Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

R U Happy About 2007 Season

R U Happy about 2007 season  

39 members have voted

1. 1. R U Happy about 2007 season

• Yes
    • No

Whatever happened so far in this season....R U Happy or not.....

i dont want to have a choice for "cant say" and hence chose the boolean way...lets see the pulse of the forum readers...

I cannot vote although I am very and truly happy with the result.

However, many many things happened this season that are way over the top, not least, the damage done to Hamilton and McLaren. F1 has suffered greatly and only Kimi's win has mended it somehow.

So Ferrari won the drivers and constructors title by one point a-piece. Poetic after the sh*t this season :clap3:

Bet nobody saw kimi coming. Kept his head down and worked through. Hell i never saw it happening with those two races remaining

:kicking:

:roll:

:waccoe1:

:flashingbanana:

happy indeed!

If your this happy with this season, I can't begin to imagine how happy you would of been if Renault won!!!

Next year ecap :D

They would if you still count the points docked from mclaren in hungary for the WCC

Mclaren = 109 + 109 - 15 (from hungary)

= 203

Ferrari = 110 + 94

= 204

Therefore ferrari would win WCC too

Oh ok, I didn't think about Hungary...

I voted no for obvious reasons - I've had 24hrs to digest the shock result of Kimi's win and find myself well and truly gutted at the manner in which Mclaren handled a season in which their car was the class of the field.

With the benefit of hindsight I think the team should have abandoned their equality policy and backed, dare I say it, Alonso for 2007 WDC - Lewis is a fast driver, but he was a rookie and was bound to crack as the season came to an end - Lewis lost the WDC in China not in Brasil - Alonso would not have made such a stupid mistake in either continuing on fading tyres or skid off at the entrance to the pit. Mclaren should have nurtured Lewis in his rookie year in preparation for a title in assault in 2008 or 2009 - Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, Mclaren are paid to get it right and the c#cked up big time.

I feel that Mclaren and F1 have cheated me this season and I am waiting for someone to say it has all been a joke and Lewis/Nando are WDC - How Ferrari managed to win the WDC & WCC is just shocking and an incredible end to the season for me.

Lewis choked big time and has made a fool of me to even think that he could have pulled it off - How could he lose 17 points to Kimi over 2 races :blink: The mind boggles - I have avoided every newspaper and article that quotes Lewis that he will win the WDC next year - erm...no! You will not be a rookie next year so the pressure and expectation will be magnified -

As for Kimi as WDC, nah! The guy is a cold fish that will do nothing to promote F1 - He is not a role model nor does he really care about F1 - But I respect his army of fans and congratulate you all on your hero's win.

I apologise to those that I abused in my blind adulation of the 'boy God' I like many was fooled by his apparent calm exterior.

Ron must resign, I love him, but his position is surely untenable now.

Rant over, carry on

:blush:

Holy smokes I almost completely agree with you. I do think KR winning though is a good thing. It points out exactly how poorly Mclaren were managed this year. Alonso was a proven winner, and with the clear number one status would have won this championship. He must be gutted knowing this to be true.

Lewis is a rookie, and I don't blame him for what happened. Ron Dennis went out and hired the best avaialble driver last year when he got Alonso, and he squandered this asset he obtained. He put too much pressure on the young kid, who instead of feeling elated by his year probably feels a little devastated. That was pretty poor mentoriing. Alonso could have taught him a lot instead he gets nothing out of his year with Alonso

Holy smokes I almost completely agree with you. I do think KR winning though is a good thing. It points out exactly how poorly Mclaren were managed this year. Alonso was a proven winner, and with the clear number one status would have won this championship. He must be gutted knowing this to be true.

Lewis is a rookie, and I don't blame him for what happened. Ron Dennis went out and hired the best avaialble driver last year when he got Alonso, and he squandered this asset he obtained. He put too much pressure on the young kid, who instead of feeling elated by his year probably feels a little devastated. That was pretty poor mentoriing. Alonso could have taught him a lot instead he gets nothing out of his year with Alonso

I totally agree, but I think a problem would still have arised. Hamilton was always going to do his best to show McLaren and the world that he can be as fast or faster than Alonso. By the end of round one he had already established that he was a match for Alonso. Can you imagine him accepting a number two role? I bet he would have whined to the world about it similar to after this year's Monaco GP.

I voted NO !

Reason?

Too many d#ckheads make too many RULES that other d#ckheads try to enforce only to find out that the d#ckheads that made the rule left TOO MANY HOLES in the rules to be utilised by the more then competant CHEATS in the game.

Lets make rules, YES, but let them all be SERVED correctly, not ad hoc as they have been this year!

an example? This FUEL temperature thing.

One would expect that the tank holding the fuel is just that, a tank, not a bloody refrigerator. So how can the fuel be lower then ambient temperature ? if it is just a means of holding the fuel ?

answer: some one hooked up a refrigerator to the fuel tank. Cannot be more simple then that can it ? BUT is that against these d#ckhead rules ? Who the hell would know as it is all so very complicated. It appears the scrutineers know of this "Going On" and even measured the temperature of the fuel, but because it MAY not have proved a benefit, just forgot it, or more importantly did not deem it to be of a benefit? So I ask if lowering the fuel temp. is not a means of providing a benefit, why would anyone do it? and more importantly why would the stewards even bother measuring it ? It has been stated that cooler fuel will give maybe 1 sec. a lap better performance for maybe 3 laps, so that PROVES there is an advantage!

