Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Drivers View

I have just finished watching the INDY race at Surfers Paradise here in OZ.

One Camera shot was from a camera mounted inside the drivers helmut, seeing what the driver sees !!!

For the life of me I do not know HOW they can see where they are going, was great viewing.

Come on F1 do the same thing

One Camera shot was from a camera mounted inside the drivers helmut, seeing what the driver sees !!!

For the life of me I do not know HOW they can see where they are going, was great viewing.

agree

I agree, the coverage in Indy and Champcar in many ways supercedes that of F1. The Race Director service for Champcar is v.interesting as it allows web-based coverage, different camera angles, timing, pit-car radios and also on-demand service featuring practice and qualifying and interviews as well as the race. Whilst poorly executed sometimes, the idea is great and if only F1 could do this.

In these series I also like to constant scrolling ticker featuring driver positions/gaps and they quite often will feature telemetry information when showing in-car action.

Yes I agree, sadly a drivers view does not give anything in the way of advertising (you can't see any sponsors on the car), so F1 doesn't have it. Surfers paradise is a great track.

I agree, the coverage in Indy and Champcar in many ways supercedes that of F1. The Race Director service for Champcar is v.interesting as it allows web-based coverage, different camera angles, timing, pit-car radios and also on-demand service featuring practice and qualifying and interviews as well as the race. Whilst poorly executed sometimes, the idea is great and if only F1 could do this.

In these series I also like to constant scrolling ticker featuring driver positions/gaps and they quite often will feature telemetry information when showing in-car action.

I must say I don't like that at all, I find it annoying & tacky, each to his own I suppose.

We had a similar topic a small while back; basically yeah i like the extra stuff RD's put in.. In F1 they just suck, sometimes there is an interesting battle going on and then the RD switches to the race leader for no apparent reason....