Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bro.

Question:is The Whole Field Going To Drive For Mclaren Next Year?

A sorta silly question maybe but at the moment it seems as though the whole field has got some sort of connection to drive for Mclaren next year except for Fernando Alonso :lol: !

Canditates including, Button and the one that I started Rubens Barrichello, Ralf Schumacher, Toino Liuzzi, Sebastien Bourdais, Sebastien Vettel, Adrian Sutil, Rosberg (Favourite), Webber I heard on the Australian TV show RPM, De La Rosa, Paffet, Davidson too which is one that I thought of, Giancarlo Fisichella, Heikki Kovalainen, is there anyone else that I missed? Mika Hakkinen? Alain Prost? DC? JV? MS?

It just seems as though the entire field is going to drive for Mclaren, there are even drivers who didn't EVEN race last season, thats how many are in line for the drive when Fernando leaves.

And the same for Fernando, one minute he was gonna drive for BMW, Then Ferrari, now Renault, Red Bull also, and while we are here, Toyota, Honda, Williams is the latest for Fernando on a one year deal, Prodrive so he is still in the Mclaren family but he can't interrupt them,is there anyone missing? only SA, FI, STR, and Mclaren.

It may be a silly post but is this silly season just a little too silly?

If yoy said everyone on the 2008 gird then why did you bother to mention all of them? Besides, Barrichello ain't gonna do it, Ralfie seems to be on his way out of F1, de la Rosa is said to be going to Prodrive, Alonso is surely going to Renault, Hakkinen is racing with the AMG Mercedes DTM team, JV is probably hunting deer in -10c heat, DC sticking with RBR, Liuzzi right where he is, Trulli has only 1 more season left so why not waste it with Toyota, Button is married to Honda, Rosberg is pretty much a Williams man at the moment, Bourdais not a chance, Webber possibly especially with that unreliability wreck of a car had this season, Davidson sticking with Aguri, Kovvy probs gonna be Alonso's team mate next year so it leaves me with Gary Paffett as my favourite choice whie Fisi could but his run in the Renault's the past few years has'nt been a bit racy.

There is no evidence that McLaren have spoken to any of the above drivers, and it is extremely unlikely that they have spoken to anyone.

I think Alonso will stay, his manager Mr Garcia reiterated yet again a couple of days ago that Alonso has a contract with mclaren, and he appeared to be very happy with the championship outcome in Brazil, I think he was just happy that Lewis didnt win

Hmm, where will Alonso go next season? I just can't decide. The only thing I could say is that he will be driving next year, and most likely in F1, and he'll still be Spanish. That's all I can say for now. Ask me in a few months.

Hmm, where will Alonso go next season? I just can't decide. The only thing I could say is that he will be driving next year, and most likely in F1, and he'll still be Spanish. That's all I can say for now. Ask me in a few months.

Wrong. He will be using a bicycle for transportation.

Wrong. He will be riding that bicycle in Champ Car.

Wrong. He's become an official American citizen under the name Fred Albert.

And the Tijuana Brass?

There is no evidence that McLaren have spoken to any of the above drivers, and it is extremely unlikely that they have spoken to anyone.

I think Alonso will stay, his manager Mr Garcia reiterated yet again a couple of days ago that Alonso has a contract with mclaren, and he appeared to be very happy with the championship outcome in Brazil, I think he was just happy that Lewis didnt win

No, I'm saying that they have spoken to all the drivers above, all Im quoting is that anyone form the media to us even seem to be putting any driver into that car no.4 seat and maybe, just maybe its becoming too much.

Thats what It seems to me.

No, I'm saying that they have spoken to all the drivers above, all Im quoting is that anyone form the media to us even seem to be putting any driver into that car no.4 seat and maybe, just maybe its becoming too much.

Thats what It seems to me.

Once they get Ide involved, then it's too much...

We haven't even reached Narain yet...

You can keep him.

I really don't know what to think if Mark Webber went to Mclaren.

