Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DriftingGuy

Your Most Happy F1 Moment

How many times did Kimi's car incur the 10 position penalty in qualifiny? I tried looking this up just now but haven't found much. I know it was 4-5 times he was sent packing. Despite this he won just as many races as Alonso at 7 a piece. Factor in him probably winning those 2 races (at least the Nurburg one) and also fastest laps at 10 vs 2, and yes I still believe Kimi's car was a freaking rocket. It was just terribly unreliable though.

You're missing my point. You said that the '05 Mclaren was more dominant than anything they had produced since the 1980's. I have proven that to be wrong. Kimi lost the '05 championship in the first three races when he fell behind Fernando to the tune of twenty six points. If Kimi's mclaren was as fast as you claim, why oh why did he finish the first three races and yet still have such a massive points deficit? The Mclaren became fast but it wasn't out-of-the box-'88 fast.

:lol: I think he probably did deliberately crash into Hill, but good for him I say. If you need a non-contact girly sport, how about women's football, or cricket? Though I must admit, I do like the idea of tea and crumpets at Grands Prix weekends...

Also, Rainmaster: you know that Kimi cheats too? He admitted this year that he (used to) listen in to rival team radio communications! :nono1:

I don't think Kimi would drive into a competitor though..., in fact I'm almost convinced he wouldn't. To be honest I'm not bothered as to how the cheating is viewed (personally I don't care, it is what it is), just that it is accepted that he did (probably) cheat in the first place.

I don't think Kimi would drive into a competitor though..., in fact I'm almost convinced he wouldn't. To be honest I'm not bothered as to how the cheating is viewed (personally I don't care, it is what it is), just that it is accepted that he did (probably) cheat in the first place.

Well, i'm bothered that it's viewed as cheating. To say 'it is what it is' is precisely right. It is what it was. Neither of us actually know what it was; you have a view and i have a view. Michael knows which one is true.

To somehow endorse the view of Adelaide '94 by saying that Jerez '97 and Rascasse '06 confirm it, is ridiculous. That's like saying that the boy caught scrumping in 1864 must have been scrumping in 1868 because he must have been scrumpin before. well, something like that. Three Guinnesses have rendered my powers of analogy useless.

Well, i'm bothered that it's viewed as cheating. To say 'it is what it is' is precisely right. It is what it was. Neither of us actually know what it was; you have a view and i have a view. Michael knows which one is true.

To somehow endorse the view of Adelaide '94 by saying that Jerez '97 and Rascasse '06 confirm it, is ridiculous. That's like saying that the boy caught scrumping in 1864 must have been scrumping in 1868 because he must have been scrumpin before. well, something like that. Three Guinnesses have rendered my powers of analogy useless.

'endorse'? I'm certainly not endorsing it, I am just trying to show that it's likely that he did cheat by giving other examples, thereby strengthening my argument that he most likely did cheat - unless Michael Schumacher just happened to have all these things happen in his career and all of them were racing incidents. I don't claim to know, but if I had to bet, I'd bet he did based on the footage and knowledge I have now of his dubious tactics on the track. Does it matter? No, not really, he was a better driver than Hill anyway.

I was too Argento! Just that Rindt was my favourite of and I've never been a Ferrari fan :naughty:

Ickx? An master of the rain.

Ickx? A playboy, a master in the rain, a master in the Ring (sorry a "meister") and a master in LeMans when LeMans was competive not a fast promenade like today! Unfortunately he was runner up twice -1969 and 1970. But I think the best for him is he can tell everybody "Ok I

All the drivers did. Kimi wasn't the one sitting there with a scanner listening in on the conversations. Obviously an employee of McLaren had already recorded the conversation and the drivers were able to listen to it in the briefing room. At that time it was common practice for all the teams to be listening in on each others radios. Is it cheating when they all do it, and they all know the other teams are doing it to them? Technically yes, but hardly in the same category as having 700+ pages of designs and data from a particular team.

Kimi is more than happy to cheat. That he has admitted himself. The rest is just an excuse imho.

Think about it this way. Over the years, Kimi will have heard the highlights of something like "700+ pages" of radio transcripts. He wouldn't listen to them and act upon them if it wasn't to his advantage to do so. Now, you may very well claim that McLaren's cheating gave them more of an advantage. Personally I don't think this matters at all. Cheating is cheating is cheating. But what's more, suppose that Kimi overheard some hugely important piece of information that he shouldn't know. Are you saying Kimi would not have used it? In other words he cheated, in a way which might well have given him a big advantage, but he would only choose to use information that wouldn't help him too much? :lol: I find that very hard to believe.

Not only that, but PDLR says that every team and driver uses information gained through cheating about rival designs, set ups etc. Perhaps not as much in so short a time as McLaren had, but that's hardly the point.

:lol: I think he might. People expected Schumi and Senna to do it. But perhaps not Prost so much. And before this season, no one (other than me :P ) would have thought Alonso and PDLR would be so willing to cheat. I don't think you can say what Kimi would do in that situation. And what's more, if he is as you say, that attitude will hold him back like it held back JV (and even he was willing to cheat too).

Is this all you do with your life? Picking on typos?

I like to be sarcastic, take it easy.

:lol: I think he might. People expected Schumi and Senna to do it. But perhaps not Prost so much. And before this season, no one (other than me :P ) would have thought Alonso and PDLR would be so willing to cheat. I don't think you can say what Kimi would do in that situation. And what's more, if he is as you say, that attitude will hold him back like it held back JV (and even he was willing to cheat too).

Well I don't! :P To be honest though, the iceman wouldn't make the mistake in the first place :lol: , nah I'm joking. Oh and yeah I suppose it would hold him back, but at least people wouldn't say 'he was a great driver but he was a damn b#####d on track sometimes' like with Schumie, they'd just say 'he was a great driver but he loved a drink and didn't give a sh!t'.