Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Mosley Admits Fiarrari Is Special For The Fia

You really deserve to be a FIArrari fan. People like you shouldn't be allowed to be in this forum. Insulting a forum member for a different point of view is fairly something should lead you to be banned for quite a long time.

What you

perhaps this wins the award for being the most pointless and immature thread in TF1 history

As Yoda once said;

"No......there is another"

For God's sake, you're not witty if you say "FIArrari" or "maFIArrari". You just look like a giant tool.

tool or stool :naughty:

To Thread Starter, FIA = Ferrari Is Awesome :clap3:

tool or stool :naughty:

To Thread Starter, FIA = Ferrari Is Awesome :clap3:

Nice one mate. :clap3:

Really,Ferrari are awesome.They have contributed so much to F1.The oldest team in the present grid and the most successful one.Ferrari and schumi have single handedly globalised the sport in the last decade.

So if Max admits that ferrari is important for the FIA I dont see anything wrong in that. :naughty:

Really,Ferrari are awesome.They have contributed so much to F1.The oldest team in the present grid and the most successful one.Ferrari and schumi have single handedly globalised the sport in the last decade.

So if Max admits that ferrari is important for the FIA I dont see anything wrong in that. :naughty:

lovely take on it... :thbup:

Though I hate to acknowledge that, I must admit the fact!

Ferrari needs F1, F1 needs Ferrari! :D

You have to give Bernie credit for globalising the sport. as really he did go to other countries and start having races there....

Cristiano 84, don't be consumed by hatred. Especially when you can't do anything to change the situation. For your own good.

A sound life philosophy.

The "secret swoop" story again points the finger at the FIA's spin doctors, especially when you look at the timing of it – and Mosley's recent unwarranted attack on the McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton – just ahead of the team's appeal against the result of the Brazilian Grand Prix, which could yet turn the World Championship outcome in Hamilton's favour.

According to sources there were further abuses,, with allegations that the inspectors refused to sign confidentiality agreements before being made privy to detailed McLaren design drawings.

The manner in which it appears that McLaren are being hounded has given rise to widespread accusations in the Formula One paddock of a witch-hunt against the team, particularly as there does not appear to be any official interest in investigating accusations that Ferrari received McLaren's intellectual property in a tit-for-tat exchange between the disgraced McLaren chief designer Mike Coughlan and Ferrari's former head of performance development Nigel Stepney, who aired the accusations last month.

:o

Politely, I'd strongly disagree. I think Ferrari are something special, many of my heroes of F1 have driven for them - it's a team that has a history of massive success and complete disasters, and I think they're magic.

However, there are others that have contributed to the sport over more than this last decade and they are competing in an ever more commercial environment whilst it is still putting itself in the public's eye as a sport. Therefore, the FIA have to be seen to be completely impartial and without favouritism at all times, unless you want a mockery and other competitors leaving in the face of potential favouritism.

For those of us that say F1 would die without them, I disagree completely, fantastic as Shumi and Ferrari have been over recent years - if they hadn't been there F1 would still be around - Bernie, other stars, different ideas would have kept the show on the road.

Last of all, most people on this forum (and I believe most F1 fans) want to watch hairy arsed cars that are the cutting edge of technology whilst still leaving the driver as the entertainment on the day. Let's say a new F1-type formula appeared with all your favourites on your wish list; slicks, wide track, no driver aids (the min anyway), aero to make overtaking a natural part of the race etc etc. Then we add Suzuka, the old Nurburgring (modernised), Spa, Brands GP circuit......whatever your favourite tracks are. Now we'll throw in Ross Brawn sorting out the TV feeds to get you in the car, you'll hear the revs scream up as a car hits the slipstream of another (not affected by rev limits of course!) and......... well someone makes a much better job than the FIA and Bernie. Are you going to watch it? What if Ferrari weren't in it?

This wasn't a rant.

I just believe with a passion that no-one is bigger than the game, and if they think they are, then we have a problem. Frankly, I would respect a team massively that says, "No, I don't want favouritsm, I compete with the world's best on a level playing field". A bit like Frank Williams in fact.

