Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

The Wrong-made-right Crusade

All hail the Iceman!!!

a Few days ago I proclaimed resurrecting threads to make the wrong concerning our worthy champion, right. This is no longer the case. It will all be done in this thread, to avoid certain confusion. I have now decided to aptly call it the Wrong-made-Right crusade, with the intention to liberate some of my fellow f1 followers concerning certain aspects of the Iceman. The truth will out!!! The thread will feature mainly related reliable articles found on the net...

Please do excuse the slightly exurberant nature of the thread, as I'm still basking in newfound glory of our new champion the Iceman. This is all in the name of fun.

To start with I'm posting a rather interesting article by a certain Edu de Jager of dailynewsf1.com.... relevant points will be bolded....

A most worthy champion

Friday 26 Oktober at 12:48 : Lewis Hamilton was supposed to take the title right? He came on to the scene and drove like a veteran almost from race 1. He was singularly impressive and, for the most part, very consistent. He was loved by his team. It was almost destined

How on earth is that writer allowed to have his utter rubbish published on the internet

Show me 1 wrong ppoint....I have'nt seen favouritism from you until now.... really sad

There's nothing more embarrassing than a journalistic blowjob, which is all that article was. Kimi is awesome but hero worship within the press (especially the attempt to belittle Hamilton's debut season by implying he'd basically been in F1 his whole life) is just plain annoying. That article was really, really shit.

Kimi is awesome though.

There's nothing more embarrassing than a journalistic blowjob, which is all that article was. Kimi is awesome but hero worship within the press (especially the attempt to belittle Hamilton's debut season by implying he'd basically been in F1 his whole life) is just plain annoying. That article was really, really shit.

Kimi is awesome though.

maybe it's abit over-dramatised, but I can't really see the problem of worshipping... there's fact in every statement he makes...

or maybe it's the Lewis Hamilton criticism...You a fan like Jemstride of the man JonnyWeir?

Trying to let Hamilton down with an article like this is really Sh#t job from the journo

How can you say his season has not been ultra-impressive?!?!?You may not like him but we are still talking of a guy that, after having won the F.3 and Gp2 titles in his rookie seasons, has nearly won the ultimate goal again in his debut year

Show me 1 wrong ppoint....I have'nt seen favouritism from you until now.... really sad

its got nothing to do with favouritism, I'm glad Kimi won the title, he was robbed of it in 2005! Its nothing to do with that.

The article is over the top, and the writer completely squashes Hamilton's achievements. The whole article is anti-Hamilton, which is not what I expect from a professional journalist (although I seriously doubt it was written by a professional journalist).

He says that in the first half of the season Kimi was looking at the angles, assessing the situation or something like that - this is simply rubbish. I'm a big fan of Kimi but I can admit the truth, which is that he was outperformed by Massa on several occasions in the first half of the season.

But its the outrageous anti-Hamilton comments in the article which really show the lack of credibilty of the writer. His lame reasons (like being groomed for F1, and being favoured by the FIA) really are shocking.

JonnyWeir and Jem's points have been noted... Kimi still comes up credible... this is in accordance with the intention of the thread. :naughty:

yep there's nothing wrong with having a thread in worship of the iceman, he deserves it after all these years, but lets not have any articles or posts that criticise other drivers!

yep there's nothing wrong with having a thread in worship of the iceman, he deserves it after all these years, but lets not have any articles or posts that criticise other drivers!

But WE DO criticise OTHER drivers OFTEN in other threads based on articles and post... the free speech thing..... He was in any case my 2nd fav.

Not bad Edu de Jager not bad at all. That text really tells pretty much how i see this F1 year. And of course being a non racist nationalist ;) i have to be really proud of our Finnish motorsport history...so this article written by Edu de Jager is spot on and Kimi do deserve it and the other Finnish F1 world champions.

Kippis (cheers) another party in favour of Kimi is just about to start :clap3::clap3: please join, you guys are invited :D

I agree that the article is absolute crap, and i am actually a kimi fan! Not a fan of hamilton but i think the things he says in the artilce are a bit embarrassing to be honest. He could have been a bit more subtle and i think maybe then it would have more credibility. And how he says that raikkonen had to adapt to the new car, tyres etc... Well if i am mistaken didn't hamilton come from a completely different category with entirely different cars from f1? I just think the points he makes in the article are a bit over the top.

And like i said, huge fan of raikkonen and not so for lewis, so it just goes to show how silly the article is if i don't even agree with it

Not bad Edu de Jager not bad at all. That text really tells pretty much how i see this F1 year. And of course being a non racist nationalist ;) i have to be really proud of our Finnish motorsport history...so this article written by Edu de Jager is spot on and Kimi do deserve it and the other Finnish F1 world champions.

Thats what I thought too.... :eusa_think:

Yeah, it can tell lots about our vision of F1 this year! Distorted and blurry! Praise is welcome, bashing Hamilton is not... (oh, I like to do it, but only joking!) plus, that stuff about Kimi reserving himself at the beginning of the season sounds completely wrong. He had problems, plain and simple.

Yeah, it can tell lots about our vision of F1 this year! Distorted and blurry! Praise is welcome, bashing Hamilton is not... (oh, I like to do it, but only joking!) plus, that stuff about Kimi reserving himself at the beginning of the season sounds completely wrong. He had problems, plain and simple.

You are absolutely right Freaky, but the point the journalist is making is having the right mindset during those difficult periods....

You are absolutely right Freaky, but the point the journalist is making is having the right mindset during those difficult periods....

Oh, well, small wonder, having suffered the McLaren so many years (esp. 2004-06), heheh

To add to my mindset point, Lewis effectively lost the championship in China, with his do or die win mindset, not the last race... had he played it safe and just scored consistently like Alonso the previous 2 years, well, he would've been very happy today

Its probably 1 of the worst articles I've ever seen. The writer is surely not a journalist.

There are much much better articles on Kimi's season on BBC Sport website, and www.itv-f1.com, articles which highlight Kimi's fantastic performances but dont combine it with horse-crap and exaggerations!

I don't agree at all with the article. I still rate Kimi 3rd behind Nando and Lewis when it comes to actual skills. But what the hell! Let's cut the Kimi worshippers some slack!

They had to endure years of frustration after all :P

Replace the word 'Kimi' for 'Lewis' and they will love your post.

Persist in deviating from lewisteric's guidelines and you will continue to get insults.

maybe it's abit over-dramatised, but I can't really see the problem of worshipping... there's fact in every statement he makes...

or maybe it's the Lewis Hamilton criticism...You a fan like Jemstride of the man JonnyWeir?

I don't really like Hamilton. He's a nothing person for me. Everyone keeps saying how he's the new breed of the ultimate professional racing driver, and in many ways I guess that's true, but that means he has very little to offer personality wise. Cars are his life. At least Kimi has a bit of soul.

But you can't deny that Lewis Hamilton is an absolutely outstanding driver, and attempting to belittle his achievements by calling him arrogant or claiming that he somehow has an unfair advantage because he has been in training for a long time is just ridiculous.

All hail the Iceman!!!

bla bla

What an appalling article, and the campaign is getting tiresome. Can we have blind Kimi worship confined to one thread at least?

The truth is that this year has been one where everyone has mad mistakes, Kimi was lucky that all he had against him was a rookie and a has been. Sure he was the best driver of the year, at least among the top teams, but not by much. It is ridiculous to use this as some kind of a vindication - he hasn't driven better this year than he has before, and itm ight well have not been enough had things not gone his way.