Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso

Flavio Briatore says McLaren has no-one to blame for failing to win the drivers' world championship. The Renault boss, who shares a prickly relationship with his McLaren counterpart Ron Dennis, thinks the tension between teammates Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso was a devastating factor as the battle against Ferrari reached its climax in Brazil last Sunday. Briatore would be delighted to reunite his French squad with Alonso next year, but he nonetheless thinks McLaren should have sidelined the openly uncomfortable Spaniard. "They should have put a reserve in Alonso's place and Hamilton would have won without any problem," the Italian told Antenna 3 television.

:o

Well, the thing is, you can't have it all ways. Ferrari, if you listen to quite a lot of people, are the devil incarnate. A team of such a disposition would have no trouble, in my mind, of casting Schumi onto the heap if he did not deliver. I know Schumi had no. 1 status, but I believe he earnt it in many ways, not least his performance behind the wheel. I do not think for 1 minute that if any of the other drivers had even looked close to matching him, that Ferrari wouldn't have thought twice about letting them race each other until there was a favourite. I think this season is the blueprint for that and I believe that would have/could have happened the whole time Schumi was in the team.

They did boot him at the end. Politics seem to had more to do with it than performance.

I disagree with the apparent consensus that Lewis choked. He made a few mistakes for sure, but I think he was ultimately thwarted by luck. Could be wrong though.

I have to agree. Hamilton made mistakes, sure, but choked? Don't think so.

The pitlane fckup was an abnormality on many levels.

In Brazil, trying to pass Alonso was a risk he didn't need to take but that he could afford. The engine shutdown, even if provoked by him, was a freak thing.

this track has been recently resurfaced. most drivers where surprised how different it is without all those bumps.

so I do not see a major drawback here for hamilton

It was not me who said this, my friend, it was someone else.

No, your favorite racer lost :naughty:

He's been absolutely pathetic, you are the one that has to face things. At the end he even hasn't been able to beat Fernando. Funny when he was receiving all the advantage. as i said.. pa-the-tic :naughty:

Now, now, give Hamilton a break. His bid for the WC was RD's fabrication with a push from FIA.

How can you say that? Did you see the qualy? have you seen Fernando's best lap? 0.7 seconds slower than Kimi's or Lewi's (so weird...) Freaky, don't make me laugh <_<

That, for sure, is true. Alonso's car in Brazil was a lemon.

I am honestly amazed how much Alonso has accomplished this season with so little on his side and so fcking much against him.

Have you read this:

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6909/1/

It is not the whole story, or simply "the story", but it is an interesting read.

No, I haven't, but I have read other stories regarding his retirement, at the time.

Schumi said it was his decision to retire when he did and Ferrari said the same thing, anything else is just pure media or personal speculation, at the end of the day. They could both be lying, who knows, but at the end of the day you can either take it at face value or have your own reasons for not believing them.

Personally, I don't think the subsequent actions of him working, in whatever capacity he has, at Ferrari are the actions of a man who was forced out by politics. However, each to their own.

Personally, I don't think the subsequent actions of him working, in whatever capacity he has, at Ferrari are the actions of a man who was forced out by politics. However, each to their own.

Indeed. Hungry people who are thrown out of restaurants will always find somwhere else to eat. People who have eaten enough sit back and enjoy a cigar.