Politely, I'd strongly disagree. I think Ferrari are something special, many of my heroes of F1 have driven for them - it's a team that has a history of massive success and complete disasters, and I think they're magic.

However, there are others that have contributed to the sport over more than this last decade and they are competing in an ever more commercial environment whilst it is still putting itself in the public's eye as a sport. Therefore, the FIA have to be seen to be completely impartial and without favouritism at all times, unless you want a mockery and other competitors leaving in the face of potential favouritism.

For those of us that say F1 would die without them, I disagree completely, fantastic as Shumi and Ferrari have been over recent years - if they hadn't been there F1 would still be around - Bernie, other stars, different ideas would have kept the show on the road.

Last of all, most people on this forum (and I believe most F1 fans) want to watch hairy arsed cars that are the cutting edge of technology whilst still leaving the driver as the entertainment on the day. Let's say a new F1-type formula appeared with all your favourites on your wish list; slicks, wide track, no driver aids (the min anyway), aero to make overtaking a natural part of the race etc etc. Then we add Suzuka, the old Nurburgring (modernised), Spa, Brands GP circuit......whatever your favourite tracks are. Now we'll throw in Ross Brawn sorting out the TV feeds to get you in the car, you'll hear the revs scream up as a car hits the slipstream of another (not affected by rev limits of course!) and......... well someone makes a much better job than the FIA and Bernie. Are you going to watch it? What if Ferrari weren't in it?

This wasn't a rant.

I just believe with a passion that no-one is bigger than the game, and if they think they are, then we have a problem. Frankly, I would respect a team massively that says, "No, I don't want favouritsm, I compete with the world's best on a level playing field". A bit like Frank Williams in fact.

Great post but it's centred around the notion that somehow Ferrari benefit from special treatment form the FIA. I don't believe that to be the case. It's more to do with the fact that Ferrari have a deep respect for all things F1, they are hopelessly devoted to it and in turn the respect is reciprocated by the FIA. I see nothing wrong with that in essence as i believe that's all it amounts to.

If one were feeling as so bold to suggest it, you could almost say that Frank Williams is less devoted to the sport because he has allowed his personal beliefs and interests to influence his current position (which is an increasingly weak one). Retaining design control and not allowing the hand of Munich to influence them has been and will always be team Willy's downfall. I don't like it but it's the truth. Ferrari put their own interests first too but in conjunction with the governing body.

Great post but it's centred around the notion that somehow Ferrari benefit from special treatment form the FIA. I don't believe that to be the case. It's more to do with the fact that Ferrari have a deep respect for all things F1, they are hopelessly devoted to it and in turn the respect is reciprocated by the FIA. I see nothing wrong with that in essence as i believe that's all it amounts to.

If one were feeling as so bold to suggest it, you could almost say that Frank Williams is less devoted to the sport because he has allowed his personal beliefs and interests to influence his current position (which is an increasingly weak one). Retaining design control and not allowing the hand of Munich to influence them has been and will always be team Willy's downfall. I don't like it but it's the truth. Ferrari put their own interests first too but in conjunction with the governing body.

Ouch! I kind of go with that - except I can't help feeling that Ferrari do benefit in a way that others don't (from the FIA).

It's only an opinion Drib, but just as though Ferrari have been (and still are!) passionate, I've often wondered if that passion hasn't come across as a spoilt child might do to the powers that be - even that they see some other teams as 'pretenders' - and possibly quite rightly from their point of view, they have put their heart and soul into it!

The bit I've highlighted above is the bit I'm most concerned about, in that a governing body should always appear to be impartial - or at least incredibly intelligent in ways to sooth Ferrari's ruffled feathers - which they could easily do and none of us would be any the wiser. I think the top and bottom of it is that I've expected the FIA to be even-handed and considered in their dealings, obvously very stupid of me :rolleyes:

As for deal 'ol Frank, I'm guilty of being blinded with a touch of nostalgia and really, he does appear to be hanging on to F1 by its shirt tails sometimes..........

