Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

R U Happy About 2007 Season

R U Happy about 2007 season  

39 members have voted

1. 1. R U Happy about 2007 season

• Yes
    • No

Whatever happened so far in this season....R U Happy or not.....

i dont want to have a choice for "cant say" and hence chose the boolean way...lets see the pulse of the forum readers...

Yes cos KR won it finally*.

*appeal pending

Nothings gonna come of it. Imagine explaining "Yeah, oops... Sorry guys... BMW and Williams had fuel which was a few degrees cooler and so we must make Hamilton champion".... heh. Neeeever gonna happen.

and yes im elated with the way things ended. The right team and the right man won. And the way everything blew up in McLaren's face was something I will savor for a long long time to come.

Whatever happened so far in this season....R U Happy or not.....

i dont want to have a choice for "cant say" and hence chose the boolean way...lets see the pulse of the forum readers...

I suspect that some of the forum members have no pulse.

But I am happy with the season as a whole. Excluding rabid fanboys and conspiracy theorists.

All in all i think we had a great season this year. Hope the next 1 will be as good as this 1!

>

^ The overall track action was disapointing compared to 2003, not to mention 1986.

There were only 4 proper races, the 3 wets (Nurburgring, Suzuka, China) + Montreal, the rest was average to mediocre culminating with the super-boring Monaco race.

I've seen the 86 season, and back then a boring race was we'd call today an average race.

I just had a waking dream. I watched the whole 2007 season, never reading the press and ignoring the idiots on this website. It turns out it was a formidable year.

I voted no for obvious reasons - I've had 24hrs to digest the shock result of Kimi's win and find myself well and truly gutted at the manner in which Mclaren handled a season in which their car was the class of the field.

With the benefit of hindsight I think the team should have abandoned their equality policy and backed, dare I say it, Alonso for 2007 WDC - Lewis is a fast driver, but he was a rookie and was bound to crack as the season came to an end - Lewis lost the WDC in China not in Brasil - Alonso would not have made such a stupid mistake in either continuing on fading tyres or skid off at the entrance to the pit. Mclaren should have nurtured Lewis in his rookie year in preparation for a title in assault in 2008 or 2009 - Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, Mclaren are paid to get it right and the c#cked up big time.

I feel that Mclaren and F1 have cheated me this season and I am waiting for someone to say it has all been a joke and Lewis/Nando are WDC - How Ferrari managed to win the WDC & WCC is just shocking and an incredible end to the season for me.

Lewis choked big time and has made a fool of me to even think that he could have pulled it off - How could he lose 17 points to Kimi over 2 races :blink: The mind boggles - I have avoided every newspaper and article that quotes Lewis that he will win the WDC next year - erm...no! You will not be a rookie next year so the pressure and expectation will be magnified -

As for Kimi as WDC, nah! The guy is a cold fish that will do nothing to promote F1 - He is not a role model nor does he really care about F1 - But I respect his army of fans and congratulate you all on your hero's win.

I apologise to those that I abused in my blind adulation of the 'boy God' I like many was fooled by his apparent calm exterior.

Ron must resign, I love him, but his position is surely untenable now.

Rant over, carry on

:blush:

Its been a fantastic year, we've had it all - a compelling title battle between FOUR drivers, driver being sacked, driver retiring from F1, fines, penalities, wet races, collisions, great overtaking moves, bravery, rivalries, arguments. Its been the best season for ages!

BUT the punishment of McLaren is a massive downer. I strongly feel that McLaren were unfairly penalised, and its very sad for me that they were excluded from the WCC, meaning Ferrari get an undeserved constructors title handed to them as a gift. Thanks Coughlan, Stepney, and Alonso - you bloody morons, thanks a lot.

So I voted yes, because on-track, this has been an amazing year, and at each race you could never really predict which of the top 4 would win

As for Kimi as WDC, nah! The guy is a cold fish that will do nothing to promote F1 - He is not a role model nor does he really care about F1

Have to say I disagree with that. He doesn't care about the media circus surrounding F1, and some of the fatuous questions he has to put up with from idiot interviewers, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love driving an F1 car.

Again, disagree with that. I personally believe that Ron is still the right person to be McLaren's team principle. He may have made mistakes this year, but I predict a downward slide if he resigns. What McLaren need right now is stability- a year to regroup and recover. I think Ron's departure would be bad for the team- after all he still has tremendous support within it.

Ron is a legend, dont blame Ron.

All the disputes were caused by that whiney brat in the number 1 car, who kept complaining because he wasnt getting an unfair advantage. I hope he leaves McLaren, and I'm glad that Ron did stick to his policy of treating both drivers equally, go Ron

Oh, and by the way I am on balance happy about the season. However it has highlighted some serious deficiencies in the way the FIA apply the rules, and I hope they have the sense to reexamine their decisions and see what they could have done better.

Also I think our esteemed FIA president should resign. But I say that every year. There is a saying that eventually all men turn into their own fathers, and unfortunately for Max I think that's probably true.

Thanks Coughlan, Stepney, and Alonso - you bloody morons, thanks a lot.

Oh god, Alonso again...

Go on, go on...

>

^ The overall track action was disapointing compared to 2003, not to mention 1986.

There were only 4 proper races, the 3 wets (Nurburgring, Suzuka Fuji, China) + Montreal, the rest was average to mediocre culminating with the super-boring Monaco race.

I've seen the 86 season, and back then a boring race was we'd call today an average race.

Exactly my thoughts... We only had 4 good races and Brazil, but that was just coz it decided the WDC....

I just had a waking dream. I watched the whole 2007 season, never reading the press and ignoring the idiots on this website. It turns out it was a formidable year.

:clap3: Perfic!

And very strange too, I've just had exactly the same dream! Oh, I think you missed the 'n' out of 'waking' Steve.

Never thought I'd think that Kimi deserves a WC, but strangely I am overcome with reasonable thought - and this could be the icing on the cake for him ability-wise. I always saw him as a teensy weensy bit lazy (or something missing), but in hindsite many drivers like him have improved massively with their first WDC under their belt. Should be a great season next year....

A great season, the politics were invented at the same time as forums - just to wind people up :P

Yes, I am happy with the 2007 season. I cannot believe people are not happy with the season. But hey, if everyone agreed how boring would the forum be?

Of course I am happy, mclaren can get back all their points and Ferrari will still be the WCC, Kimi won the WDC and he also won the DHL trophy for fastest laps, what else could I ask? I think this season was better than 2004's.

Of course I am happy, mclaren can get back all their points and Ferrari will still be the WCC, Kimi won the WDC and he also won the DHL trophy for fastest laps, what else could I ask? I think this season was better than 2004's.

No they wouldn't....