in how they conduct their business.

I never saw the Massa pass under yellow in practice, so I can not really comment on that. If this did happen and they did noting about it them I guess this is one more example of their incompetance.

I don't think he was lucky, I think he could've gotten out of the way a little better, but I think Kimi and made an error out of distraction, and I don't think any of his other sectors were that special anyway? I'm even a fan of Kimi, but I don't think a grid penalty would be fair, so I'm not sure what the FIA could give really (in terms of a penalty). Maybe it's the case that the FIA are less willing to penalise title contending drivers towards the very end of the season? - of course that, would not be correct.

I didn't make wrong assumptions (just wrong interpretations), and I didn't name call, just to be clear.

EDIT: So please don't group me under 'name callers', just group me under 'Mr. wrong interpretion'

Yes that is a big part of it. THe fact his supporters fail to see how much he has got away with is also frustrating. None of this has anything to do with Hamilton himself, but it creates the mood of utter disbelief in the rest of us. With the cheer that went up when LH hit the gravel, I guess this is obvious to more then just this forum's partcipants.

I honestly believe, that because of the FIA, this very talented young man is going to be an unpopular champion by all those who are not firmly his fans. That is sad because the guy deserves better. And that is why I singled in on this as the single biggest thing to reflect on in 2007.

I don't think he was lucky, I think he could've gotten out of the way a little better, but I think Kimi and made an error out of distraction, and I don't think any of his other sectors were that special anyway? I'm even a fan of Kimi, but I don't think a grid penalty would be fair, so I'm not sure what the FIA could give really (in terms of a penalty). Maybe it's the case that the FIA are less willing to penalise title contending drivers towards the very end of the season? - of course that, would not be correct.

I didn't make (1)wrong assumptions (just wrong interpretations), and I didn't name call, just to be clear.

EDIT: So please don't group me under 'name callers', just group me under 'Mr. wrong interpretion'

(1)Splitting hairs aren't we over the assumption, interpretation thing. Call it what you want.

(2)I didn't. I simply made an overly aggressive remark, to Fed Up. I am sorry that you that "interpreted" it was aimed at you.

Don't forget the press, the hype they give seems to annoy people too much, why some can't just ignore it I don't know. It seems some people base the FIA's rulings & the press hype as good reasons to dislike him, as if it's his fault he is talented, and F1's first black driver. A great shame.

Yes that is a big part of it. THe fact his supporters fail to see how much he has got away with is also frustrating. None of this has anything to do with Hamilton himself, but it creates the mood of utter disbelief in the rest of us. With the cheer that went up when LH hit the gravel, I guess this is obvious to more then just this forum's partcipants.

I honestly believe, that because of the FIA, this very talented young man is going to be an unpopular champion by all those who are not firmly his fans. That is sad because the guy deserves better. And that is why I singled in on this as the single biggest thing to reflect on in 2007.

Yes Hamilton has got away with some slightly questionable things this year, personally I believe his rookie performances overshadow that greatly, and that Lewis Hamilton will be (in History's eyes) the single biggest story of this year. You have chosen the FIA's incompetence as this year's biggest story, fair enough, I respect your opinion, however I couldn't disagree more - can you at least see how this might be seen as negative, rather that positive.

(1)Splitting hairs aren't we over the assumption, interpretation thing. Call it what you want.

(2)I didn't. I simply made an overly aggressive remark, to Fed Up. I am sorry that you that "interpreted" it was aimed at you.

Pah. I even admitted it was my mistake because I made some incorrect interpretations, I just wanted to be clear that I didn't name call and that I just made some wrong interpreations. That was all. In a previous post I offered my sweaty...etc hand to you, yet you still respond to me very cooly, sigh.

God, I hope Alonso wins it, that way Hamilton's helping hand the FIA will hopefully be forgotten for a while and the various inconsistancies won't be considered an issue. Yawn. I'm glad the race is starting.

Been saying this all along.

Don't forget the press, the hype they give seems to annoy people too much, why some can't just ignore it I don't know. It seems some people base the FIA's rulings & the press hype as good reasons to dislike him, as if it's his fault he is talented, and F1's first black driver. A great shame.

Yes Hamilton has got away with some slightly questionable things this year, personally I believe his rookie performances overshadow that greatly, and that Lewis Hamilton will be (in History's eyes) the single biggest story of this year. You have chosen the FIA's incompetence as this year's biggest story, fair enough, I respect your opinion, however I couldn't disagree more - can you at least see how this might be seen as negative, rather that positive.

Pah. I even admitted it was my mistake because I made some incorrect interpretations, I just wanted to be clear that I didn't name call and that I just made some wrong interpreations. That was all. In a previous post I offered my sweaty...etc hand to you, yet you still respond to me very cooly, sigh.

God, I hope Alonso wins it, that way Hamilton's helping hand the FIA will hopefully be forgotten for a while and the various inconsistancies won't be considered an issue. Yawn. I'm glad the race is starting.

:lol: What do you want me to do blow you a kiss :lol:

I want KR to win just because McLaren has done such a bad job manging their two drivers. They had their points stripped for cheating, (don't understand how come the drivers didn't loose their points). I mean the cheating was severe enough to warrant a $100,000,000 fine, and yet not severe enough to taint the drivers wins??????. More inconsistant FIA rulings. KR and FM have been professionals all year long. I have never been much of a Ferrari fan or a Kimi, fan, but I think justice would be served if Kimi wins it.

I want KR to win just because McLaren has done such a bad job manging their two drivers. They had their points stripped for cheating, (don't understand how come the drivers didn't loose their points). I mean the cheating was severe enough to warrant a $100,000,000 fine, and yet not severe enough to taint the drivers wins??????. More inconsistant FIA rulings. KR and FM have been professionals all year long. I have never been much of a Ferrari fan or a Kimi, fan, but I think justice would be served if Kimi wins it.

Yes I just want to feel loved!

I agree with you about Kimi, just checkout my sig. I also agree about the drivers not getting fines, but then again I think the verdict was crap anyway and that Mclaren didn't gain anything signifigant from it, so therefore I don't believe their wins are tainted by it, the information that is.

If you're offering YHR. :) We only want a :kiss: Haven't you realised why we act so awkward when we're around you?