Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

8 Years Ago Today...

Blimey, that long??? And that was one of the most horrible accidents broadcast (apart from Gilles Villeneuve's fatal accident).

He was certainly a talented driver.

Yeah mate...eight whole years...wow...hard to believe I was only 16 when that happened.

Indeed he was, my favorite driver by far in CART. I didn't watch for a few years after that; it just wasn't the same.

RIP Greg :(:(

Was that the same year when there was another fatal accident at the corkscrew in Laguna Seca.... Rodriguez?? That was a weird accident.

Yes Rodriguez pasted in September of 1999 :(

Thank God for the HANS device which has gone some way to making our dangerous sport a little safer.

Yeah, PT's pretty fun...I'm a Hinch fan myself...hoping for a Hinch/Tracy Forsythe team like the one that's rumored.

Thank God for the HANS device which has gone some way to making our dangerous sport a little safer.

Indeed, though a HANS would not have saved Greg as his head would've smacked the wall regardless.

Indeed, though a HANS would not have saved Greg as his head would've smacked the wall regardless.

Yeah I remember reading that.

A couple of months ago I was sorting out some of my old F1 racing mags and placing them in year groups and I came across a program for the Surfers Paradise CART race with Greg Moore on the cover, I sat and reflected for a minute in his honour.

Its Really Really sad when a young driver with such a Promising future is cut short.

Motor Racing is dangerous and sometimes we take the safety for granted.

Yeah...

I remember watching it on the tube...

a real likable guy too

.... another said day for all racing fans

Just a quick comment in agreement that I seriously doubt that Moore would have survived, even with HANS.

Rodriguez was officially the most bizarre fatality I've ever seen...

While we're at it, spare a thought for Jeff Krosnoff ... He was more like 11 years ago ( '96, I think, I know it was on the back stretch at Toronto)...

Those three were the last fatalities in CART. Hopefully, CCWS will never have one.

Those three were the last fatalities in CART. Hopefully, CCWS will never have one.

Legge's crash at Road America leads me to believe there's a great level of safety...DP01's iffy in slow-speed crashes, but at least those don't result in fatality...kinks will be worked out by 08 I'd say.