Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shooting Star

Will The 2008 Season Be One Way Traffic?

*cough* flexi-floor *cough*

Yeah! That's what I thought too. But man, Ferrari must have been exceptional to build such a floor that would get rid of the problems they had with tyres :P

Probably the car was better than in the other races, aside from the floor.

He had to adapt to the whole process (car, team, tyres). Infact many predicted that he'll dominate the 2nd half of the season which he did.

Bridgestone tyres caused the poor 2005 season for ferrari. Its just a one off thing. It won't happen again now that all are usuing bridgestones

exactly!

i am expecting BMW, Renault, Williams more stronger in 2008.

If Alonso stays in McLaren they will compete with Ferrari for 1st position. If he is not there it would be interesting to see how they perform.

Mclaren and Ferrari, better watch out for that blue car in the mirrors, its not going to stay for long there

Mclaren and Ferrari, better watch out for that blue car in the mirrors, its not going to stay for long there

Indeed. It will soon be behind the Red Bulls.

Hopefully BMW Sauber can step up another notch & become rivalls & with Nando on his way to Renault, this will give Flabbio a big boost in title contenders, & a Mega Mac!

& with Nando on his way to Renault, this will give Flabbio a big boost in title contenders, & a Mega Mac!

I didn't understand a word of that.

I predict a much more intimate grid.

Majorly up: STR

Up: BMW, Red Bull, Honda, Ferrari

No change: Renault, McLaren, Toyota

Down: Williams, Aguri

Crashing down: Force India

I think Force India will start to improve. And here is an article from Mike stating the same:

Gascoyne stakes job on Force India progress

Seeking big gains during the 2008 season

Mike Gascoyne has openly staked his Formula One career on a marked improvement for the Spyker team next season.

The highly respected engineer will stay at the Silverstone based squad as it becomes 'Force India' ahead of 2008.

Gascoyne promises that his cars next year will not remain at the very rear of the grid.

"At the halfway point of next season we will no longer be right at the back," he told the Dutch magazine Formule 1 Race Report.

Gascoyne revealed that his goal for 2008 is to elevate Force India to regularly top-twelve qualifying performances and between ten and fifteen constructors' points.

"That is ambitious, but not overly so," he is quoted as saying.

"We are convinced about it.

"I have said to (new owner) Vijay (Mallya): if at the end of next year we are still in last place, then I should already have been dismissed. And rightly so."

Gascoyne also revealed that Force India in the coming weeks will be appointing new staff and reorganising existing team structures.

I didn't understand a word of that.
Erm, Fernando Alonso moving to Renault for the 2008 F1 season & Flavio Briatore might ring up whoever designes & makes the Renault F1 car & try & make it as best as possible especially for Fernando Alonso & the fact that Flavio Briatore is overweight, he could preobably get himself a MegaMac from McDonalds or a McDonalds drive-thru.

You get it?

Erm, Fernando Alonso moving to Renault for the 2008 F1 season & Flavio Briatore might ring up whoever designes & makes the Renault F1 car & try & make it as best as possible especially for Fernando Alonso & the fact that Flavio Briatore is overweight, he could preobably get himself a MegaMac from McDonalds or a McDonalds drive-thru.

You get it?

Wow, no. It's actually worse.

I think Force India will start to improve. And here is an article from Mike stating the same:

All that means is that he'll be out of a job. Anyone notice that teams tend to improve when he leaves? Except Toyota of course. They got worse when he arrived.

*based on no facts at all*

You get it?

No. What the hell is a MegaMac? And since when were there McDonald's that weren't Drive-Thrus? And not all overweight people eat Big Macs, and not all Big Mac eaters are overweight.

So anyway, Fernando's going to drive for Red Bull next year.

All that means is that he'll be out of a job. Anyone notice that teams tend to improve when he leaves? Except Toyota of course. They got worse when he arrived.

*based on no facts at all*

And then considerably worse when he left. Gascoyne was like Gordon Ramsay arriving at a nightmare kitchen. Harsh words and painfull truths often cause friction. I'm not an authority on his true worth but i bet it's far more than Cologne's current crop of technical numpties.

Oh, I have no doubt as to MG's technical abilities. It's just been a series of unhappy coincidences. As for Toyota, I don't think there's much wrong with the technical numpties that a change of management wouldn't cure.

Would like to see STR do well! Honda, crashing down for me & if Force India (new Spyker) keep Yamamoto then they can stay where they are. I also wanna see Prodrive in the up section ^_^ !