Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

en3sge

2007 Wdc Conspiracy Theory - What Do You All Think?

I now 100% believe that this year's world driver's championship was fixed. I will explain.

Public interest is so important in the sport to attract sponsor revenue etc and its therefore important that public interest is kept at a high level for the duration of the season. A number of weeks ago Mclaren was punished for using Ferrari documents/data etc and stripped of its constructors points. I believe that they were also stripped of any chance of winning the drivers championship because the infringement was so severe. However, this was not made public and kept firmly under wraps as this would have effectively ended the whole F1 season and the public would switch off and revenue would be lost. In order to make Ferrari win the drivers championship and make this court order invisible to the public (and hence keep up public interest) the team (but probably NOT lewis) was told to impede Hamilton where possible to help Ferrari close the gap and make Raikkonen win. Here are two examples:

1) China - Lewis spins off in the pits as the pit crew make him stay out way too long on the worn tires. Knowing the pit entry was probably much wetter than the race track and knowing Hamilton's enthusiastic racing style they knew he would have no chnace on the entry and crash or spin out, thus gifting Raikkonen a net 10 points.

2) Brazil - Lewis still has a chance of winning the championship - hmm, how to stop him? Lets see, lets fiddle with the transmission electrics and blame it on a gremlin thus losing him 40 odd seconds. lewis still doesnt know the team are scewing with him and fights HARD to make it back up the grid, almost taking out Barrichello in the process. Mclaren, knowing Lewis is STILL on target to make the championship, then put him on a 3 stop strategy knowing that would screw him over completely for the race. championship over.

My belief is further vindicated by Bernie, when interviewed at the beginning of the ITV F1 show (uk) who correctly predicted Raikkonen to win (I didnt hear him say that but Brundle said later on his commentary he did say this) and was also completely confused and a lot unlike his normal self when being interviewed- like he was trying to hide something.

And where does Alonso fit in this? Perfectly, look at the end result, 1 point behind Kimi and exteremely slow in Brazil, 40 seconds away from the lead. This hasnt happened all year and Lewis was well on the pace all weekend.

This is just my opinion. I am actually really convined now, what are the chances that all these pieces of the jigsaw puzzle fitting together to make the last race on an absolute knife edge and make Mclaren, who were the fastest most of the year, come away with nothing?

Feel free to leave your thoughts. Thx

It definitely seems odd that Lewis somehow managed to score just 2 points in the last 2 GP for reasons outside his control

It definitely seems odd that Lewis somehow managed to score just 2 points in the last 2 GP for reasons outside his control

Outside his control?

Out in the pit lane and out in the second curve that caused him problems later was really out of his control?

:eusa_think:

I now 100% believe that this year's world driver's championship was fixed. I will explain.

Public interest is so important in the sport to attract sponsor revenue etc and its therefore important that public interest is kept at a high level for the duration of the season. A number of weeks ago Mclaren was punished for using Ferrari documents/data etc and stripped of its constructors points. I believe that they were also stripped of any chance of winning the drivers championship because the infringement was so severe. However, this was not made public and kept firmly under wraps as this would have effectively ended the whole F1 season and the public would switch off and revenue would be lost. In order to make Ferrari win the drivers championship and make this court order invisible to the public (and hence keep up public interest) the team (but probably NOT lewis) was told to impede Hamilton where possible to help Ferrari close the gap and make Raikkonen win. Here are two examples:

1) China - Lewis spins off in the pits as the pit crew make him stay out way too long on the worn tires. Knowing the pit entry was probably much wetter than the race track and knowing Hamilton's enthusiastic racing style they knew he would have no chnace on the entry and crash or spin out, thus gifting Raikkonen a net 10 points.

2) Brazil - Lewis still has a chance of winning the championship - hmm, how to stop him? Lets see, lets fiddle with the transmission electrics and blame it on a gremlin thus losing him 40 odd seconds. lewis still doesnt know the team are scewing with him and fights HARD to make it back up the grid, almost taking out Barrichello in the process. Mclaren, knowing Lewis is STILL on target to make the championship, then put him on a 3 stop strategy knowing that would screw him over completely for the race. championship over.

My belief is further vindicated by Bernie, when interviewed at the beginning of the ITV F1 show (uk) who correctly predicted Raikkonen to win (I didnt hear him say that but Brundle said later on his commentary he did say this) and was also completely confused and a lot unlike his normal self when being interviewed- like he was trying to hide something.

And where does Alonso fit in this? Perfectly, look at the end result, 1 point behind Kimi and exteremely slow in Brazil, 40 seconds away from the lead. This hasnt happened all year and Lewis was well on the pace all weekend.

This is just my opinion. I am actually really convined now, what are the chances that all these pieces of the jigsaw puzzle fitting together to make the last race on an absolute knife edge and make Mclaren, who were the fastest most of the year, come away with nothing?

Just shut up and go home.............Thx.

NO i dont agree. Why would Ron Dennis who is the man who borught up Hamilton mess up with his WDC. Its all about LUCK and LUCK was with Ferrari and KIMI and ofcourse KIMI has been excellent this year. All that i can say its hamilton's misfortune , good luck next year for him :)

Eh - Bernie did say he thought Hamilton would win with ease just after the qualifying. And this is just complete BS. Can't we just put all the controversy behind us already now that the season is over?

Kimi won. He deserved it.

