Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1-Wez

FIA Shooting themselves in the foot?

What do you think about the decision to only allow Speedvision to carry F1 in the States?

From what I can gather, not may cable networks carry Speedvision, therefore leaving many F1 fans out in the cold.

Call me crazy, but severely limiting the amount of people that can view the races will do nothing to boost the popularity of F1 in the states...

I just wrote a check to get digital cable just so I could watch the races because of Bernie's commitment to his wallet and not to the fans. I can only hope that F1 is sold and that he takes his greed elsewhere. If the new owners of F1  take a look at NASCAR they would see what can be done. Americans will fill the seats to see the best in the world but only if they know that the organizers appreciate their patronage.

Hello Wez, Triggman,

I think this is another blow against F-1 popularity in the U.S.  It looks like someone is looking for very short-range profits.

Saludos,

Andr

I think everyone wants a piece of the pie and why not take full advantage. After all it's the marketing that seems to be ruling so why not do it the American way.

In Canada CBC has the rights to the Canadian Grand Prix.

It's the sad thing about F1 nowadays - it's all about the money...I'm not going to hark back to the 60s because that's never going to happen and is pretty pointless...

The F1 we know and love today comes part and parcel with the commercial side that keeps it going

This actually affects me since I, sadly, live in an area where my AT&T cable service does not carry Speedvision, not even on digital. I thought about a dish but it would cost WAY too much, so I have started a gigantic campaign of complaining and asking my cable provider to add it on to my lineup.

So far I have seen Australia at a sports bar and I completely missed Malaysia except for the online applet here at TotalF1. Malaysia also sounded like a VERY interesting race so as you can guess I am not very happy at all.

If youre like me I suggest you call the Speedvision toll-free number  (1-888-22-SPEED, option 1) and they will send a request to your cable service to add the channel. Also call your cable provider and tell them of your interest and most likely they will send a form which you fill out to request the channel. Photocopy the form and give it to your friends, they dont have to want the channel just ask them for a favor! Also keep calling the toll free number to annoy them and make calls from your friends houses or have them call, it only takes a few seconds!

Also a very important thing you should do is go to www.speedvision.com and fill out the online request form. Just keep asking them and you will get it!!!