Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shooting Star

Ferrari - Alonso, Is There A Connection?

Well, I've been noticing that Ferrari and Alonso have been getting along awfully well in recent times.

Not once have Ferrari said anything negative about him all season and neither has Alonso. Especially since the spy scandal broke out.

Next, Montezemolo has praised Alonso on more than once occasion and again his recent comments show sympathy for Alonso's problems with McLaren. He even sided with Alonso's aggressive move on Hamilton at the start of yesterday's race saying it was Lewis who was at fault.

And Alonso looked a little too happy at the press conference after the race. He congratulated Kimi over and over like a teammate would.

I don't know but something seems amiss. Massa's sudden contract renewal looks a little suspicious to me.

Alonso said that Renault wasn't his first choice if he left McLaren... If not Renault then who?

...meh.. whatever.. just thought i'd get the silly-season underway..

Ferrari will not sign a driver who colluded in espionage against them. Massa has a new contract, Kimi already had a long term deal, so Ferrari are sealed for the next two years.

I suspect Alonso would have meant BMW, they look a lot stronger than Renault right now, and have gone from strength to strength.

Fernando is damaged goods. If he had beaten Hamilton, other teams would take a risk with him (Mclaren took a similar risk with the dumb Columbian) but as it is he has made himself quite worthless. What an idiot.

I'd be interested to see, if at all, whether he still has the same potential value with sponsors that he had a year ago. And before the flack starts, not because of the events of the past year, more to do with his reaction to them.

I'd be interested to see, if at all, whether he still has the same potential value with sponsors that he had a year ago. And before the flack starts, not because of the events of the past year, more to do with his reaction to them.

Absolutely, that's my point. We all know he's a handy peddler but a gobby P.R. nightmare.

Alonso won't go to Ferrari, I hope. Firstly there's no room with contracts as Kimi and Massa have both been signed for next year and beyond, secondly he talks a lot (Ferrari don't like that at all), thirdly if he did go surely that would mean taking on the iceman, if he struggles against Lewis then he'll struggle against Kimi - he wouldn't dare!

There's also the spy scandal thing (using their info) so it seems unlikely to say the least...

:lol: I have no problems with conspiracy theories but, could you guys at least try to be more imaginative?

Wow, Ferrari suddenly has sympathy for Alonso. The fact that it is a great way to grate on everybody's nerves at McLaren would be too easy. Better to link Nando to Ferrari and as an added benefit, whatever disasters hit McLaren this year can be all charged to Nando's account.

Bah.

Now this is a good conspiracy theory. As Russ said, the templars and freemasons must be in it (every good consp

He wont go to Ferrari.

I've also noticed that he's been complimenting Ferrari, but he's been doing it to show his anger towards his own team. So just more childish whinging basically, he's the master of it now.

:lol: I have no problems with conspiracy theories but, could you guys at least try to be more imaginative?

Wow, Ferrari suddenly has sympathy for Alonso. The fact that it is a great way to grate on everybody's nerves at McLaren would be too easy. Better to link Nando to Ferrari and as an added benefit, whatever disasters hit McLaren this year can be all charged to Nando's account.

Bah.

Now this is a good conspiracy theory. As Russ said, the templars and freemasons must be in it (every good consp

Bah.

But ths begs the questions...

where will Alonso go???

Ferrari full... Mclaren, no. BMW full.. Williams? Toyota?

you're missing the most obvious and likely one - Renault.

you're missing the most obvious and likely one - Renault.

Welcome back Jem! I wouldn't be too suprised to see him in the Mclaren next year and then never again! He 'll probably drive for the extraterrestrial team that messed up yesterday's race (explained in another thread), sponsored by Mars (the chocolate).

Alonso won't go to Ferrari, I hope. Firstly there's no room with contracts as Kimi and Massa have both been signed for next year and beyond, secondly he talks a lot (Ferrari don't like that at all), thirdly if he did go surely that would mean taking on the iceman, if he struggles against Lewis then he'll struggle against Kimi - he wouldn't dare!

There's also the spy scandal thing (using their info) so it seems unlikely to say the least...

My thoughts exactly.

He wont go to Ferrari.

I've also noticed that he's been complimenting Ferrari, but he's been doing it to show his anger towards his own team. So just more childish whinging basically, he's the master of it now.

I agree, he knows his glowing remarks regarding Ferrari would be really hurting Ron. So that's why he's doing it. Nothing more nothing less, Fernando is just stirring McLaren.

Well, I've been noticing that Ferrari and Alonso have been getting along awfully well in recent times.

Not once have Ferrari said anything negative about him all season and neither has Alonso. Especially since the spy scandal broke out.

Next, Montezemolo has praised Alonso on more than once occasion and again his recent comments show sympathy for Alonso's problems with McLaren. He even sided with Alonso's aggressive move on Hamilton at the start of yesterday's race saying it was Lewis who was at fault.

And Alonso looked a little too happy at the press conference after the race. He congratulated Kimi over and over like a teammate would.