Hamilton can try again next year. And by saying try I don't think he has a chance to win, as McLaren will be back to normal and the car won't last for half of th races.

And who has orchestrated this master plan, and persuaded Ron not to just go public? When you've just fined a team $100 mil I can't imagine they're going to be particularly cooperative.

At MINUMUM Ron would want his $100 million back. And keeping that kind of payoff quiet would be next to impossible, and not worth the risk given that the sport would be effectively destroyed if it ever came out.

Statistically it's not really that unlikely either. Before the race I would have expected a Ferrari 1-2. That means it's only Lewis's car failure which was out of the ordinary. But the McLarens have been unusually rock-solid all year. There's no reason why a car failure on the last race should be unlikely.

There's too many holes in this IMO.

I am so happy McLaren-Mercedes didn't win anything this year... Hello Ron Dennis, hello Norbert Haug...

:clap3:

I think you are thinking too much - too many things could go wrong for it to be a fix and incidentally Bernie said he wanted Alonso to win, not Raikonnen.

Raikonnen won on the back of 6 well deserved wins. He would have been higher up in the points were it not for Ferrari's poor reliability. Long overdue and all credit to him.

Hamilton came 2nd in the WDC - no mean feat for a kid of his age and in his rookie year. I believe he showed some of his inexperience this year, but still drove the wheels off the car and did a good job. He will be a force to be reckoned with. I do believe that McLaren have let him down on occasions with questionable decisions.

Alonso was quick, but not quick enough. He got spooked by his team-mate and results weren't good enough for lots of reasons I am sure, but all the politics and stress must have taken their toll.

So no, not a fix, actually a good representation of how they have driven this season.

As a Brit I would liked to have seen Hamilton get the WDC (even though I am not a fan), but for me Raikonnen was also equally deserving. Good result.

I am so happy McLaren-Mercedes didn't win anything this year... Hello Ron Dennis, hello Norbert Haug...

Alehop you really need to chill out a bit - not good to have all this hate and invective.

Take a more philosophical view. Its only a sport.

Alehop you really need to chill out a bit - not good to have all this hate and invective.

Take a more philosophical view. Its only a sport.

I need a few minutes to recover... I am still laughing.

Sorry!

That's what the greek commentators said...That there is a rumour that the mclaren drivers' didn't get excluded (cause it would harm the championship) but they all agreed that a ferrari driver would get this title!I don't know...but i don't think it's true...

hahahaha...That was the most stupid bad looser i have seen hahhaa, Hamilton has only him self to blame for give away the title he had on a golden platter ;)

There are some curious events, especially the way Bernie was acting before the race, quite defensive. Not enough evidence and I don't care because Kimi won.

There are some curious events, especially the way Bernie was acting before the race, quite defensive. Not enough evidence and I don't care because Kimi won.

That was just Bernie playing devil's advocate, trying not to appear to favour a British driver. Nothing to it, Kimi won fair and square.

Sorry but this is too funny!! I realy think the real conspiracy and the truth lies in the spaceship hovering above Interlagos! Today's race was out of this planet and the driver with the extraterrestrial talent won... :o . I leave the rest to you... :whistling:

That was just Bernie playing devil's advocate, trying not to appear to favour a British driver. Nothing to it, Kimi won fair and square.

Yes that's what I thought, however he did go about it in a strange way, must be senile.

Yes that's what I thought, however he did go about it in a strange way, must be senile.

That's all it was, I don't think he was any more senile than normal! :lol:

:clap3: Thx to you!Good joke! :roll: you made me laugh after the disappointment of a Ferrari win!

You mean his hands were outside his control?Really?Now that explains it all.

Great theory. The only problem is that so many things had to be orchestrated for things to pan out the way they did.

Example - What if Kubica and Rosberg took out each other during that overtaking manouver. What if a car in the top 5 spun out? What if the Ferraris weren't as quick as they were and they suffered from a mechanical problem? that would make Hamilton champion immediately. Its only the last two races that Hamilton has lost out. If your theory had any truth to it, he would have lost many more points sooner.

Sorry, after the first one I decided to just read a couple of random posts here and there so excuse me if anybody posted this before.

Have you thought there might have been UFOs involved? It would make as much sense. Think about it.

bulls##t I say.

This season apart from the driver whining and Spy Sh#t, has been the best I have watched. **** it! These drivers were gladiators banging wheels, they did it as if it meant life for them, I don't ever think FOR A MOMENT Lewis or Alonso will ever slow down to let a Ferrari win.

Anyone who said the race was fixed needs to wear spectacles. <_<

Sorry, after the first one I decided to just read a couple of random posts here and there so excuse me if anybody posted this before.

Have you thought there might have been UFOs involved? It would make as much sense. Think about it.

hmm... :eusa_think: one of those UFOs came too close to Hamilton's car which caused its electricals stuff to fail. No Andres?

hmm... :eusa_think: one of those UFOs came too close to Hamilton's car which caused its electricals stuff to fail. No Andres?

Indeed.

And Jean Todt's anatomy is definitely alien.

Plus, I am pretty sure Kimispeak is actually Klingon.

Indeed.

And Jean Todt's anatomy is definitely alien.

Plus, I am pretty sure Kimispeak is actually Klingon.

hmm.... :eusa_think: Alehop is Alonso! :P n YHR is JV! :D