Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Human Error After All...

So he pressed neutral instead of the speed limiter. That would explain the lack of flashing brake light I suppose, but it doesn't erase Ron's comment that "There was an incorrect command given to the system,". What might that command be and who gave it?

It surely didn't give him any drinks.

I allways thought Kimi would have the drink button; but even Hammy has one??? Hammy is just trying to copy Kimi to a too big extent methinks...

I allways thought Kimi would have the drink button; but even Hammy has one??? Hammy is just trying to copy Kimi to a too big extent methinks...

I think the difference between Kimi's button and Hammy's button is what comes out of the drink tube!

I think the difference between Kimi's button and Hammy's button is what comes out of the drink tube!

Kimi's has Vodka, what does Hammy's have?? bacardi brezzers??

What apology? are you mad?

I stand corrected that it wasnt the pitlane speed limiter, but regardless of what button it was, he still clearly (in my opinion) hit the wrong button, at the wrong time and therefore caused the 'gearbox problems' himself.

So he hit the N (Neutral) button by mistake, while downshifting, that actually makes more sense as to why the car freaked out so bad. If it was the PSL then more blame could have been attributed to the car since it should have been designed to allow downshifting at the same time.

I have no agenda here (hence me making it easier for people to see my error by hosting the correct pic on my own webspace), I'm merely interested in finding out what actually happened.

BTW: Wheel layout also confirmed by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FAmGSNjzv4

What apology? are you mad?

I stand corrected that it wasnt the pitlane speed limiter, but regardless of what button it was, he still clearly (in my opinion) hit the wrong button, at the wrong time and therefore caused the 'gearbox problems' himself.

So he hit the N (Neutral) button by mistake, while downshifting, that actually makes more sense as to why the car freaked out so bad. If it was the PSL then more blame could have been attributed to the car since it should have been designed to allow downshifting at the same time.

I have no agenda here (hence me making it easier for people to see my mistake by hosting the correct pic on my own webspace), I'm merely interested in finding out what actually happened.

BTW: Wheel layout also confirmed by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FAmGSNjzv4

So not only did you cause a stir by posting the wrong pic, you now claim to know the exact sequence of events? You don't! The youtube footage doesn't prove anything other than showing Lewis pressing various buttons and the car slowing down - It does not show a cause and a resultant effect, so you are in no position to refute the Mclaren explanation of what happened.

You are guessing, that's all.

I dont see what 'stir' was caused by the McLaren website having incorrect information on it, I don't consider which button it was, or what it does all that important to the main topic of 'Did Hamilton push a button and induce the fault'.

Pushing a button by accident is driver error, and in my opinion that is what happened.

As for me guessing, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion on what happened, an opinion that I've came to based on various sources of information. As everyone else does all the time on forums.

Technically McLaren are guessing too though, since they said they arnt 100% sure what happened either.

I dont see what 'stir' was caused by the McLaren website having incorrect information on it, I don't consider which button it was, or what it does all that important to the main topic of 'Did Hamilton push a button and induce the fault'.

Pushing a button by accident is driver error, and in my opinion that is what happened.

As for me guessing, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion on what happened, an opinion that I've came to based on various sources of information. As everyone else does all the time on forums.

Technically McLaren are guessing too though, since they said they arnt 100% sure what happened either.

You are quite right, there was no 'stir' and you are entitled to your opinion. Thanks for the pics, I reckon he hit the wrong button, drivers have made worse errors and I'm sure he'll learn.

Don't mind Fed Up, he recently lost his home due to deforestation :rolleyes:

Certainly all we have are guesses, but if a chicken is found crushed beneath an anvil, we can guess (correctly) that the anvil fell on the chicken.

What about if the chicken was already stuck to the anvil when it fell? :naughty:

An F1 gearbox relies on a system of electronically-controlled hydraulics to change the gears when the driver pulls on one of two 'paddles' behind the steering wheel, one for changing up, the other for changing down. The paddle creates the electronic trigger for the hydraulics.

The software required to mesh fast-spinning gears with millisecond precision is extremely sophisticated. But just like the software in your lap-top, it occasionally suffers a glitch. On this occasion, as Hamilton pulled on the downshift paddle, the system completed only part of the command, disengaging the seventh gear he was in, but not then engaging sixth. Instead it left him in neutral.

Telemetry from the car is beamed back to the team's garage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...3/smgear123.xml

Hope this helps in understanding the problem Lewis faced.

:rolleyes:

So we have:

1) McLaren saying some unknown "glitch" caused his car to go to neutral.

2) A video showing Hammy pressing a button on the top left of the wheel right before his car slowed down. You can't see exactly which button he presses.

3) A wheel pic showing that there are 3 buttons there: one for the drinks, one for the PSL and one for Neutral.

Yes, it might all be a coincidence and he indeed just had a drink when the car slowed down. But you must accept that with these 3 pieces of evidence the idea of Lewis pushing the wrong button is anything but ludicrous. It is at least a probable explanation. You are entitled to believe it or not.

Found another fantastic post on another website(yes I am obsessed with this :rolleyes: )

This thread amazes me

This has already been covered.

He doesn't press any buttons before the apex, the shiftlights are blinking in the braking zone.

He stopped braking at the apex, went to deck the throttle, no drive, starts pressing buttons...

He wouldn't be aware of the problem as such till he wanted drive out the corner...

Problem happened in the braking zone, where he is not pressing any buttons, shown by the shift lights going on and off.

The car is already buggered before he presses any buttons

<_<

http://www.skunk0001.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/...lton_button.avi

From that video he appears to hit the button at the apex, which is where I (granted, I'm not an F1 driver) would be downshifting to get the power back on.

Yup. the video does make it seem like going into the turn Hamilton was fine and after he pushed the button lost power.... i repeat it looks like that, maynot be and it is another one of those things which we probably will never find the truth about

All of you who are claiming that Hamilton pushed the button on the left, causing the car to slow need to watch the footage again, carefully. As soon as Lewis is into the apex of turn 4 he tries to upshift. Clearly there is a problem and he can't because he tries repeatedly to upshift. THEN he pushes the mystery button on the left.

It is absolutely clear that there was a problem before he hit the button.

All of you who are claiming that Hamilton pushed the button on the left, causing the car to slow need to watch the footage again, carefully. As soon as Lewis is into the apex of turn 4 he tries to upshift. Clearly there is a problem and he can't because he tries repeatedly to upshift. THEN he pushes the mystery button on the left.

It is absolutely clear that there was a problem before he hit the button.

Watch the second video from Skunk, Steve.

Watch the second video from Skunk, Steve.

Which one, Andres, i'm a bit confused?

Don't worry, i see it now. I guess i got up too early. Yes, he hit a button on the left of the wheel first, my mistake.