Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shooting Star

Will The 2008 Season Be One Way Traffic?

You know those Latinos. They always get it on quite well. Feisty and spicy and full of flavor.

Oh. Just get on. I thought you said get it on. My bad.

Massa's girl is hot, if I recall correctly. So who cares how he gets on?

Yes indeed, Massa's girl is hot, and dirty too, shame on her.

Yes indeed, Massa's girl is hot, and dirty too, shame on her.

I love the name Rafaela, too.

Hey Massa...let's make a deal...I race without TC...I show you how to do that, you let your girlfriend show me her stuff. Her stuff being her shell collection that she started when she was 4.

Hey Massa...let's make a deal...I race without TC...I show you how to do that, you let your girlfriend show me her stuff. Her stuff being her shell collection that she started when she was 4.

Yeah but what if it's all clammy?

If you will all kindly refer to my quote in Darklords signature you will see that i am the only authority here to make accurate predictions!

I predict that there will be more bitching, backstabbing and childishness (and that's just around here). We might even get to see some scandal free racing. If we do, i'm not down with this whole 'Kimi will dominate' lark, Lewis is too promising for that. I predict that it will be once again close between Ferrari and Mclaren, but that's hardly going out on a limb. I think it's more risky and shrewd to talk about who the surprises will be.

I think BMW may not make the progress that everyone expects. They may have shut off development of this years car quite early but that doesn't mean to say that their head start will reap significant rewards. If they were so confident with this years design language surely they would be working on steady evoloution, not a radical departure (which is what i predict they are planning with such an early shut off).

Conventional wisdom would suggest to me that Red Bull are waiting in the wings (no pun intended) to take the next step up. They have the budget and the manpower. They ended the year (reliability aside) quite strong. Mark only needs a sniff of a decent chassis.

Honda are a totally unknown cause. They certainly can't perform much worse next year but they will be starting from zero without (hopefully) carrying anything over from this year. With that in mind, they may stumble on something but not know why it's good (a la B.A.R. 2004) or produce another lemon.

Wildcards? Vettel will finish second in a race.

You didn't even mention Renault! What kind of silly prediction is that??? Your prediction sucks...

Oh, no. Wait. Now I understand. You are plotting with "them" right? (No, I have no idea who "they" are, but they are green and mean, and they are against everything that we represent)

Well thanks for your vote of confidence, and here was me thinking *all* us Brits were dumb.... :)

Oh glad to hear that, so within a few weeks we'll all see the light and become Alonso fans??? :)

I just love these sweeping generalisations, oooh let me try one:

All Spaniards are called Manuel, eat Paella and are waiters in crappy British seaside hotels.... :)

Hey I'm getting good at this perhaps *I* could predict some F1 results too!!

I don't consider the British stupid (even if you come across as one) and am of the opinion that sooner or later they will take on RD for the manifestly incompetent mismanagement of McLaren. Does that mean they will become "Alonso fans"? Only in your simplistic view of the universe where infantile generalizations are the rule of thumb.

Beyond that, I am not European, or a Westerner for that matter. Your obsessive jibes at Spain at quite meaningless to me.

I predict that there will be more bitching, backstabbing and childishness (and that's just around here).

That is no a prediction. That is your mission statement.

HAHAHA. That'll be a good deal :clap3:

Question?? when is the last time Kimi drove a car without traction control??

Or maybe the FIA will allow traction control on Ferrari's cars but no one else's :lol:

I think 2001 with sauber. They had TC from 2002 onwards. But kimi will prefer without TC. The ferrari TC is too stiff for him

Beyond that, I am not European, or a Westerner for that matter. Your obsessive jibes at Spain at quite meaningless to me.

What are you then, alien? I picture you as green and slimey with no comprehension of what F1 is. Hey, you could be Spanish afterall.

Careful, your back is bending my knife.

im actually looking forward to red bulls 2008 car the most. i love adrian neweys style, he makes shape of the cars look so hot. red bull had the best shaped car this year

I don't consider the British stupid (even if you come across as one) and am of the opinion that sooner or later they will take on RD for the manifestly incompetent mismanagement of McLaren. Does that mean they will become "Alonso fans"? Only in your simplistic view of the universe where infantile generalizations are the rule of thumb.

I think he was joking, obviously it was too complex even for your brilliant powers of observation.

This from the guy who says to me: 'and we could even have an interesting conversation in the topic if you were to be more keen on the topic than on personal vendettas' - what was your little jibe for then? Naughty boy.

