Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Kimi Wins The Wdc!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you. Personally I care more about who is the best, not who is the youngest.

:lol: You're the king of wishful thinking Mike! Halfway through the season you and most of the rest of the forum seemed to believe that Alonso et al would never be willing to cheat to the extent that they were, in fact, found to be willing to go to. Likewise your argument that if the points table is close, the drivers must necessarily have decided it, is very naive. We discussed this in another thread in more detail as you know. Regarding this year, I already said Kimi deserved it as he was the best driver probably, but the post of mine that you were replying to was a response to someone who said that car differences will have a decisive role next year.

Drivers still are decisive when cars are in similar conditions. Three contenders. Three good cars. Lewis makes a mistake and losses the title. Nando crashes his car in China and compromises his chances. Kimi for once avoided the mistakes at crucial moments that plagued his past and went to snatch a title no one really thought possible.

Maybe I'm missing something here? :eusa_think:

You are missing Hungary... Give alonso 5 points and take 2 from Hamilton. :rolleyes:

Drivers still are decisive when cars are in similar conditions. Three contenders. Three good cars. Lewis makes a mistake and losses the title. Nando crashes his car in China and compromises his chances. Kimi for once avoided the mistakes at crucial moments that plagued his past and went to snatch a title no one really thought possible.

I agree, the title was decided by mistakes.

If it went on talent, Kimi would already be a double Champ by now. A long over due title, and he deserves it so much, GO KIMI!!

:lol: No, I'm not arguing so much about this year. Mike and I disagree over what happens most years. As for this year though, AleHop's response is better than his usual standard:

You are missing Hungary... Give alonso 5 points and take 2 from Hamilton. :rolleyes:

Also, Andres, we don't actually know that the cars were exactly equal. What if the Ferrari was a marginally better car over the whole season? Maybe Alonso did better than Kimi to only be one point behind, when the Ferrari was perhaps worth an extra 5 points over the whole season?

If it went on talent, Kimi would already be a double Champ by now. A long over due title, and he deserves it so much, GO KIMI!!

Quite possibly. No one can really say otherwise and that's the whole problem imho.

:lol: No, I'm not arguing so much about this year. Mike and I disagree over what happens most years. As for this year though, AleHop's response is better than his usual standard:

Also, Andres, we don't actually know that the cars were exactly equal. What if the Ferrari was a marginally better car over the whole season? Maybe Alonso did better than Kimi to only be one point behind, when the Ferrari was perhaps worth an extra 5 points over the whole season?

Quite possibly. No one can really say otherwise and that's the whole problem imho.

I still don't get your point. This is the same for football, rugby, tic tac toe, any sport. Who knows if the Springboks were actually the best Rugby team? They didn't have to play against many other teams because of the qualifying system. What about tennis?

I am still missing something, I guess...oh, well.

I still don't get your point. This is the same for football, rugby, tic tac toe, any sport. Who knows if the Springboks were actually the best Rugby team? They didn't have to play against many other teams because of the qualifying system. What about tennis?

I am still missing something, I guess...oh, well.

:lol: Yeah I think you're over complicating it enormously. The Boks won each match they played against the winners of all the other matches in a fair way. They beat England who beat Australia and France, who in turn beat NZ. I agree that's not an absolutely perfect system, but it is much better than trying to compare drivers in unequal cars!! It's the same in tennis: the guy who wins the tournament is the guy who beats his rivals on the day in a fair match. But in F1 they all have different equipment. It's like giving Nadal an old wooden racket against Federer and pretending it's a fair contest. Or making the Pumas always play uphill into the wind and pretending it's fair!

:lol: Yeah I think you're over complicating it enormously. The Boks won each match they played against the winners of all the other matches in a fair way. They beat England who beat Australia and France, who in turn beat NZ. I agree that's not an absolutely perfect system, but it is much better than trying to compare drivers in unequal cars!! It's the same in tennis: the guy who wins the tournament is the guy who beats his rivals on the day in a fair match. But in F1 they all have different equipment. It's like giving Nadal an old wooden racket against Federer and pretending it's a fair contest. Or making the Pumas always play uphill into the wind and pretending it's fair!

I still don't get it. :lol:

You can't tell whether a driver is good or not unless he wins a WDC? You think that the car is so important that all drivers are interchangeable? We all know the best car with a mediocre driver will usually beat the best driver in a mediocre car. Yet that doesn't impede the rest of us from telling an Ide from a Button. None of them won any championships. Both had crappy cars, yet totally different. But you could still tell one from the other, couldn't you?

