Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halfie

2007 Brazillian Grand Prix Thread

Its sadly the finale of Formula One this season and the whole season comes to an end to decide who the World Drivers Champion will be. For the first time since 1986 there is a 3 way battle for the championship! So lets discuss the race and race buildup.

First question I cant seem to find answered on the forums is that Massa has not been punished for the Yellow flag infraction during Free Practice 3?

I think Ferrari will take it, possibly a red 1-2. Not gonna predict champion directly, but I think Lewis will have a nice weekend...

Massa-Kimi-Hammy

If nothing happens that is, but I'm optimistic we'll see some mad fights and hopefully a few little crashes.

Alonso fears title lost in qualifying

By Brian HomewoodSaturday, October 20th 2007, 20:27 GMT

Fernando Alonso said he has likely lost his chance to win a third consecutive world championship by finishing fourth - and behind both Ferrari drivers - in qualifying for Sunday's decisive Brazilian Grand Prix.

Alonso, four points behind McLaren teammate and championship leader Lewis Hamilton, said he would have to depend on some misfortune for his opponents in order to win his third title in a row.

Asked about his title chances, Alonso told reporters on Saturday: "Less than yesterday, for sure."

"Unfortunately, one of the possibilities to win the championship was to win the race and put a Ferrari between us. Now, it's unlikely to happen.

"It seems impossible but you never know in Formula One."

Alonso's title hopes were revived in China two weeks ago when 22-year-old British rookie Hamilton skidded into a gravel trap, blowing his chance to wrap up the championship with one race to spare.

That Grand Prix was won by Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen, who is a further three points behind Alonso in the first three-way title decider since 1986.

"It's like China, I need a special race to become champion. If everything goes normally, then it's nearly over for me," said Alonso.

"It is not that I'm pessimistic, I am realistic and I know I need a race like China or something like that, a mechanical problem or something very unlucky for my opponents.

"We're only two hours after qualifying, and finishing fourth and throwing away a little bit my only possibility to win the race, which was to start in pole."

He said of his car: "The balance was not too bad, the car was quite good and we were not quick enough."

Alonso, who has not been on speaking terms with team boss Ron Dennis since the Hungarian Grand Prix in early August, also touched on his season and his frosty relationship with the team.

"In every championship or race, you learn things," he said. "For sure, I've learned things this year. It's not a secret that I didn't have the best relationship with the team.

"Even in the last race, we heard from the team principal that they were racing against me in a way, that is not very nice."

Dennis said after the race in Shanghai, when asked why they had not brought Hamilton in earlier for a tyre change, that "we were not racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando".

Source

=====================================================================

Never say never, Fernando [yes, I know he doesn't actually say never].

Massa's seems like a man pocessed, considering that he has got nothing to loose, lets just hope that he dosent do something Crazy at the start and screw the whole title around.

he could sweep infront of lewis before turn one forcing Lewis to lift therefore Kimi will breeze past and Fernando will have no where to go and there goes Lewis's Rear wing, and Alonso front suspension.

Then Massa wins at home and Kimi takes the title?

Lets hope nothin happens, but we have seen Ferrari tactics come to the fore BEfore and the way that this season has been, it would be the perfect way to END this Contraversial season!

I just hope we see a nice clean title fight to the end (and that Hamilton wins it, I want to see some flamboyant celebrations!).

My only worry is that the first corner here is always tricky, as the corner sweeps left then to the right for the chicane meaning that someone on the outside has a real advantage when pushing someone to the inside for the second part of the chicane.

So we will see what happens, choose what you say the start is incredibly crucial today.

Only 5 hours to go until the race starts and in 7 hours time we may have a new World Drivers Champion!

Its sadly the finale of Formula One this season and the whole season comes to an end to decide who the World Drivers Champion will be. For the first time since 1986 there is a 3 way battle for the championship! So lets discuss the race and race buildup.

First question I cant seem to find answered on the forums is that Massa has not been punished for the Yellow flag infraction during Free Practice 3?

Well, considering how things have gone this season, the safe bet is that they will penalize Massa if there is any chance how ever small that they can get away with it, more so when Whiting has done the utter impossible before when it comes to fixing races so...

Well, considering how things have gone this season, the safe bet is that they will penalize Massa if there is any chance how ever small that they can get away with it, more so when Whiting has done the utter impossible before when it comes to fixing races so...

Well I think its important that the race and WDC are decided on the track and not within the FIA. So I welcome no punishment for Massa and a race for the WDC that is decided on the track.

2 hours 40 minutes to go!

Alonso takes Hamilton out with him and Kimi cruises to victory.

I really don't see that happeneing.... rather Hammy might by mistake take out Kimi when Kimi is pushing hard to overtake and let Alonso cruise; or the other way, Alonso takes out Kimi and Lewis wins...

1 hour 8 minutes before the start now :) This is one of the most exciting F1 races in years for me :)

Lets hope for a good clean race!

Some rumours at the moment:

- Soft tyres can only last 8 laps in the temperatures on the track.

- Possiblity the safety car may be used with wet tyres bolted on for a bit to negate having to use the soft tyre.

Seems the tyre situation is worse than we thought.

Alonso takes Hamilton out with him and Kimi cruises to victory.

That would be the kind of justice we have missed all season.

I wonder how many Brits are watching...?

To put this in perspective several years ago the race calender finished in Japan, and the ratings for the race were less than 600,000 at the end of the race. To give you an idea of how bad this was, more people were watching Teletubbies if I recall on BBC2. Childrens Television beat the Formula 1 comprehensively. Now imagine the millions watching the racing - it will be incredible...

I think this will be highest ever Audience for Formula 1 on ITV. It remains to be seen exactly how high it is, tomorrow morning we shall find out :)

Have to admit - ITV-F1 have really invested in the build up here... The actual clips and segments they are doing is great so far. It seems they have invested a lot of time in making this work - also the soundtrack for the day is "24 - the longest day" and they seem to have random 24 split screen bits in the 24 style counting down to the race.

Also the main lead in trailer before the race is "The Big Weekend" with a Mclaren Mercedes F1 car with Hamilton standing by it. I'm impressed, the only time there was more suspense was 1997 with all 3 drivers setting identical times for pole!

Have to admit - ITV-F1 have really invested in the build up here... The actual clips and segments they are doing is great so far. It seems they have invested a lot of time in making this work - also the soundtrack for the day is "24 - the longest day" and they seem to have random 24 split screen bits in the 24 style counting down to the race.

Also the main lead in trailer before the race is "The Big Weekend" with a Mclaren Mercedes F1 car with Hamilton standing by it. I'm impressed, the only time there was more suspense was 1997 with all 3 drivers setting identical times for pole!

Yes I agree, a nice build up by ITV. Good stuff.

A great feature on 1986, 89, 90, 94, 97, 98. All the seasons when it came down to the wire. Mansell blowing up, Senna/Prost various collisions, Schumacher and Hill's collision, and Schumacher and Jacques collision.

A great feature on 1986, 89, 90, 94, 97, 98. All the seasons when it came down to the wire. Mansell blowing up, Senna/Prost various collisions, Schumacher and Hill's collision, and Schumacher and Jacques collision.

Yes - ITV are really excelling themselves this time - and its when it counts. And now were on the Grid?

Where is everyone else in this thread?

This is the title deciding race come on! The tyres look to be crucial in this - everyone seems worried about it, Jarno is concerned, so are the teams!

WTF??? Bernie is now saying he'd prefer Alonso to win the championship.

EDIT: 982 posts now, 1982 the year GV left us (that was just a random thought).