Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Bmw And Williams Under Investigation

where is the mistake?

bmw drivers have ilegal cars one single race(or thats what stewarts said): they are disqualified in that race

mclaren drivers have ilegal cars the whole season: they are not disqualified only the team is penalized

?????????????' makes that sense? please explain me

There are many other factors. For example, the McLaren drivers were granted immunity in exchange for revealing information, so they were never going to be penalised. For a further example, it is totally unproven whether the McLaren car was illegal or not. And there are many other issues that would have to be considered.

Yes, please explain it for all of us. And remember my english is not that good.

This is not the final decision but the three drivers will not be penalized so Kimi is and will be 2007 WDC.

How can you be so confident? I'm deeply concerned considering the FIA's incompetence.

EDIT: Nevermind it's been confirmed.

Having someone's IP can influence your ideas, whetherit's a conscious effort or not.

THANK GOD KIMI AND THE TEAMS ARE CLEAR, THANK GOD.

How can you be so confident? I'm deeply concerned considering the FIA's incompetence.

Well you should consider that this time it is Ferrari who could feel unhappy after a make up decision.

I don't have any link but someone left one two posts above.

Who was it who had a drive through penalty? I just saw it flash up on the screen on the highlights show but missed the number

Rubens - car no 8.

Well perhaps its best the saga is ended now to keep some sanity in the season.

But cant Mclaren appeal this now? I mean if the fuel broke the regulations then a punishment should be forthcoming or else why does the rule exist in the first place if can be broken?

This can set a bad precedent.

Well perhaps its best the saga is ended now to keep some sanity in the season.

But cant Mclaren appeal this now? I mean if the fuel broke the regulations then a punishment should be forthcoming or else why does the rule exist in the first place if can be broken?

This can set a bad precedent.

Maybe because FIA has already split responsibility for the team and for the drivers with some previous decisions... :eusa_think:

Maybe because FIA has already split responsibility for the team and for the drivers with some previous decisions... :eusa_think:

But the point is that if no punishment comes of this its yet another rule to be flouted in the future surely? I mean if no punishment is given on one occasion then no punishment can be given the next time as its the same rule break?

But the point is that if no punishment comes of this its yet another rule to be flouted in the future surely? I mean if no punishment is given on one occasion then no punishment can be given the next time as its the same rule break?

Would that be a first for FIA?

And yes - the FIA have already split driver and team - this is not driver fault, therefore, they sholdn't be DQ'd according to the Mclaren precedent - maaan if they had rule over a country their laws would be so messed up! I wouldn't study THAT!!! I should have done a dissertation on the messed up laws and rules of FIA precedents!

I remember twice this year FIA saying it will be penalized... next time but no this one because blah, blah, blah. Both involving Hamilton. On was the crane affair at Nurburgring and the second was the Safety Car incident in Japan.

I remember twice this year FIA saying it will be penalized... next time but no this one because blah, blah, blah. Both involving Hamilton. On was the crane affair at Nurburgring and the second was the Safety Car incident in Japan.

But those incidents were both aspects of the unwritten rules of F1 with rules that vaugely were open to interpretation (the only thing was to keep 5 lengths behind the safety car, and that marshals may assist the car back onto the track if its in a dangerous position).

So the rules are open to interpretation, plus what difference would excluding Hamilton have made in Nurburgring? None he finished out of the points.

This rule break is a blatent one, the point is if any advantage was gained during the race - it sounds a bad precedant for other teams to cool fuel if Eurosport is correct.

I was under the impression that the crane incident was not a rules infraction?

BBC are confirming Kimi Raikkonen as Champion now almost 30 minutes after Eurosport broke the story.

Damn!

But well done Kimi - and I guess in the end its the right result.

This rule break is a blatent one, the point is if any advantage was gained during the race - it sounds a bad precedant for other teams to cool fuel if Eurosport is correct.

Apparently this has happened during the whole season and FIA has done nothing. It wouldn't make sense if they punish a team just to change the result of the championship. Probably they could do it but they should do the same thing they did during 16 races before.

Yeah, they're confirming it everywhere now, autosport has an article on it finally! If they would have punished them, it would have gone against everything the fia has done all season tbh!

But the stewards said in a later statement, issued more than six hours after the end of the race, that there was sufficient doubt about the fuel temperatures "as to render it inappropriate to impose a penalty".

Makes more sense than anything else they've done this season...