Soooo, your, "....in turn the respect is reciprocated by the FIA. " is completely understandable (and I kind of agree), but they should go to greater lengths not to give any hint of this to the world.

All we need now is FUSchumi to make everyone here commit suicide! Strangely, nobody cares about Renault getting their arses in the McLaren spy saga.

This spy thing is soo gay, I'm gonna write a report on it!

Hell ****ing yes Ferrari is ****ing special.

Hmm...60 years in grand prix racing, countless wins, and most of all: a huge fan following. They make F1 money. Of course they are special.

You seem to have gone away. Stay there.

Ferrari are awesome. They just care so much, and sometimes that makes them look a little bit ridiculous, but when you stand back and look at it in the context of the results they deliver and the passion they inspire in the team, fans and drivers and it's no wonder they've got a huge following.

And they're a works team that's not dominated by profit margins and investors. They're in it for the racing - to dominate - and everybody knows it.

And they're a works team that's not dominated by profit margins and investors. They're in it for the racing - to dominate - and everybody knows it.

Huh??? Not dominated by profit margins and investors???? Get real!! They're a business just like every other F1 team. If they were only in it for the racing, they'd say to the FIA, no we don't want more money than the other teams....

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ferrari are there, but I do think Med. is right in that it should be a more level playing field. After all if you get a higher percentage of TV revenues than all the other teams you have more to invest in R&D/drivers so it is inevitable you will do better.

I still want Ferrari to be there but to return to the era when Schui drove off every race and left everyone miles behind just leaves me cold. I want to see close racing and lots of overtaking.

Huh??? Not dominated by profit margins and investors???? Get real!! They're a business just like every other F1 team. If they were only in it for the racing, they'd say to the FIA, no we don't want more money than the other teams....

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ferrari are there, but I do think Med. is right in that it should be a more level playing field. After all if you get a higher percentage of TV revenues than all the other teams you have more to invest in R&D/drivers so it is inevitable you will do better.

I still want Ferrari to be there but to return to the era when Schui drove off every race and left everyone miles behind just leaves me cold. I want to see close racing and lots of overtaking.

In F1, now wouldn't that be great, sigh.

I'm with you on the overtaking thing, but I didn't get my point across about Ferrari being dominated by money correctly I don't think.

It seems to me a lot of car manufacturers enter the sport thinking of achieving glory, failing miserably and then skulking off as quickly as possible (Ford with Jag etc). Or, worse, they're just woeful at it for reasons quite beyond anybody (Honda, Toyota).

Ferrari seem to be beyond all that. I think that the team realises - more than any other works team - that the sport itself isn't going to make you money. But what Ferrari have managed to do is allow image and reputation born from racing to create business opportunities which drive their brand. Of course they're after making a buck, but it doesn't seem to be the last word for them - they've managed to stay in the sport for sixty years, even when they were losing money, even when they were losing. And I think that deserves some kind of kudos. Maybe I should send them a cake.

I'm with you on the overtaking thing, but I didn't get my point across about Ferrari being dominated by money correctly I don't think.

It seems to me a lot of car manufacturers enter the sport thinking of achieving glory, failing miserably and then skulking off as quickly as possible (Ford with Jag etc). Or, worse, they're just woeful at it for reasons quite beyond anybody (Honda, Toyota).

Ferrari seem to be beyond all that. I think that the team realises - more than any other works team - that the sport itself isn't going to make you money. But what Ferrari have managed to do is allow image and reputation born from racing to create business opportunities which drive their brand. Of course they're after making a buck, but it doesn't seem to be the last word for them - they've managed to stay in the sport for sixty years, even when they were losing money, even when they were losing. And I think that deserves some kind of kudos. Maybe I should send them a cake.

This would have been partially true in the days when Enzo was still alive, but now, under Luca's stewardship, they are an aggressive company driven by money and greed.

In Luca & Todt they have 2 individuals that would sell their mother if it would mean guaranteed success. An often used phrase is that a company often reflects it's management and Ferrari have 2 of the most devious in F1 (excluding Flavio)