I don't know but something seems amiss. Massa's sudden contract renewal looks a little suspicious to me.

Alonso said that Renault wasn't his first choice if he left McLaren... If not Renault then who?

...meh.. whatever.. just thought i'd get the silly-season underway..

My guess is that Alonso will try to devalue himself, perhaps pointing at Toyota. It makes sense if you consider that RD is gonna do the impossible to screw Alonso as much as he can and try to blame him again for his own errors. The longer RD procrastinates, the longer the lewisterics focus all their disappointment in the Spaniard and away from his mismanagement. Just take a look at this forum.

Beyond that, RD needs to delay Alonso's release to the end of time to prevent him from working on the development of other team's cars. If Alonso were to point to a powerful team, RD would have far more to worry about.

Still, RD is not stupid no matter how incompetent he has been this season. His only real problem is the preasure from the hatemongers he himself has created. Just take a look at the lewisterics in the forum, they are completely delusional and living in a parallel universe where Alonso is pure antimatter. It is just hilarious.

Don't you sense some contradiction between this:

His only real problem is the preasure from the hatemongers he himself has created.

And this?

Just take a look at the lewisterics in the forum, they are completely delusional and living in a parallel universe where Alonso is pure antimatter. It is just hilarious.

Don't you sense some contradiction between this:

And this?

The second is a consequence of the first.

Lewisterics are besides themselves with hatred against Alonso because of RD's actions. If RD or anyone in McLaren wanted to keep Alonso, they would now have to swim against all the antagonism fueled by RD and his lack of true confidence in Hamilton's ability (some of us think that Hamilton can race his own races and possibly win them too, but we are in the minority).

Anyway, my thinking is that getting rid of Alonso at this very very very low point in McLaren history, is far from ideal. You don't get rid of assets when in a weak position. Yet turning an asset into a liability is one of the cornerstones of RD mismanagement this year.

I don't know that anyone hates Alonso. I certainly don't. It's (some of) his fans that annoy me, not the man himself.

I don't know that anyone hates Alonso.

I must like you for this.

I certainly don't.

Well, if you believe that noone does, how could you?

It's (some of) his fans that annoy me, not the man himself.

Annoyed, eh? Naivete rules.

So, only (some of) Alonso's fans annoy you? All other fans are ok by you?

I don't know that anyone hates Alonso. I certainly don't. It's (some of) his fans that annoy me, not the man himself.

I agree. I was rooting for Fernando last year, he drove brilliantly. I must admit to being surprised to see him move into McLaren which are not know for being the friendliest of teams and also alongside the GP2 champ.

What has put me off Fernando this year is his childish petulance. His ego seems to have got the better of him and when he didn't get his way I think his behaviour was poor. If I were a team-owner/sponsor I would be concerned about backing him. Now before all the rabid Fernando fans pounce and blame Ron, etc, etc. Yes I agree he was badly handled, but like any relationship there are two sides to the equation. Bottom line is that Fernando should never have gone to McLaren in the first place - it was inevitable that there would be problems and once he did get into problems, he could have handled it better.

No I'm not particularly a Lewis fan either, but he has driven beyond my expectations - rookie errors, but then he is young and Kimi, despite a shaky start came into his own at the end. He deserved his win and hope he retains the title.

Next year is another matter, the Kimi/Lewis battle will hot up and I can see Fernando going to Renault, who I don't think will be on the pace. However I think Fernando will wring the neck of the car and get a few surprise results before their perfornmance picks up. Should be a good season.

Yes Meanioni, you have Kimi v Lewis.

Then next will come Mark Webber and then after that you have Massa v Nico Rosberg in the second Mclaren? then you cant count out the BMW's so if Fernando does go back there next year he may be buried in the midfield.

Then his career may start to come gind to a halt like Jacques Villeneuve's did.

Alonso a 'class act' - Montezemolo

Oct.23 (GMM) In the days after the 2007 championship climax, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has reserved some high praise for Fernando Alonso.

Kimi Raikkonen stole the crown from McLaren's championship leader Lewis Hamilton and reigning title winner Alonso in Brazil on Sunday.

And while Montezemolo had little admiration for Alonso's McLaren's stable-mates, he heralded the 26-year-old as an "extraordinary driver".

"Alonso is a class act in every respect. I very much appreciate his sportsmanship," Montezemolo is quoted by the news agency EFE as saying on Tuesday.

He added: "Despite losing the title by a single point and perhaps only due to the mismanagement of his team, he arrived at the press conference and immediately congratulated Raikkonen.

"He showed that is he also a champion off the track," Montezemolo said.

http://www.f1way.com/news/alonso-a-class-act---montezemolo/

Like Cav says:

Ferrari will not sign a driver who colluded in espionage against them. Massa has a new contract, Kimi already had a long term deal, so Ferrari are sealed for the next two years.

I suspect Alonso would have meant BMW, they look a lot stronger than Renault right now, and have gone from strength to strength.

I'd be shocked if Alonso is in Ferrari's immediate plans.