This is a sport, not a physics experiment. You are being too picky!

You can't tell whether a driver is good or not unless he wins a WDC? You think that the car is so important that all drivers are interchangeable? We all know the best car with a mediocre driver will usually beat the best driver in a mediocre car. Yet that doesn't impede the rest of us from telling an Ide from a Button. None of them won any championships. Both had crappy cars, yet totally different. But you could still tell one from the other, couldn't you?

Couldn't agree more.

Kimi kept his head down and went for the win. He never b!tched or complained; he just got down to it and kept working. That is the hallmark of a champion. Well done, Kimi!

Exactly! Well done Kimi! It was the Ice Man's performance at Suzuka in 05 that first got me into F1, I'm so happy to see him finally take a well deserved title! No matter what happens now, at least he can enjoy knowing he's achieved the highest possible result in F1. Congratulations also to Ferrari, who showed they can take the title without Brawn, Stepney or Schumacher! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Well done to kimi. He was a bit lucky but he totally deserve that kind of luck, I mean imagine what kind of luck he had there in Mclaren. His car keeps failing him then. At last he got the WDC that he totally deserve, well done to him. He is the true heir of Michael Schumacher at Ferrari.

Lewis blew this one, that is for sure. He made very costly mistakes, so yeah he will learn from that. Good to see mika hakkinen around, I almost wished he was in that Mclaren. He wouldn't have screwed up as lewis did.

Congrats Kimi....

and as for Lewis whatever happened , i shud say he didnt create history for a rookie champion and hence the old saying "a rookie is a rookie" and not a champ in his first year

:lol: I can't tell whether you do get it! Maybe you do! Don't be so modest!

It's a matter of opinion of course, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want the best driver to win the WDC. I don't think it's too picky. I wonder what people think the WDC actually means, if that person makes no claim to be the best.

Of course we can tell whether a driver is good without him getting a WDC. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. But what I want is a fair fight between drivers, and I don't think we get that in a typical year. Was Kimi really better than Nando this year? If Nando had been in Kimi's team situation in Ferrari would it have made a difference? Can we honestly judge that to within one point between 3 drivers? Especially when two had help from their team mates. Was Alonso really better than Michael last year? Did Kimi deserve to finish 5th? And the year before? We all know there will be many smart people on this forum who would argue each side of those debates.

I think people here (not so much you) refuse to face facts. Hopefully after this year people will accept the reality that everyone cheats. Now I just need to explain how the WDC is often affected by the cars. I gave a detailed analysis in the other thread btw. :lol:

well done kimi, he fully deserves this championship, he should be a 3 time world champion by now so im really happy for him now he got one. definately driver of the year, put his head down and did wat he had to do. job done.

Unbalievable!! So great!! Kimi really deserved it!!!! I wonder if Brad's getting drunk to celebrate it, being the only one to believe in a miracle so Kimi would win?

I was shouting so loud yesterday the people in the pub must've think I'm nuts. I have believed in a dream, and it was fulfilled. Thank you everyone for the well wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes freaky2, UNBELIEVABLE miracle!!!!

I love it! What a deserving champion. Kimi is the best!!!

Here's to Kimi!!!!

I was jumping with joy when i saw alonso overtook hamilton and when hamilton's car almost dies for 30 odd sec. i knew kimi will be WDC. but when massa pitted second time his 3 back to back fast lap made sure that he will come ahead of massa after his pit..

CONGRATS KIMI for winning WDC and thanks FERRARI for giving him a tank for a car so that he could win (as per comments by some earlier in the season for kimi) :P

I got to get in on this, though I haven't had a chance to watch the race, YET. He's a talent I've always admired. He's one of the reasons I watch this sport. Its a little weird in red overalls though, (lol), but regardless its amazing!

Love it and have been wanting to see it. It got away from him in 2005. He's always, always had what it took. Through out this season, when he's won he's won well. I'm really don't know what to write, but this sounds good:

KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION!!!

:clap3:

FINALLY KIMI WON !!!! :yahoo:

Ferrari gave him what Maclaren couldnt give him for some 4-5 years

Woohoooo

Congrats to Kimi .. You are the King :worshippy::worshippy:

Sid

KIMI IS THE MAN :beer22: ,

HAMILTON IS OVER :banana-wave:

ALONSO IS SECOND BEST :beer:

NEXT HAMILTON IS JUST ONE OF THE DRIVERS TO FILL A PLACE IN A CAR HIS DREAM IS OVER :lol:

MASSA IS THIRD