My thoughts are: ALL fuel would be delivered from a tank that is stored at ambient temperature ---- end of -- that should squash this d#ckhead rule for ever.

Any one agree?

I voted no for obvious reasons - I've had 24hrs to digest the shock result of Kimi's win and find myself well and truly gutted at the manner in which Mclaren handled a season in which their car was the class of the field.

With the benefit of hindsight I think the team should have abandoned their equality policy and backed, dare I say it, Alonso for 2007 WDC - Lewis is a fast driver, but he was a rookie and was bound to crack as the season came to an end - Lewis lost the WDC in China not in Brasil - Alonso would not have made such a stupid mistake in either continuing on fading tyres or skid off at the entrance to the pit. Mclaren should have nurtured Lewis in his rookie year in preparation for a title in assault in 2008 or 2009 - Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, Mclaren are paid to get it right and the c#cked up big time.

I feel that Mclaren and F1 have cheated me this season and I am waiting for someone to say it has all been a joke and Lewis/Nando are WDC - How Ferrari managed to win the WDC & WCC is just shocking and an incredible end to the season for me.

Lewis choked big time and has made a fool of me to even think that he could have pulled it off - How could he lose 17 points to Kimi over 2 races :blink: The mind boggles - I have avoided every newspaper and article that quotes Lewis that he will win the WDC next year - erm...no! You will not be a rookie next year so the pressure and expectation will be magnified -

As for Kimi as WDC, nah! The guy is a cold fish that will do nothing to promote F1 - He is not a role model nor does he really care about F1 - But I respect his army of fans and congratulate you all on your hero's win.

I apologise to those that I abused in my blind adulation of the 'boy God' I like many was fooled by his apparent calm exterior.

Ron must resign, I love him, but his position is surely untenable now.

Rant over, carry on

:blush:

Respect.

I voted NO !

Reason?

Too many d#ckheads make too many RULES that other d#ckheads try to enforce only to find out that the d#ckheads that made the rule left TOO MANY HOLES in the rules to be utilised by the more then competant CHEATS in the game.

Lets make rules, YES, but let them all be SERVED correctly, not ad hoc as they have been this year!

an example? This FUEL temperature thing.

One would expect that the tank holding the fuel is just that, a tank, not a bloody refrigerator. So how can the fuel be lower then ambient temperature ? if it is just a means of holding the fuel ?

answer: some one hooked up a refrigerator to the fuel tank. Cannot be more simple then that can it ? BUT is that against these d#ckhead rules ? Who the hell would know as it is all so very complicated. It appears the scrutineers know of this "Going On" and even measured the temperature of the fuel, but because it MAY not have proved a benefit, just forgot it, or more importantly did not deem it to be of a benefit? So I ask if lowering the fuel temp. is not a means of providing a benefit, why would anyone do it? and more importantly why would the stewards even bother measuring it ? It has been stated that cooler fuel will give maybe 1 sec. a lap better performance for maybe 3 laps, so that PROVES there is an advantage!

My thoughts are: ALL fuel would be delivered from a tank that is stored at ambient temperature ---- end of -- that should squash this d#ckhead rule for ever.

Any one agree?

I'm gonna have to go ahead and completely disagree with you. But in doing so I'll try my best not to sound like a broken record.

First off, finding creative ways to exploit holes in rules is not cheating. For example, the floor Ferrari were using at the beginning of the season, it wasn't illegal when the started using it because it passed the test the FIA specified. They were well within the words of the rule, they were just going against what the rule was trying to accomplish. That is just using everything you can to your advantage. The FIA changed the tests once they found this out and Ferrari had to search for their pace elsewhere.

If you want another example that wont blind by bias on this forum, look at Smokey Yunick. In an effort to gain advantage over competitors he used a little creativity. The rules gave a limit to the amount of fuel the tank could hold but neglected to mention fuel lines. So Smokey packed in enough fuel lines to hold an extra couple of gallons. Smart? you bet your a##. Cheating? not a chance in hell.

Also, if your going to close all of these holes in the rules, the only way you'll be able to know for sure they are being followed is to go to spec cars. I'm pretty sure most of us would agree, that would basically be the end to F1. Sure you might still have all the top drivers battling it out in the fastest race cars, but it couldn't be called Formula 1.

Its been a fantastic year, we've had it all - a compelling title battle between FOUR drivers, driver being sacked, driver retiring from F1, fines, penalities, wet races, collisions, great overtaking moves, bravery, rivalries, arguments. Its been the best season for ages!

BUT the punishment of McLaren is a massive downer. I strongly feel that McLaren were unfairly penalised, and its very sad for me that they were excluded from the WCC, meaning Ferrari get an undeserved constructors title handed to them as a gift. Thanks Coughlan, Stepney, and Alonso - you bloody morons, thanks a lot.

