Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shooting Star

Ferrari - Alonso, Is There A Connection?

yeah it seems something is cooking between them. I still can not believe his sudden love for ferrari or vice versa..

Things are complicated after Massa's contract extension. Can we see it as Todt's last attempt to seal future of a driver managed by his son in ferrari? I guess we will see Ross next season as Ferrari's boss and Todt has asked for this extension for resigning...

I agree. I was rooting for Fernando last year, he drove brilliantly. I must admit to being surprised to see him move into McLaren which are not know for being the friendliest of teams and also alongside the GP2 champ.

What has put me off Fernando this year is his childish petulance. His ego seems to have got the better of him and when he didn't get his way I think his behaviour was poor. If I were a team-owner/sponsor I would be concerned about backing him. Now before all the rabid Fernando fans pounce and blame Ron, etc, etc. Yes I agree he was badly handled, but like any relationship there are two sides to the equation. Bottom line is that Fernando should never have gone to McLaren in the first place - it was inevitable that there would be problems and once he did get into problems, he could have handled it better.

No I'm not particularly a Lewis fan either, but he has driven beyond my expectations - rookie errors, but then he is young and Kimi, despite a shaky start came into his own at the end. He deserved his win and hope he retains the title.

Next year is another matter, the Kimi/Lewis battle will hot up and I can see Fernando going to Renault, who I don't think will be on the pace. However I think Fernando will wring the neck of the car and get a few surprise results before their perfornmance picks up. Should be a good season.

I have had the opposite experience. I never felt much for Alonso save some races. But this year I have been forced to acknowledge the man's capacity. Considering the lynching Alonso has endured, the unexcusable treatment by RD, the adversity delivered by FIA, the blatant favoritism that Hamilton has enjoyed, etc, I am amazed at Alonso's strength as a racer. I cannot think any driver on the field would be able to put up with so much and still fight for the WC to the very last race. Just imagine how Hamilton would have performed under similar pressure.

I have had the opposite experience. I never felt much for Alonso save some races. But this year I have been forced to acknowledge the man's capacity. Considering the lynching Alonso has endured, the unexcusable treatment by RD, the adversity delivered by FIA, the blatant favoritism that Hamilton has enjoyed, etc, I am amazed at Alonso's strength as a racer. I cannot think any driver on the field would be able to put up with so much and still fight for the WC to the very last race. Just imagine how Hamilton would have performed under similar pressure.

what is that stuff you're smoking?????????????????????????????????

either alonso goes to renault where he gets no.1 treatment or he takes a sabbatical ......

if he tries anyother team including mclaren then he may face some defeat on track and off the track inside team meetings....and defintely no preferential treatement (for him but it will be there for his team mate-> nowadays the trend is when a team says we treat equally then it means they give preferential treatment openly to other person who doesnt open his mouth to the media)

kimi?

No I'm not particularly a Lewis fan either, but he has driven beyond my expectations - rookie errors, but then he is young and Kimi, despite a shaky start came into his own at the end. He deserved his win and hope he retains the title.

he did have to ajust to a totally difernt team and tyres

kimi?
Exactly. There are seven words that, on top of his brilliant talent, earned Kimi the championship:

Shut up and get on with it.

Both Alonso and Hamilton failed miserably with this but Kimi, 26 points off of the championship lead after a shaky start just put his head down and did the job. Did Kimi go crying to the media every time something upset him? No. Did Kimi try to wage war or demand his team's favour over his team mate? No. Did he get involved in shameful cheating and underhand tactics like Fernando? No. Kimi got in the car and won five races to claw his way back and claim a well deserved title.

As for the Ferrari links? Not gonna happen IMO. Not only would it make absolutely no sense in terms of the fact Alonso won't get on with a driver who can challenge him, (Remember 2004 as well) both drivers are contracted for a while yet and both have done their jobs and fit in with the team. As for Alonso paying Ferrari a compliment? He should know, he's studied their car in quite some depth. (Sorry, couldn't resist that joke)

:lol: I have no problems with conspiracy theories but, could you guys at least try to be more imaginative?

Wow, Ferrari suddenly has sympathy for Alonso. The fact that it is a great way to grate on everybody's nerves at McLaren would be too easy. Better to link Nando to Ferrari and as an added benefit, whatever disasters hit McLaren this year can be all charged to Nando's account.

Bah.

Now this is a good conspiracy theory. As Russ said, the templars and freemasons must be in it (every good consp

Very nice. Though the Templars are the Freemasons and I believe it's 'De Molay', not 'De Mordray'.....otherwise very fine theory!

Yes it is De Molay, I thought I edited it!

I just found my edited post never showed up :(

Well, Mike is right. It is De Molay. I stand corrected!