Expect the average race time-period to extend.... by a good 10 minutes! Can you imagine a wet race without traction-control? Maybe I'm just expecting too much (too little maybe). I think Kimi and Lewis will be great. Alonso's driving-style is very rough- the way he throws a car over the curbs' got me thinking he'll take quite alot of off track excursions next year :unsure:

Expect the average race time-period to extend.... by a good 10 minutes! Can you imagine a wet race without traction-control? Maybe I'm just expecting too much (too little maybe). I think Kimi and Lewis will be great. Alonso's driving-style is very rough- the way he throws a car over the curbs' got me thinking he'll take quite alot of off track excursions next year :unsure:

Maybe, although Alonso has shown his adaptation skills this year, and I believe he has an exceptional feel for what a car is doing. Button will benefit, Massa I don't think will, Lewis will welcome it, as will Kimi. I don't think it will change the order in terms of drivers that much though, wet races will be more fun - for us.

Bit early to be making 2008 predictions!!!

Don't forget this season everyone expected Kimi to walk it, and look what happened, he only just grabbed it at the end.

Next season Kimi probably will be a title contender, but you never know, look at Ferrari's 2005 season, look at McLaren's 2006 season, even the top teams can get it wrong.

As for the TC issue, Button will indeed prefer it but it wont make any difference unless Honda produce a decent machine. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Bourdais fares in a real racing series

I don't consider the British stupid (even if you come across as one)

Oh you are *soooo* perceptive..... I'm getting someone to type this for me as I am so stupid I'm having trouble with this computer thingy.....

Actually Maure I have a certified IQ of 156 (which makes me a genius (mwah ha ha!)); so actually you are 100% dead wrong. Call me what you want, but stupid I am not!

and am of the opinion that sooner or later they will take on RD for the manifestly incompetent mismanagement of McLaren.

zzzz zzzz

..... sorry I drifted off in the middle of that last one...

Does that mean they will become "Alonso fans"? Only in your simplistic view of the universe where infantile generalizations are the rule of thumb.

Oooh I love it when you talk dirty :) Maure why do you have to insult people who share a different point of view. If you go back to my posting you will see that at no point did I insult you.

As rainmaster pointed out, it was meant in a humorous vein.

See comment above about humour...

Obsessive jibes at Spain???? And on what basis do you make that comment?

Don't forget this season everyone expected Kimi to walk it, and look what happened, he only just grabbed it at the end.

Next season Kimi probably will be a title contender, but you never know, look at Ferrari's 2005 season, look at McLaren's 2006 season, even the top teams can get it wrong.

As for the TC issue, Button will indeed prefer it but it wont make any difference unless Honda produce a decent machine. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Bourdais fares in a real racing series

Too sad he will be driving a Toro Rosso

I hope Jenson does win more races in 2008, after his first one in Hungary 2006. Honda can't do so bad two years in a row

He had to adapt to the whole process (car, team, tyres). Infact many predicted that he'll dominate the 2nd half of the season which he did.

Bridgestone tyres caused the poor 2005 season for ferrari. Its just a one off thing. It won't happen again now that all are usuing bridgestones

He had to adapt to the whole process (car, team, tyres). Infact many predicted that he'll dominate the 2nd half of the season which he did.

Bridgestone tyres caused the poor 2005 season for ferrari. Its just a one off thing. It won't happen again now that all are usuing bridgestones

I don't remind to have heard something like that. Jemstride is right Kimi was expected to dominate because also Alonso had to adapt to a completely different car.Anyway I don't really understand why everyone seems to believe Kimi didn't win many races in the first half of the season because he still had to adapt to a new car. He completely dominated the first race of the season afterall!!!

The truth is that Ferrari were believed to have the edge over everyone else because of better knowledge of Bridgestone tyres(thanks to another political present by their FIA friends), but, in the end, McLaren immediately understood the new tyres. If not for McLaren we would have seen a one way title battle which would have been extremely boring in my opinion, not to forget that Bernie-Jean Todt designed champ for 2007 was Felipe Massa (but Kimi fans are free to disagree on this matter :D ).

I don't remind to have heard something like that. Jemstride is right Kimi was expected to dominate because also Alonso had to adapt to a completely different car.Anyway I don't really understand why everyone seems to believe Kimi didn't win many races in the first half of the season because he still had to adapt to a new car. He completely dominated the first race of the season afterall!!!

The truth is that Ferrari were believed to have the edge over everyone else because of better knowledge of Bridgestone tyres(thanks to another political present by their FIA friends), but, in the end, McLaren immediately understood the new tyres. If not for McLaren we would have seen a one way title battle which would have been extremely boring in my opinion, not to forget that Bernie-Jean Todt designed champ for 2007 was Felipe Massa (but Kimi fans are free to disagree on this matter :D ).

*cough* flexi-floor *cough*