So I voted yes, because on-track, this has been an amazing year, and at each race you could never really predict which of the top 4 would win

Ferrari Boss Delighted to Win Both Formula One Titles On-Track

Ferrari would have clinched the constructors' world championship in Brazil even if McLaren had not been excluded amid the espionage affair.

The Maranello based team's boss Jean Todt said he was aware of the detail in discussion with reporters at Interlagos on Sunday.

"I knew that it was always said we had won only because of the decisions (and) not because of the sporting results," the Frenchman said.

"So I will say that is better that it is (also) done on the normal side," he added.

McLaren was commandingly leading the constructors' standings when the World Motor Sport Council disqualified the team.

But Ferrari's one-two at Interlagos, which also clinched the drivers' title for Kimi Raikkonen, would have put Ferrari over the line by a single point even if McLaren had still been eligible to score points.

"To be very sincere, I knew we had won, but I was counting," Todt said.

www.paddocktalk.com

'nuff said!!!!!!

OK James I hear what you are saying BUT. why have a rule or even try to implement that rule, meaning the fuel temperature, that when it has been supposedly measured as ABOVE ambient temperature, it is not to be deemed as breaking what ever the rule states?

I am not privy to what that rule states but I summise that the Stewards/ Scrutineers must have an understanding of the rule or they would not even bother checking if it was within the boundaries??

Am I correct in saying that?

They would if you still count the points docked from mclaren in hungary for the WCC

Mclaren = 109 + 109 - 15 (from hungary)

= 203

Ferrari = 110 + 94

= 204

Therefore ferrari would win WCC too

Yes and do not forget Alonso...

Alonso = 109 + 5 (from Hungary) = 114

Raikkonen = 110

Hamilton = 109 - 2 = 107

OK James I hear what you are saying BUT. why have a rule or even try to implement that rule, meaning the fuel temperature, that when it has been supposedly measured as ABOVE ambient temperature, it is not to be deemed as breaking what ever the rule states?

I am not privy to what that rule states but I summise that the Stewards/ Scrutineers must have an understanding of the rule or they would not even bother checking if it was within the boundaries??

Am I correct in saying that?

I read the rules and the teams are obviously in fault. I never said the teams shouldn't be penalized, my previous post was just an argument against extremely strict rules. Your right in the aspect of the consistency of penalties for breaking the rules.

That was the point I was trying to make James.

IF the scrutineers interpret the rules as written and find a team breaking these rules, as written, then there MUST be equality in the penalties, NO IF's or BUT's, else why have the rule or more importantly why bother checking if the rule has been abided by?

Unlike the other examples that you described, and yes I agree with what you said, the Temperature of Fuel can hardly be a "maybe" , "maybe not" decission.

IF the fuel is below ambient temperature, someone must have made it that way, and in my opinion that someone must be penalised by whatever the rule states for breach of that rule, not as it appears to have happened where in this case the Stewards measured and noted that the Temp. was outside the boundaries, but failed to enforce the rule?

WHY?

That was the point I was trying to make James.

IF the scrutineers interpret the rules as written and find a team breaking these rules, as written, then there MUST be equality in the penalties, NO IF's or BUT's, else why have the rule or more importantly why bother checking if the rule has been abided by?

Unlike the other examples that you described, and yes I agree with what you said, the Temperature of Fuel can hardly be a "maybe" , "maybe not" decission.

IF the fuel is below ambient temperature, someone must have made it that way, and in my opinion that someone must be penalised by whatever the rule states for breach of that rule, not as it appears to have happened where in this case the Stewards measured and noted that the Temp. was outside the boundaries, but failed to enforce the rule?

WHY?

It's more likely that the stewards have investigated and decided that the advantage they gained was not enough to negate the time difference to the next competitor. So, I don't think it's a case of them not enforcing the rule, more a decision that the advantage gained was not sufficient to have changed the order the cars.

The previous precedent on this, I think, was Schumi and DC being disqualified and then reinstated due to the reason above.

It's more likely that the stewards have investigated and decided that the advantage they gained was not enough to negate the time difference to the next competitor. So, I don't think it's a case of them not enforcing the rule, more a decision that the advantage gained was not sufficient to have changed the order the cars.

The previous precedent on this, I think, was Schumi and DC being disqualified and then reinstated due to the reason above.

but in case of mika in 97, i think, both poins were lost

Ill remember that if ever I get booked for drink driving.

No your honor I was not drunk, I may have been over the limit, but I am such a good driver that I can drive when over the limit :-)

Bet I know the outcome to that scenario :-)

I voted no.

The reason being simple.

I personally found the on track antics very entertaining, the most unpredictable season (in terms of race or championship winners) for years. (remember the bore fest that was the Schumacher era?)

But sadly, all this was ruined by the bulls##t off track.

The appeal by Mclaren after the Brazil thing was just the cherry on the cake.

Though it was not unexpected that they would appeal, I just wish they had taken the stance of "we would rather win the championships on track. We will now go back to Woking lick our wounds and prepare for next years attack."