Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

I Cant Get To My Car

And how is baseball suppose to alleviate our boredom?

:lol: No I wasn't suggesting watch baseball in the off-season; I was making a joke implying aussief1 was talking bout the baseball off-season and not the F1 one.

But when your team are the World Champions, baseball is far from boring. No I could never watch a whole baseball game that wasn't either playoffs or Red Sox vs Yankees, and no I could never try to watch all 162 regular season games, but spread out I really enjoy it. Just not as much as NFL. And with Pats dominance, I won't remember what baseball is.

:lol: No I wasn't suggesting watch baseball in the off-season; I was making a joke implying aussief1 was talking bout the baseball off-season and not the F1 one.

But when your team are the World Champions, baseball is far from boring. No I could never watch a whole baseball game that wasn't either playoffs or Red Sox vs Yankees, and no I could never try to watch all 162 regular season games, but spread out I really enjoy it. Just not as much as NFL. And with Pats dominance, I won't remember what baseball is.

Well its the off season for the AFL (Australian Football League) and im board stiff. Words cannot describe how much i love Australian Football and the off season is pure hell. I already know how im going to die, one day in the future when my heart isnt strong as it is now the Sydney Swans are going to do something on the field which causes me to have a heart attack, it will probably have something to do with losing the Grand Final in the dying seconds by only 1 point.

Well its the off season for the AFL (Australian Football League) and im board stiff. Words cannot describe how much i love Australian Football and the off season is pure hell. I already know how im going to die, one day in the future when my heart isnt strong as it is now the Sydney Swans are going to do something on the field which causes me to have a heart attack, it will probably have something to do with losing the Grand Final in the dying seconds by only 1 point.

Indeed, I know how it is...when we were that close to being in the World Series in 2003...it was brutal. Fortunately, 3 Super Bowls for the Patriots and 2 World Series for the Red Sox have made up for all the defeats.

Of course, as it turns out, once I move out of Mets territory, the Mets get Pedro Martinez and start doing okay again.

Indeed, I know how it is...when we were that close to being in the World Series in 2003...it was brutal. Fortunately, 3 Super Bowls for the Patriots and 2 World Series for the Red Sox have made up for all the defeats.

Of course, as it turns out, once I move out of Mets territory, the Mets get Pedro Martinez and start doing okay again.

My AFL team lost the Grand Final in 2006 by 1 point and that was incredibly hard to watch as they were leading for alot of the game. One of my favourite moments has to be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cz8ezw0P9k

My AFL team lost the Grand Final in 2006 by 1 point and that was incredibly hard to watch as they were leading for alot of the game. One of my favourite moments has to be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cz8ezw0P9k

What the hell is that and why can't I watch that here? That was pretty damn cool.

Heartbreak for me was when the Patriots had a strong-hold on the Colts in the AFC Division Championship game, and they lost it at the end...Colts went on to win the Super Bowl.

What the hell is that and why can't I watch that here? That was pretty damn cool.

That is what i consider the best code of football in the world (of course many will disagree with me :D ). As far as i know it is broadcasted in America but only on a sports channel called 'Setanta Sports".

Here are some video's if anyone is interested

Up There Cazaly (Beware the mullet is alive and well in this clip :P )

AFL Big Hits

AFL Promotiopnal Video (2005)

Heartbreak for me was when the Patriots had a strong-hold on the Colts in the AFC Division Championship game, and they lost it at the end...Colts went on to win the Super Bowl.

There is nothing worse than losing a match in the dying seconds, of course there is nothing better than winning a match in the dying seconds. The perils of being a sports fan i guess.

[quote name='ykickamoocow' post='226679' date='Oct 30 2007, 05:14 PM']That is what i consider the best code of football in the world (of course many will disagree with me :D ). As far as i know it is broadcasted in America but only on a sports channel called 'Setanta Sports".

Here are some video's if anyone is interested

Up There Cazaly (Beware the mullet is alive and well in this clip :P )
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM8XB61ZvU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM8XB61ZvU[/url]

AFL Big Hits
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiGoqObb0YQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiGoqObb0YQ[/url]

AFL Promotiopnal Video (2005)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hqosNvv5E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hqosNvv5E[/url]

There is nothing worse than losing a match in the dying seconds, of course there is nothing better than winning a match in the dying seconds. The perils of being a sports fan i guess.[/quote]
I like it. I'll buy it from Australia for $10 and a pack of gum, and if that doesn't work I'll sing "Kookaburra Sits In the Old Gum Tree" until they kill themselves.

In the perfect world, AFL would be on US TV during the NFL off-season. Then I'd be 10 times happier, and too busy to whine about how boring F1 is ^_^

And yeah, it is. When I played football, I experienced a bit of both...it was great, especially if I was a part of the win, but the loss was gutting. Same with my racing; I've lost by super small margins (0.004 seconds was the closest I think), but I always have fun even when I lose in racing...either because I'm a good sport or I lose so much I get used to it. Probably both.

And dominant wins, I like those once in a while. The Patriots 52-7 win over the Redskins was nice. I can't wait for the Pats/Colts game Sunday...that's gunna be a thriller.

Thanks for sharing AFL, Moo Moo, I'm gunna have to look into that a little more.

Hi, I am Andres' lawyer and I want to read the following statement:

"I, Andres, under no circumstance whatsoever funded any illicit and heathen organization. I therefore reject any claims by the so-called 'Hamilton Church' about receiving the funds that my little Bernie apple pie, honey bunch, sugar plum, so generously gives me to cover my wardrobe and coiffeur expenses. Regarding the funds that I receive from the 'Vitantonio Liuzzi Building Company', they are perfectly legal funds."

Ive found on of my most painful sporting moments

Ouch.

That reminded me of the best of mine, actually. Sox, ALCS, 2004, playing greatest rivals, the New York Yankees. They lost the first 3 of the series, but won the last 4 to complete the comeback and win. That Ortiz homerun in Game 7 was...just great. It was amazing.

"I, Andres, under no circumstance whatsoever funded any illicit and heathen organization. I therefore reject any claims by the so-called 'Hamilton Church' about receiving the funds that my little Bernie apple pie, honey bunch, sugar plum, so generously gives me to cover my wardrobe and coiffeur expenses. Regarding the funds that I receive from the 'Vitantonio Liuzzi Building Company', they are perfectly legal funds."

:lol:

What about the taxes on the money???