It would be a great opportunity for him to land into a Top ride, but I don't see him and Ron getting along very well considering there 2 completely different characters in Formula one.

He would go good there for sure, but I don't really know if Mark will be able to Match Lewis week in week out in Lewis's team, Mark I think will be extremely uncomfortable being the second driver in a One man team and I think it will affect him too much, I maybe wrong, but thats the way I feel at the moment.

I think a really exciting prospect for 2008 would be Alonso & Fisi reuinted in their Renault 'dream team', Hamilton & Button at McLaren, & Kimi & Massa at Ferrari. We could have a 5-way title battle!

I really don't know what to think if Mark Webber went to Mclaren.

It would be a great opportunity for him to land into a Top ride, but I don't see him and Ron getting along very well considering there 2 completely different characters in Formula one.

He would go good there for sure, but I don't really know if Mark will be able to Match Lewis week in week out in Lewis's team, Mark I think will be extremely uncomfortable being the second driver in a One man team and I think it will affect him too much, I maybe wrong, but thats the way I feel at the moment.

Ron might not like the idea of Webber in a Mclaren either for fear of Hamilton getting out-qualified week in week out???

HA HA HA couldnt agree more Jamie. :lol::cheers::congrats:

But I'm talkin about The personality wars, I can easily see Ron and mark comming to blows but then at the same time Ron is Honest like an Aussie isn't he.

HA HA HA couldnt agree more Jamie. :lol::cheers::congrats:

But I'm talkin about The personality wars, I can easily see Ron and mark comming to blows but then at the same time Ron is Honest like an Aussie isn't he.

HAHAHA!!!

Maybe Ron might like the No-Fuss and get your hands dirty driver that Mark Webber is.

Remembering that Ron Did start his career courtsey of Aussie's Ron Taurnac and Black Jack

And everyone is very 'appy

We knew it was gonna happen but still I cant feel but be surprised.

Not surprised here, I just couldn't form a scenario in my head as to how on earth he could have continued at McLaren. Now the roulette wheel is on fire again! Thumbs up for Heikki and Nico hopefully landing with good seats.

Confirmed! Alonso leaving Mclaren!!!

full news

"

McLaren have confirmed that Fernando Alonso has left the team by mutual consent with immediate effect.

Whilst the divorce was expected, its confirmation remains shocking in the sense that the marriage should have been a match made in heaven. Instead, Alonso's solitary season will be remembered only for acrimony and the nightmare spectre of the Stepneygate scandal that resulted in the team's expulsion from the Constructors' Championship due to the indiscretions of Alonso's email exchange with test driver Pedro de la Rosa.

Alonso's disgruntlement centred on his belief that the team favoured Lewis Hamilton throughout the British's driver rookie year. Having allegedly blackmailed Dennis to install him as the team's number one driver, Alonso's departure ironically effectively confers that status on Hamilton instead.

Hamilton can thus be regarded as the only winner in the split. McLaren have lost a driver who, despite the distraction of the interminable internal bickering, came within two points of winning a third successive World Championship. As for Alonso, with his route into Ferrari blocked by Felipe Massa's recent contract extension, his next move is bound to be a backwards step.

The Spaniard has won few friends over the past twelve months but, after months of denouncements and accusations, Alonso was noticeably contrite and dignified in his farewell to the team.

Wishing the entire team "the best for the future", he admitted: "I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win."

While no doubt partially relieved to have parted company with Alonso, the tone of Dennis' commentary was of disappointment and puzzlement that the alliance of Alonso and McLaren had so spectacularly failed to dovetail.

"He is a great driver but for some reason the combination of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Fernando has not really worked out, and in the end we reached a stage where none of us could find a way to move forward. We all believe that our joint decision to part company is for the best, and we will now continue to focus on our 2008 World Championship challenge."

There was no indication from the team on who will replace Alonso as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate next season, but Nico Rosberg, Heikki Kovalkanien and Jenson Button are bound to be considered as the leading contenders.

"